Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Ok so I just got my unlock code from unlock.canadagsm.ca it cost me 29 plus tax. Haven't tried it yet but when I do I will confirm. Quite happy at this moment.
    Sent from my RM-820_nam_canada_200 using Board Express

So I got my Lumia unlocked. Just a side note my phone is a 46/2012

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Bombay View Post
    Yes, some folks have successfully unlocked their Rogers 920 through cellunlocker.net. However, not all the Rogers 920's can be unlocked as not all IMEI's have shown up in the database. From the information at hand, it seems that only some of the 44/2012 week builds have been unlocked. I've been told that more IMEI's will be added to their database in the next week or so.
    they couldnt get a code for me today. build 45/2012, rogers.

wp7USER
    So I got my Lumia unlocked. Just a side note my phone is a 46/2012
    Where did you buy the phone from? Rogers store or Microsoft store ?

Quote Originally Posted by Saleh Haddad View Post
    Where did you buy the phone from? Rogers store or Microsoft store ?
    From the Rogers plus store at Eaton. I first had a build 45/2012 but I returned it because it had a vibrating rattling noise which this build (46/2012) still has.

Another thing to note is that internet sharing and receiving mms doesn't work for me. I can send mms but can't receive which is beyond weird. Am with wind mobile so if anyone has any info to share upon that please feel free to do so.

is vibrating issue common?

the 920 from at&t i purchased seems to not vibrate correctly.... also has the yellowish tint for capacitive keys...

now with there almost being no hope of getting my at&t version unlocked anytime soon, im wondering if i should just return it for a full refund :(

I bought 2 920s from Rogers and are 46/2012 builds.
    One was quickly unlocked from cellunlocker.net and the other I got a refund after about 2 hours saying they couldn't do it.
    I then tried unlock.canadagsm.ca on Friday night and still waiting for a code. Hopefully I get the code soon :)
    My phone also rattles when vibrating but it's really the only thing thats "wrong" about this phone so far.

Global Posts
    3,899 Global Posts
    PIN
    Private Message
    Has anyone been able to find a third party outside Canada (or can i use a Canadian site to unlock an international phone?) I've scoured my local area and online and I haven't been able to find anywhere that say they can unlock the 920.

Global Posts
    403 Global Posts
    I gave up trying to unlock it with a 3rd party and finally paid Rogers their $50 fee to get it unlocked. Took all of 20 minutes on the phone to get it done.

If you purchase the phone locked to EE, is it not possible to get the code off EE themselves?

In the past I have been able to get an unlock code off vodafone

Global Posts
    3,899 Global Posts
    PIN
    Private Message
    I purchased my device from Phones 4 U sim-free which of course means that its locked to EE, T-Mobile and Orange... I've got an Orange PAYG sim in it and having called Orange they won't unlock the device until the sim has been in it for 3 months and at that point they start the process which will take 20 business days (basically a month). I'm just trying to find a quicker solution.

hi
    have you recived your code from cellunlocker.net and if yes how many days they took, i have ordered aswell for my nokia lumia 920 on Orange.
    But dont know will get or not theres another website claiming they can unlock this handset and its cheaper then cellunlocker.net, it callef Mr uocker..please reply i m waiting for your answer

Quote Originally Posted by Muessig View Post
    I purchased my device from Phones 4 U sim-free which of course means that its locked to EE, T-Mobile and Orange... I've got an Orange PAYG sim in it and having called Orange they won't unlock the device until the sim has been in it for 3 months and at that point they start the process which will take 20 business days (basically a month). I'm just trying to find a quicker solution.

try mrunlocker they claiming they can unlock your phone plus charge you only 20 pounds

I am currently in the process of trying to unlock my phone from Cellunlocker.net for my UK Orange PAYG phone. I don't know what batch my phone is or how to tell you that but I phoned around every unlocking shop in my area and tried every unlocking site I could find online and only Cellunlocker, another site with a very similar name I forget or Mobileunlocked.co.uk claimed to be able to unlock the phone on the 9/10th of November when I first was looking and got my phone. I decided to use Cellunlocker, as it was the cheapest at the time (cost me 25 and they're not charging nearly 40 for the same phone) compared to the 55 Mobileunlocked.co.uk wanted. I figured that if it went wrong or they couldn't unlock it I could always get my money back through paypal. Also Cellunlocker said they could do it within 3-10 business days whereas the other one said 4-18 business days.

I've repeatedly emailed them over the intervening time and they've reassured me that they are able to unlock the phone and I am due to receive my code today. I'll post back in here when I know more. The website stresses the 3-10 business day thing isn't a hard and fast rule (I believe the 10th day was actually yesterday) but I'm anxious to put my 3 sim in this 920 just like anyone else and I'll let you know when I know more!

EDIT: Just received this mail;

So it seems like I'll have to wait until tomorrow or Monday to get my code. Grr!
    hi
    have u recived your code or still waiting i have ordered from same website for my nokia lumia 920?? please reply thanks

Global Posts
    3,899 Global Posts
    PIN
    Private Message
    Quote Originally Posted by Shahid Mehmood View Post
    hi
    have u recived your code or still waiting i have ordered from same website for my nokia lumia 920?? please reply thanks
    Hey, they told me to confirm my IMEI after 2 weeks so they could check an alternative database. The next day they said they couldn't give me a code and refunded me the full price. I haven't been able to find anyone else that can do it. Might wait til other people pop up that have unlocked their phones.

Hey, they told me to confirm my IMEI after 2 weeks so they could check an alternative database. The next day they said they couldn't give me a code and refunded me the full price. I haven't been able to find anyone else that can do it. Might wait til other people pop up that have unlocked their phones.
    hey
    try mrunlock.com they claiming they can unlock the phonr

well wish me luck, as i have tried the one recommended above mrunlock.com, to be honest i think they are going to say that they cannot do it and to try again in a few weeks. I just cannot believe the fiasco caused by the lumia 920 launch in the UK. Paid sim free price from phones4u and id expect it unlocked to all networks. I bought the phone before they started to mention it on the website and on twitter that it was locked. My own fault should of returned it when i had the chance but could not go through with it. Well heres to waiting...... LOL rant over for now ha.
    Any other ideas people????????????
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    I Just Bought a Locked AT&T Phone.
    I want to Unlock this and Use it on T-Mobile USA.
    If anyone has success unlocking the AT&T USA Lumia 920, please tell me the details.
    I am staring at a beautiful Brick that I cant do anything as I just have a T-Mobile SIM Card.

Also someone was saying that their phone is 46/2012 or 45/2012...What is this and how do we find it on the Phone?

Thanks.

My friend just bought another phone from Rogers and we successfully got it unlock from cellunlocker.net in under 2 hours.
    This one was a 47/2012. So that's 1 for 2 46/2012 and 1 for 1 47/2012

Global Posts
    3,899 Global Posts
    PIN
    Private Message
    Quote Originally Posted by yustheman View Post
    well wish me luck, as i have tried the one recommended above mrunlock.com, to be honest i think they are going to say that they cannot do it and to try again in a few weeks. I just cannot believe the fiasco caused by the lumia 920 launch in the UK. Paid sim free price from phones4u and id expect it unlocked to all networks. I bought the phone before they started to mention it on the website and on twitter that it was locked. My own fault should of returned it when i had the chance but could not go through with it. Well heres to waiting...... LOL rant over for now ha.
    Any other ideas people????????????
    I emailed them today and they said they can unlock them for 20 which is amazing value. They are based in Birmingham and seem to respond to their customers quickly. I don't know how long they take to unlock a phone but please please keep us updated if they can unlock your 920!!!

Quote Originally Posted by strider2 View Post
    I Just Bought a Locked AT&T Phone.
    Also someone was saying that their phone is 46/2012 or 45/2012...What is this and how do we find it on the Phone?

Thanks.
    That's simply the production date, week/year. I think 43/2012 were the first out the door.

Quote Originally Posted by Andreas Lehner View Post
    Anyone tried Unlock Nokia Lumia 920 from AT&T Remotely by Code | CellUnlock.net ?

They seem to have a working unlock for the Lumia 920...
    I tried its a lie... At least it was a couple of weeks ago.. still waiting for a refund

morning people, i have great news for you, the following website have said that they can unlock lumia 920. Bad news is 54 inc vat.....UnlockFrog | Unlock your Mobile with the Genuine Unlock Code
    Ill just wait for the other one i tried before i go ahead with unlockfrog

Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by yustheman View Post
    morning people, i have great news for you, the following website have said that they can unlock lumia 920. Bad news is 54 inc vat.....UnlockFrog | Unlock your Mobile with the Genuine Unlock Code
    Ill just wait for the other one i tried before i go ahead with unlockfrog
    Thats a lot of money !!!
    I would rather drag on with my HTC Incredible for a couple of weeks and see if any site offers for a lesser price.
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast