Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 24 of 24
Like Tree52Likes
  • 2 Post By socialcarpet
  • 2 Post By Etyrnus
  • 7 Post By njblackberry
  • 10 Post By riffraffy
  • 1 Post By KoukiFC3S
  • 1 Post By Rayde_Effect
  • 1 Post By glenada
  • 1 Post By socialcarpet
  • 4 Post By ncxcstud
  • 4 Post By evilpinkeye
  • 3 Post By mikewp
  • 2 Post By pbankey
  • 1 Post By kcovert
  • 6 Post By Reflexx
  • 2 Post By Laura Knotek
  • 3 Post By Sinabu
  • 2 Post By Etyrnus
  1. socialcarpet's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    1,893 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,966 Global Posts
       #1  
    Guys, I just dropped my phone in the ocean and it sank to the bottom in about 6 feet of water where a stingray ingested it, passed it through it's digestive system and then pooped it out on a coral reef where it tumbled against the rocks for 30 minutes.

    When I took it out it wouldn't start up or work anymore!!!

    WTF! Why did Nokia ship such a buggy phone that wasn't ready???? I am tired of being a BETA tester!

    Should I do a hard reset or just send an angry email to Stephen Elop and demand a new phone?
  2. Etyrnus's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    379 Posts
    #2  
    O.O Did the stingray lift? How could it even swim while it had that brick in it?
    Arguing with an ***** is like playing chess with a pigeon.
    You could be the greatest player in the world, but the pigeon will still knock over all the pieces, s--t on the board and strut around triumphantly-Tomtom6 on NcSportbikes.com
    KoukiFC3S and willied like this.
  3. sudakoma's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    70 Posts
    #3  
    Ha ha, I see what you did there.
  4. njblackberry's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    83 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,069 Global Posts
    #4  
    You should probably take the battery out, put the phone in a bag of rice for 5 years and see what happens.
    Definitely complain to Nokia. Maybe they can get you a new stingray.
  5. riffraffy's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    268 Posts
    Global Posts
    269 Global Posts
    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by njblackberry View Post
    Definitely complain to Nokia. Maybe they can get you a new stingray.
    Kinda what I did. I had trouble getting my car's bluetooth to recognize the Lumia 920, so I called Nokia Customer Service. They are sending me a new car. I think they said Mercedes. Supposed to be here next week. I'll post pics...
    Thanked by:
    ammn 
  6. sudakoma's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    70 Posts
    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by riffraffy View Post
    Kinda what I did. I had trouble getting my car's bluetooth to recognize the Lumia 920, so I called Nokia Customer Service. They are sending me a new car. I think they said Mercedes. Supposed to be here next week. I'll post pics...
    Lol, thanks for the laugh, very funny!
  7. KoukiFC3S's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    554 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,698 Global Posts
    #7  
    volume down + power ;)
    Reflexx likes this.
  8. Rayde_Effect's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    5 Posts
    #8  
    My story's slightly different.
    I was benching about 450 for an hour. Afterwards I picked up my 920, my arms and hands were a little weak from benching, and it felt so heavy it slipped out of my grip. The phone's corner hit me dead center on my big toe. I felt like the thing broke my toe. I went to the emergency room and it turns out I had a hairline fracture on my big toe.

    I e-mailed Stephen Elop letting him know what happened, and that the phone should be lighter. I received a response from Nokia saying they will cover any of my hospital bills. I knew nokia had great customer service, but damn do they go above and beyond.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
  9. masterchief1984's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    199 Posts
    Global Posts
    200 Global Posts
    #9  
    These are serious issues, all owners of the 920 should all schedule a march on the Nokia Headquarters.
  10. glenada's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    27 Posts
    Global Posts
    813 Global Posts
    #10  
    Was the stingray able to connect to LTE?
    Too many phones, not enough callers
    Wyn6 likes this.
  11. socialcarpet's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    1,893 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,966 Global Posts
       #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by KoukiFC3S View Post
    volume down + power ;)
    Ah, excellent. This worked! Thank you.

    Go Nokia!
    Reflexx likes this.
  12. jfash007's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    10 Posts
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    #12  
    drop in in the ocean for it to sleep in the belly of a whale for 3 days
  13. ncxcstud's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,022 Posts
    #13  
    I don't believe you at all. If you did drop it in the ocean, we'd have heard about a tidal wave somewhere else by now. Pics or it didn't happen ;)
    Pastor of All Saints Lutheran Church in Mason, MI
    God's work, our hands.
    Preaching the Gospel.
    Holding a Windows Phone.

  14. evilpinkeye's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    7 Posts
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    #14  
    I was working on my car and while I was under, I took a pic of broken part at night (awesome cam btw). Well silly me, the phone slipped out my greasy hands and in a panic to catch it, I kicked out the car jack. As I watched in horror, my 920 tumbled under the wheel hub and stopped the car short of crushing me by around 10.7mm.
    After wiggling out, I called Nokia to complain about how slippery their damn phone is, but compended them on thier chosen shade of red and so was offered 90 days of road side assistance.
    Nokia FTW
  15. mikewp's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    100 Posts
    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by socialcarpet View Post
    Guys, I just dropped my phone in the ocean and it sank to the bottom in about 6 feet of water where a stingray ingested it, passed it through it's digestive system and then pooped it out on a coral reef where it tumbled against the rocks for 30 minutes.

    When I took it out it wouldn't start up or work anymore!!!

    WTF! Why did Nokia ship such a buggy phone that wasn't ready???? I am tired of being a BETA tester!

    Should I do a hard reset or just send an angry email to Stephen Elop and demand a new phone?
    Well... look on the bright side, at least the screen wasn't scratched.
  16. palfor03's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    37 Posts
    #16  
    Haha.
    Sent from my SGH-i677 using Board Express
  17. pbankey's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    94 Posts
    #17  
    Wow I am glad people are starting to bring up all of the horrible issues with the L920.

    Mine: Received it two days ago and everything worked fine. Went out of town for the holidays and then waited in line at Best Buy for black Friday. Phone was still working. When it hit midnight people starting rushing inside; I was trying to get to the front of the line and promptly threw my phone at the back of a guy's head to slow him down. Didn't work, so I picked it up and threw it at closer range. He got pissed and punted my phone.

    Long story short, my phone screen is now cracked and it doesn't work. What was Nokia thinking shipping such a flimsy phone? I am so tired of buying products that won't survive brute force deliberately kicked/thrown towards hard objects!
  18. Syed Sultan's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    5 Posts
    #18  
    stingray sure had a mighty big A.. Hole.
  19. Reflexx's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    4,273 Posts
    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayde_Effect View Post
    My story's slightly different.
    I was benching about 450 for an hour. Afterwards I picked up my 920, my arms and hands were a little weak from benching, and it felt so heavy it slipped out of my grip. The phone's corner hit me dead center on my big toe. I felt like the thing broke my toe. I went to the emergency room and it turns out I had a hairline fracture on my big toe.

    I e-mailed Stephen Elop letting him know what happened, and that the phone should be lighter. I received a response from Nokia saying they will cover any of my hospital bills. I knew nokia had great customer service, but damn do they go above and beyond.
    Unacceptable. Nokia should have bought you a new hospital.
  20. kcovert's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    52 Posts
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    #20  
    Interesting occurrences, I had one too!

    I was doing the funny chicken, in the middle of flapping my 920 popped out of my rear pocket right into the punch bowl. Now I have a PINK 920! How could Nokia have overlooked this, I’m emailing Elop.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
  21. Reflexx's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    4,273 Posts
    #21  
    The phone is seriously over-rated. It doesn't do the most basic tasks you expect from a phone.

    For example; I placed it next to a loaf of bread before going to bed last night. This morning, I checked up on it. Guess what? Bread NOT sliced. WTH Nokia? Lazy effing phone.
  22. Laura Knotek's Avatar

    Posts
    16,896 Posts
    Global Posts
    32,280 Global Posts
    PIN
    Email
    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by Winning Guy View Post
    The phone is seriously over-rated. It doesn't do the most basic tasks you expect from a phone.

    For example; I placed it next to a loaf of bread before going to bed last night. This morning, I checked up on it. Guess what? Bread NOT sliced. WTH Nokia? Lazy effing phone.
    Unacceptable! As hot as the device gets, the bread should have been toasted.
    socialcarpet and mikewp like this.
  23. Sinabu's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    226 Posts
    Global Posts
    267 Global Posts
    #23  
    My 920 Killed Chuck Norris :(
    Red Lumia 920
    Laura Knotek, mikewp and gbbg like this.
  24. Etyrnus's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    379 Posts
    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinabu View Post
    My 920 Killed Chuck Norris :(
    Improbable, Chuck Norris can't kill Chuck Norris, nor can he kill a 920. I dropped mine from a height of 18 inches....and it left a crater. Nokia owes me a new driveway
    Arguing with an ***** is like playing chess with a pigeon.
    You could be the greatest player in the world, but the pigeon will still knock over all the pieces, s--t on the board and strut around triumphantly-Tomtom6 on NcSportbikes.com

Similar Threads

  1. Lumia 920 screen problem
    By GreatSaski in forum Nokia Lumia 920
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-05-2013, 06:27 AM
  2. Problem with Gmail on my new Lumia 920
    By Roy Keren in forum Nokia Lumia 920
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 03-28-2013, 04:11 PM
  3. New Lumia 920 user - email problem
    By Steve Ridges in forum Windows Phone 8
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 12-02-2012, 08:06 AM
  4. Exchanged my Black on for a White Lumia 900: Problems!!!
    By cp2_4eva in forum Nokia Lumia 900
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-26-2012, 11:21 AM

Posting Permissions