Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree9Likes
  • 3 Post By LongLeggs
  • 1 Post By Reflexx
  • 1 Post By brmiller1976
  • 2 Post By Reflexx
  • 1 Post By brmiller1976
  • 1 Post By crystal_planet

Global Posts
    1,267 Global Posts
    "This item is currently unavailable. Due to tremendous demand we're currently out of stock of this item and are unsure when more will be available."

Doesn't say backordered anymore. I signed up to get an email from Amazon when the Yellow is available.

This is fun...NOT!!!

Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Blame it on Nokia! They were clearly not prepared for this demand.

Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    Is any company ever ready for demand? This happens at every Iphone launch. My sister waited 4 weeks for her IP 5 and she ordered it the day it went on pre-sale. Seems to me like people just aren't patient for devices that they will forget about in a years time.

Jessica

Global Posts
    488 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LongLeggs View Post
    Is any company ever ready for demand? This happens at every Iphone launch. My sister waited 4 weeks for her IP 5 and she ordered it the day it went on pre-sale. Seems to me like people just aren't patient for devices that they will forget about in a years time.

Jessica
    Apple should know better by now.

I went to a Microsoft store to looks at all the colors in person, and they didn't have a yellow one at all. I want to see one before I make a decision.

Nokia has to make devices for carriers all around the world, with many different specifications. They can't just stock up with millions and hope that the made the right amount for each carrier.

Carriers are the ones that order the phones from Nokia. They are the ones that tell Nokia how much initial stock they expect they need.

If carriers are wrong by a large amount (like with the cyan and yellow), we end up with a big backorder log because these phones aren't made at the snap of a finger.
    TMavC5 likes this.

Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    The thing is companies have to weigh the advantages and disadvantages in investing in more hardware manufacturers. Demand will always be high in release, and nokia could buy the facilities needed to cater to the public's demand in a timely manner. But in two months that enormous amount of demand won't be there, so they'd be losing money.

Now that all that is said and done, they did an awful job estimating demand for the device and should have invested in more manufacturers, because it seems that this phone will be more popular in the long run than what they thought.
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,535 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LongLeggs View Post
    Is any company ever ready for demand? This happens at every Iphone launch. My sister waited 4 weeks for her IP 5 and she ordered it the day it went on pre-sale. Seems to me like people just aren't patient for devices that they will forget about in a years time.Jessica
    The difference is Apple makes millions of phones for launch and can't keep up. Nokia might have made a million.

Global Posts
    2,578 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by inteller View Post
    The difference is Apple makes millions of phones for launch and can't keep up. Nokia might have made a million.
    You don't know that. I'd wait for sales numbers before making statements of how many were made.

(Incidentally, HTC had serious issues meeting demand too, especially with "multiple colors," which is a stocking and inventory nightmare. If you make "too many" of one color, people won't buy it. Make "too few" of another, and people still won't buy the color that you've got in stock.)
    Bundalings likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by brmiller1976 View Post
    You don't know that. I'd wait for sales numbers before making statements of how many were made.

(Incidentally, HTC had serious issues meeting demand too, especially with "multiple colors," which is a stocking and inventory nightmare. If you make "too many" of one color, people won't buy it. Make "too few" of another, and people still won't buy the color that you've got in stock.)
    If you keep making sense, you'll be labeled as an "apologist."

Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    seems to me that the yellow of all colors they may have thought werent going to sell alot. but also given all the choice colors and the chance to have a unique color phone, i can see why cyan and yellow are hard to come by especially yellow
    Banned

The whole wp8 launch was laughable!There should never be a comparison with a iphone 5 launch, which has people lined up by the millions, with a wp8 launch which only a few people even know it is being released!
    Developer

Global Posts
    236 Global Posts
    Ordered one on amazon and one on at&t...waiting to see which arrives first.

Don't forget to check your local AT&T stores. Yellow is still available in limited stock in my area. I only had to wait 4 days to get my from my local store.

Global Posts
    2,578 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Winning Guy View Post
    If you keep making sense, you'll be labeled as an "apologist."
    Someone the other day called me (ME!) a "Nokia fanboy." I was speechless. (For the first time ever). :D
    Reflexx likes this.

Global Posts
    2,578 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by phasar View Post
    The whole wp8 launch was laughable!There should never be a comparison with a iphone 5 launch, which has people lined up by the millions, with a wp8 launch which only a few people even know it is being released!
    Ahhh, someone from iOS land.

The Nokia launch is a disaster because they've sold out of all the phones they can manufacture... but still, also a disaster because nobody has heard of the Windows Phone handsets and nobody wants one, thus they're not selling any. Makes sense after enough RDF, I s'pose. ;)

Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    So you think by complaining, you will get earlier stocks? If it does, we'll good luck to you. If not, just shut it and wait for the phone to come. Or you can get an android/iOS. We don't need people like you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Someone the other day called me (ME!) a "Nokia fanboy." I was speechless. (For the first time ever). :D
    Bwahahahahaha!!!

Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    Got mine from Microsoft store. They had every color.

Quote Originally Posted by holyxiaoxin View Post
    So you think by complaining, you will get earlier stocks? If it does, we'll good luck to you. If not, just shut it and wait for the phone to come. Or you can get an android/iOS. We don't need people like you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Complaining online is therapeutic.

Complaining about the wrong thing is therapeutic also I guess.

Complaining to AT&T got me about $62 in discounts for my trouble. But then again, at least I complained to the ones really responsible for my order.

...and judging by the bolded part... you're still waiting too? Come on... let's hear you vent. You know you want to.
    Last edited by Winning Guy; 11-23-2012 at 03:59 PM.

Global Posts
    1,045 Global Posts
    The apocalypse is surely upon us...
    My next phone...
    brmiller1976 likes this.