Any one paired with Ford sync?

bleakhand

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
When its connected to bluetooth, the voice direction is no more for nokia drive. But I hope I can answer incoming calls by my car while in navigation, how to solve this?

Thanks.

lordofthereef

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
I want to make sure I understand what you are saying...

So you pair with sync and you no longer get voice directions with Nokia drive? I certainly do, so if that is what is happening with you, something is definitely amiss. I can take voice calls, and I even have my texts read to me as they come in. My only issue thus far has been seeing bluetooth music data on the sync screen. I would like to see artist and track names if possible.

Is your sync software up to date? If you don't know, log into synmyride.com and find out.

zaslek

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
I'll test this on my way to work.

My lumia 900 worked perfect with the MFT system in my focus.

Only thing I've noticed is that I need the music app launched when connecting or it freezes the phone &
Using the texts on the MFT system no longer works like it did with the 900 -- I used to get a popup with the text on the screen + contact photo and could send one of 10ish pre-determined responses.

EliteMikes

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
This is an issue with nokia drive and not sync. The old native maps with the directions would actually broadcast the audio to the BT connection. Nokia Drive does not. Their direction is to play your music on the phone and then you should have spoken directions through the bt audio channel. Hopefully with Nokia having access to the OS core they can fix this. It's annoying

I no longer get the text on the screen, which I'm actually happy about, that was annoying since it required clearing the text if it was spoken to me. My 800 did this, my HTC trophy did not.

Music shows artist and song. Although I had some issues where the bt audio channel wasn't showing as an available connection until I restarted my phone. That has happened before though.

boatsnbeaches

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
Ford sync is no longer works very well with the 920. For some reason audio defaults to privacy mode whenever a call is placed or recieved. I've also lost text capability with the 920. My 900 was flawless with my 2011 sync system. The 920 is seems a bit buggy at this time with regards to sync.

EliteMikes

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
Odd, mine is working just fine minus the one issue I posted above. Mine is also a 2011. I have the my ford touch, not sure if that matters. Sync maybe different??

Last edited:

kevinxb

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I have a 2012 Focus with MFT and no issues so far, though all I've used the phone for is to make calls in the car. I'll have to see how the texting and BT audio work. I never used maps on the phone in combination with BT, I have always used Sync driving directions and never had any issues.

tboggs13

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
I have mine paired with 2011 Ford Sync in my Fusion. It seems to be functioning just like it did with my HD7, including the occasional phone lockup. I mean hard lockup requiring a battery pull (hd7) or button combo press on the 920. To be fair, I've only had a few days to test.

I believe the lockup is related to the Exchange Pin Code on my mail. If I remember to unlock the phone before disconnecting Sync, I don't have a problem.

chrisech

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Just got a Focus ST today with MyFord Touch with Sync. Also have a Nokia 920. I can only sync about 50 contacts, that's it. Music doesn't sync. This is embarrassing for Microsoft.

mcassoni

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
works well with my 2010 Fusion. Fist phone I owned that can read texts and I can reply via voice command. I can change tracks using steering wheel controls. I wish track info was displayed

EliteMikes

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
Just got a Focus ST today with MyFord Touch with Sync. Also have a Nokia 920. I can only sync about 50 contacts, that's it. Music doesn't sync. This is embarrassing for Microsoft.

With wp8 allowing mtp now, I think this is more of an issue with sync than the phone not understanding the devices. Back in the day, I wanted to connect my phone via usb, but bluetooth is more convenient anyways, but it won't index.

mcassoni

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
I now notice in my wifes 2008 Taurus X, it doesn't play as nice as in the 2010 Fusion. There are software updates for the 2008 since I am on version 1.x. I have to see if that helps

lancguy

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
I got mine paired with my 2012 focus and it works. The address book is a bit of a pain. My brother is a JR, and it took me a while to get both my dad and brother to show up correctly on my phone. I tried updating my sync but it won't do it. I'm going to have to delete the connection and re-pair it and let it download again. I haven't really played with music or drive-by-voice instructions yet. And I never really used sync for text messages. Inbound and outbound calls work great though.

tboggs13

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
I got to use it last week didn't have any issues. I went out of my way to create scenarios that would have locked up my HD7 reliably. Maybe all is well now.

With a standard Bluetooth device, I can activate WP voice commands by pressing and holding the talk button. With Sync I can't. Sync gets in the way and prevents access to some of the advanced voice commands of WP like sending a text with voice.

Has anyone found a way to activate these WP features using the buttons on the steering wheel?

EliteMikes

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
Until Ford realizes they will fall behind with the announced Chevy Siri integration, I doubt we'll see this. The problem is exactly as you stated. Is the solution to maybe trigger BT commands if the button is held in vs a quick press? Not sure what is possible with the hardware/software configuration of the sync system. Frustrates me to no end, would be nice to have complete hands free texting, but we still must touch the phone to do so.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss