Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Global Posts
    321 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by karthikeyanjagadevan View Post
    Devil Insulted: I am in the same boat as you. Let me know if you get a reply. I filed a dispute through Paypal already to get a refund. Its already January and in another 3 or 4 months AT&T themselves will unlock the phone. If these guys are not able to do it now, no point in paying them and waiting for them to do it.
    As far as they can give me code within next 1 month i think its worth the price.

Quote Originally Posted by nsp24 View Post
    Just got 2 codes from FoneFunShop the first one failed but the second worked took 6 days very good considering its Christmas, phone working fine on Vodafone!
    Same here, put my phones4u 920 down as from EE, took 6 days to find the unlock codes, two codes supplied first didn't work second did.

Does anyone else find it stressful typing in these codes, with the threat of only having 10 tries?

These people can unlock the 920 , you pay more and it does take about 9 days ....but if you bought the phone (white) in mint condition on Ebay for £320 who cares. https://www.facebook.com/mobileunlocked?fref=ts

Heh guys. Here's my story.
    Bought my phone from AT&T store in FL for $450.00. I don't live in the states. (Bahamas, twice the price here). Tried to get it unlocked throught some cell phone shops here, but always came n=back rejected. Called up AT&T customer service and they said my phone is available for unlock sometime between July & December. What a joke. Can anyone help??

what is so hard? just flash your country rm-821 firmware and its done

Global Posts
    376 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pi Sin View Post
    what is so hard? just flash your country rm-821 firmware and its done
    Flashing different firmware will NOT unlock the phone for use with another sim card.
    Developer

Global Posts
    505 Global Posts
    Yep - same - got mine unlocked from same place in same way on Orange contract from P4U

Quote Originally Posted by juggalonation75 View Post
    Flashing different firmware will NOT unlock the phone for use with another sim card.
    Incorrect, I had an EE branded L920, flashed it with unbranded CV_GB ROM, Voda sim now works in it.

Quote Originally Posted by VegaNovus View Post
    Incorrect, I had an EE branded L920, flashed it with unbranded CV_GB ROM, Voda sim now works in it.
    you were lucky to get an unlock phone in the first place, nothing to do with which brand/ver you flash afterwards. The sim lock is not even in the wp system.

Phone wasn't unlocked. . . only EE/tmo/orange sims worked.

After a flash, all sims seem to work.

I have a 920 which was originally EE firmware, flashed generic CV and still locked, waiting for Fun Fone Shop to send a code through (7 days and counting). Flashing a new ROM does not affect the lock/unlock SIM status.

Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    No luck with cellunlock, that site is a SCAM beware, I'm still waiting my money back :-S

Att sent me one code but it didn't work, and like 800 calls later they don't wanna sent me the other code, still trying tough

And I'm gonna try funfoneshop one of these days to see if I can finally get lucky :-]

Got my code from Fun Fone Shop, came in 8 days, they guy were great to talk with, would recommend!
    Call me JoJo :D

Current: Nokia Lumia 1020
    Old: Nokia Lumia 925 | Nokia Lumia 920 (Black) | Nokia Lumia 820 | Nokia Lumia 800 (Black) | Samsung Omnia 7 (16GB) | Samsung Galaxy S2 | HTC HD7 | Sony Ericsson Arc | HTC HD2 - HD7 | Sony Ericsson x10i | Sony Ericsson x1i (x2 Silver & x1 Black) | HTC Touch Pro2 | HTC Touch Diamond2 | Too many Sony Ericsson & Nokia handset to list!

Quote Originally Posted by JoJoUK View Post
    Got my code from Fun Fone Shop, came in 8 days, they guy were great to talk with, would recommend!
    They must get phones unlocked in batches as I got mine this morning too. Sent my request in on Friday evening.

I think your right, when I emailed for an update during the week they said they were waiting for a batch to cone through. Perhaps they go to the carrier with a list? I can't figure out why else they would have to wait for batches.
    Call me JoJo :D

Current: Nokia Lumia 1020
    Old: Nokia Lumia 925 | Nokia Lumia 920 (Black) | Nokia Lumia 820 | Nokia Lumia 800 (Black) | Samsung Omnia 7 (16GB) | Samsung Galaxy S2 | HTC HD7 | Sony Ericsson Arc | HTC HD2 - HD7 | Sony Ericsson x10i | Sony Ericsson x1i (x2 Silver & x1 Black) | HTC Touch Pro2 | HTC Touch Diamond2 | Too many Sony Ericsson & Nokia handset to list!

Hi everybody,

I am new here but as going through Google listings I stumbled across your forum and I actually had recently purchased Nokia Lumia 920 from at&t and even though I paid full price for my phone after a phone call to at&t they told me that it cannot be unlocked until later this year... So I did some research and decided to give this site a try Unlocks Express and to my surprise they were actually capable of getting me my unlock code. Only negative side was that it took them couple of days longer than promised but their excuse was that servers experienced a delay. In the end I was satisfied with my results price was a little bit high but before that my phone was pretty much useless.

This is the direct link to the product right here at&t Nokia Lumia 920 Factory Unlock – Unlocks Express Let me know if anybody going to give them a try, support is friendly and fast.

Brian.

Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    Is there an online solution that actually works or I just have to wait till may 9???

Vodaphone sim cards work with EE branded L920's. Try putting a 3 sim card in there and it will say locked.

Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Aussie12 View Post
    Vodaphone sim cards work with EE branded L920's. Try putting a 3 sim card in there and it will say locked.

yup i agree with you

Hi Vpop,
    Could you suggest me any reliable source among these?

Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    you can opt any one of the online providers

Quote Originally Posted by vpop View Post
    you can opt any one of the online providers
    Thank you vpop :)
    your profile picture looks good :)

There are lots of unlocking sources online.

I have successfully unlocked my Nokia Lumia 920 from a third party source.

I unlocked my EE L920 with a code bought from "unlockfrog". It took a few days to arrive, but now I can use any sim card in it.
    No problems with updates to portico and hopefully the next one. *fingers crossed
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast