Has Anyone Successfully Unlocked their Nokia Lumia 920 through 3rd Party Source?

nsp24

Jun 15, 2012
Visit site
i noticed on their website they claim to have the unlock codes for ATT and T-mobile networks in the USA. i thought it wasn't possible to unlock the ATT lumia phones at this time?

I would contact them first to see if they can do it, regarding mine they said they could defiantly get the code and that is why I went out and bought it.

Sponge920

Dec 24, 2012
Visit site
From T-Mobile. You just need to have been with them for 3 months, PAY&GO or pay monthly. So if you know someone with a T-Mobile sim go for it!

Same with Orange!

Sorry to be a dunce, but can you (or anyone else) explain how to do this?

I've just bought a 920 on EE (Orange) and would like to unlock the handset. My dad has been with Orange for a couple of years now; how do I use that fact to unlock my phone?

Edit: Sorry if this has been mentioned before (I haven't actually read the entire thread yet) but there's a company online (I won't mention it by name in case I'm accused of advertising) that claim to be able to unlock the 920 for ?8.99!

Last edited:

gortyargen

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I downloaded the file and extracted the contents. I ran the exe in a sandbox and it does indeed open up the unlock program as shown in the video. The problem is that the serial txt file gives links to 2 servers to download a new serial. These are the classic, take a survey or download a program (VLC or Realplayer) before it will give a serial. Tried that kinda thing a long time ago, got nowhere fast so not doing it this time. Looks legit apart from that, however, the old spidey sense is tingling... if it looks too good to be true, it probably is.

JaimitoFrog

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site

squire777

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
People need to be more careful about who they pay to have their phones unlocked and who they give their IMEI out too. A lot of these people claiming that they got their phone unlocked most likely are promoting the sites they work for. If they have only a few posts in their history then I would be a little wary.

chandramuralis

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
I do not think that web site is very good. It says "IMEI Number(s) can obtained by keying in *#06# from the dialpad or from the back of the phone." I tried keying #06# and I get code not supported on my Lumia 920 on AT&T and the back of the phone only shows the camera with camera info on it.

You should type *#06#, it seems you missed to dial [SUB]*[/SUB] in the front.

chandramuralis

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
As gortyargen says, they don't supply a serial number, you have to go to a dodgy website where they ask you for your mobile number and encourage you to send premium rate texts to claim your prize of an ipad or something.
This site is a scam.... they will ask you to complete some survey to download the serial number, which never works.

christopherbarran

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

astroboy100

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
JaimitoFrog, did you contact the site MobileInCanada.com about a refund? I know from my experience everything, including the unlocking, was automated and done well...sent to a master database and you could refresh it online to see if it was done figuring out the code yet. I was on Rogers in Canada. ...and squire777, I agree some of these site owners may be on here promoting their site, but its not too fair to say "If they have only a few posts in their history then I would be a little wary." because chances are most people who are getting their phone unlocked are just getting a Windows Phone for the first time and just joined this site (like myself).

prashantghabak

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
Again I ask has anyone come across anyone who has got it unlocked for AT&T. I mailed cellunlock.net and they claim they can unlock it. I want to know if anyone has tried it yet or has come across anyone who has been able to do so?

devil.insulted

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Again I ask has anyone come across anyone who has got it unlocked for AT&T. I mailed cellunlock.net and they claim they can unlock it. I want to know if anyone has tried it yet or has come across anyone who has been able to do so?

I am waiting for cell unlocker to either unlock it or refund my money, a week already.

Edit: Has anyone tried to contact Cell Unlock by Phone# 1-786-377-5225 and have sucessfully reached them.
I have tried it few times and not able to reach it just goes to voicemail.
Any ideas how to reach them.

prashantghabak

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
You have asked cellunlocker.net or cellunlock.net? From what I have heard the latter is the genuine one. I asked my query to cellunlock.net.

I am waiting for cell unlocker to either unlock it or refund my money, a week already.

Edit: Has anyone tried to contact Cell Unlock by Phone# 1-786-377-5225 and have sucessfully reached them.
I have tried it few times and not able to reach it just goes to voicemail.
Any ideas how to reach them.

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Devil Insulted: I am in the same boat as you. Let me know if you get a reply. I filed a dispute through Paypal already to get a refund. Its already January and in another 3 or 4 months AT&T themselves will unlock the phone. If these guys are not able to do it now, no point in paying them and waiting for them to do it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99