Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Please people, when you reply to this thread, indicate also the location from which you purchased the phone. The batch number alone is not enough to guarantee the device is unlockable, as unlocking codes might be available for specific markets/providers only.

Global Posts
    195 Global Posts
    For those of you requesting unlock codes for EE handsets are you listing the carrier as EE or T Mobile / Orange? The PAYG SIM that came from mine is a orange one but works with a T Mo SIM?

Hey guys just wanted to say... MY ROGERS LUMIA 920 is finally unlocked!

fully working on T-MOBILE USA!

Noticed cellunlocker.net changed their price to 40 bucks up from 15. asked them why, they said they have a much more reliable database. so i bit the bullet, and in a few hours i had my unlock code!

Good luck to all

EDIT:

Here is a link to me unlocking the phone today.

Last edited by GameOver69; 12-16-2012 at 09:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Digital Moe View Post
    For those of you requesting unlock codes for EE handsets are you listing the carrier as EE or T Mobile / Orange? The PAYG SIM that came from mine is a orange one but works with a T Mo SIM?
    i used cellphoneunlock.net and selected orange as the network it was locked to. If you are using unlock frog you need to select EE.

Quote Originally Posted by GameOver69 View Post

Noticed cellunlocker.net changed their price to 40 bucks up from 15. asked them why, they said they have a much more reliable database. so i bit the bullet, and in a few hours i had my unlock code!

Good luck to all
    Congrats! maybe I should give CellUnlocker.net another go now.
    And yes I did notice the price bump to $40!!
    Desperate times.. lol

US att, fonefunshop, failed.

Quote Originally Posted by machina View Post
    Congrats! maybe I should give CellUnlocker.net another go now.
    And yes I did notice the price bump to $40!!
    Desperate times.. lol
    Yeah, give it another try. Well worth it.

Love the phone... too bad its a present for the wife.....

Was thinking of taking another trip to canada, but.... i think i will wait until the next lumia whenever that is to jump on the wp8 bandwagon.

Quote Originally Posted by Huime View Post
    US att, fonefunshop, failed.
    Probably because ATT hasn't and wont release the codes until the exclusivity ends.

Quote Originally Posted by GameOver69 View Post

Good luck to all

EDIT:

Here is a link to me unlocking the phone today.

Does the Roger's Lumia 920 support the 1700 band for T-mobile?

Global Posts
    101 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Asleeper2 View Post
    Does the Roger's Lumia 920 support the 1700 band for T-mobile?
    YES. I unlocked my Rogers 920 (45/2012) via cellunlocker and used my WIND card as the alien sim. Wind operates on the frequencies as does T-Mobile USA (AWS) and after entering the APN I was on Wind 3G (Wind has HSPA+ but it seems to be spotty here in Calgary; I got the Wind account so I could use my unlocked 710 and Wind's excellent US roaming package in the US, and once in a blue moon do I get "H" in the status bar). If it works on Wind, it'll work on T-Mo.

Global Posts
    321 Global Posts
    Was someone able to get the AT&T version of Lumia 920 Unlocked From CellUnlocker

The price for unlocking nokia lumia 920 went up . 10 dollars difference from Rogers

Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    Hi,
    I unlocked Nokia lumina 920 from rogers through this site Onlinegsmunlock.com.Here they asked the IMEI number of my mobile and delivered the code.You can also use this site to get code.

Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    Hey everyone, I finally successfully unlocked my Rogers 920. I had tried in the past but it never went through, so I thought I'd wait till the new year. I received an email the other day from cellunlocker.net
    Valued Cellunlocker.net Customer,

We just wanted to send you a quick E-mail to let you know, we now have a method available for unlocking the Rogers Lumia 920.

The method is a little more expensive than our normal rogers unlock codes, but we've had a very high success rate (98%) with this new source. Turnaround time is about 1 business day
    Yes the price is only $10 cheaper than going through Rogers, but its still cheaper and you don't have to wait on the phone for hours. Phone build is 45/2012

May i ask why would you buy Locked Lumia 920 and not unlocked if your gonna use it in other country or with other sim?
    I know that carriers sell it for cheap prices like 30$ monthly or something ? but with contract ... dunno , what the point here ? could any one explain?
    Thanks

Global Posts
    2,912 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by devil.insulted View Post
    Was someone able to get the AT&T version of Lumia 920 Unlocked From CellUnlocker
    No. Check back in 4 months.
    Quote Originally Posted by discopotato420 View Post
    Hey everyone, I finally successfully unlocked my Rogers 920. I had tried in the past but it never went through, so I thought I'd wait till the new year. I received an email the other day from cellunlocker.net

Yes the price is only $10 cheaper than going through Rogers, but its still cheaper and you don't have to wait on the phone for hours. Phone build is 45/2012
    I guess its different based on experiences, but my total time spent on the phone unlocking with Rogers did not exceed 30 minutes.

Global Posts
    236 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by discopotato420 View Post

Awesome. Sounds as though Cellunlocker is the route to go for unlocking Rogers Units. 98% sounds promising...even though it's up to $40 now. Here's hoping to more success stories for unlocking the Lumia 920 through a third party source. I'm waiting patiently to bite the bullet and buying a Rogers Unit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dinky89484 View Post
    Awesome. Sounds as though Cellunlocker is the route to go for unlocking Rogers Units. 98% sounds promising...even though it's up to $40 now. Here's hoping to more success stories for unlocking the Lumia 920 through a third party source. I'm waiting patiently to bite the bullet and buying a Rogers Unit.
    well, this is certainly promising for users outside of Canada who happen to have a Rogers L920. But if the difference is only $10 and you know it can be done 100% for sure, I would still tell a Canadian to go the Rogers route. Like I reported, if the wait is 4 hours, you must be asking the wrong questions. One call, get transferred to unlock dept, and do it while on the phone. I did it high traffic time after dinner and I was on the phone no more than 30 minutes.

Got my unlocked code working on my rogers nokia lumia 920. 46/12 - try this site How to unlock your Canadian cellphone Rogers, Fido, Telus, Bell, Virgin, Wind, Videotron, Mobilicity, Koodo, Sasktel, Chatr, , only 20 dollars.

Just got my Rogers Lumia 920 46/2012 unlocked by mobileincanada.com for $20!
    Excellent service, got the code in half a day.

Global Posts
    277 Global Posts
    Gameover, I'm glad you finally got your phone unlocked!

Quote Originally Posted by bradleyj View Post
    Gameover, I'm glad you finally got your phone unlocked!
    Yes finally :)

And thanks for your generosity in offering to help me, even though unlocking via rogers was never going to happen. Good to know there are still some very nice people left in this world. If i an ever help you with anything let me know.

Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    Would just like to say I have managed to unlock my Lumia 920 Orange PAYG for £30 without any issue via Unlock Nokia Lumia 800, 710, 900, 610, 510, 820, 920, 822, 810 by code

I selected it as Orange PAYG (as that's how I bought it). Unlocked within 8 days. Got 2 codes too :) ..Now working on Giff Gaff no issues at all :)
    Regards
    SpencerUk

Quote Originally Posted by flame l View Post
    Got my unlocked code working on my rogers nokia lumia 920. 46/12 - try this site How to unlock your Canadian cellphone Rogers, Fido, Telus, Bell, Virgin, Wind, Videotron, Mobilicity, Koodo, Sasktel, Chatr, , only 20 dollars.
    Whoa that's awesome buddy! I just ordered mine and hope I will get the code soon :)

Thanks for the heads up :)

.Eric
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 LastLast