Has Anyone Successfully Unlocked their Nokia Lumia 920 through 3rd Party Source?

christopherbarran

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
mobileincanada.com $20 USD (rogers 48/2012), took roughly 6 hours to get my code.

are you in the us? did you buy your rogers 920 off their website? i went to their website to try to get one but seems you have to get a contract with it, even though you select month to month.
i don't know if i should just buy an ATT 920 and sit on it till it can be unlocked. from amazon wireless you can get a locked att 920 "replacement" phone for 450.

mapleleafs89

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
are you in the us? did you buy your rogers 920 off their website? i went to their website to try to get one but seems you have to get a contract with it, even though you select month to month.
i don't know if i should just buy an ATT 920 and sit on it till it can be unlocked. from amazon wireless you can get a locked att 920 "replacement" phone for 450.

Nope, in Canada. Purchased on kijiji new in box originally from the rogers store.

devil.insulted

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Devil Insulted: I am in the same boat as you. Let me know if you get a reply. I filed a dispute through Paypal already to get a refund. Its already January and in another 3 or 4 months AT&T themselves will unlock the phone. If these guys are not able to do it now, no point in paying them and waiting for them to do it.

As far as they can give me code within next 1 month i think its worth the price.

pieman666

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Just got 2 codes from FoneFunShop the first one failed but the second worked took 6 days very good considering its Christmas, phone working fine on Vodafone!
Same here, put my phones4u 920 down as from EE, took 6 days to find the unlock codes, two codes supplied first didn't work second did.

Does anyone else find it stressful typing in these codes, with the threat of only having 10 tries?

PhillipG

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
Heh guys. Here's my story.
Bought my phone from AT&T store in FL for $450.00. I don't live in the states. (Bahamas, twice the price here). Tried to get it unlocked throught some cell phone shops here, but always came n=back rejected. Called up AT&T customer service and they said my phone is available for unlock sometime between July & December. What a joke. Can anyone help??

Huime

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Incorrect, I had an EE branded L920, flashed it with unbranded CV_GB ROM, Voda sim now works in it.
you were lucky to get an unlock phone in the first place, nothing to do with which brand/ver you flash afterwards. The sim lock is not even in the wp system.

JoJoUK

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
I have a 920 which was originally EE firmware, flashed generic CV and still locked, waiting for Fun Fone Shop to send a code through (7 days and counting). Flashing a new ROM does not affect the lock/unlock SIM status.

masaga91

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
No luck with cellunlock, that site is a SCAM beware, I'm still waiting my money back :-S

Att sent me one code but it didn't work, and like 800 calls later they don't wanna sent me the other code, still trying tough

And I'm gonna try funfoneshop one of these days to see if I can finally get lucky :-]

JoJoUK

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
I think your right, when I emailed for an update during the week they said they were waiting for a batch to cone through. Perhaps they go to the carrier with a list? I can't figure out why else they would have to wait for batches.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon