Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

When its connected to bluetooth, the voice direction is no more for nokia drive. But I hope I can answer incoming calls by my car while in navigation, how to solve this?

Thanks.
    I want to make sure I understand what you are saying...

So you pair with sync and you no longer get voice directions with Nokia drive? I certainly do, so if that is what is happening with you, something is definitely amiss. I can take voice calls, and I even have my texts read to me as they come in. My only issue thus far has been seeing bluetooth music data on the sync screen. I would like to see artist and track names if possible.

Is your sync software up to date? If you don't know, log into synmyride.com and find out.

Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    I'll test this on my way to work.

My lumia 900 worked perfect with the MFT system in my focus.

Only thing I've noticed is that I need the music app launched when connecting or it freezes the phone &
    Using the texts on the MFT system no longer works like it did with the 900 -- I used to get a popup with the text on the screen + contact photo and could send one of 10ish pre-determined responses.

This is an issue with nokia drive and not sync. The old native maps with the directions would actually broadcast the audio to the BT connection. Nokia Drive does not. Their direction is to play your music on the phone and then you should have spoken directions through the bt audio channel. Hopefully with Nokia having access to the OS core they can fix this. It's annoying

I no longer get the text on the screen, which I'm actually happy about, that was annoying since it required clearing the text if it was spoken to me. My 800 did this, my HTC trophy did not.

Music shows artist and song. Although I had some issues where the bt audio channel wasn't showing as an available connection until I restarted my phone. That has happened before though.

Ford sync is no longer works very well with the 920. For some reason audio defaults to privacy mode whenever a call is placed or recieved. I've also lost text capability with the 920. My 900 was flawless with my 2011 sync system. The 920 is seems a bit buggy at this time with regards to sync.

Odd, mine is working just fine minus the one issue I posted above. Mine is also a 2011. I have the my ford touch, not sure if that matters. Sync maybe different??
    Last edited by EliteMikes; 11-27-2012 at 07:17 AM.

I have a 2012 Focus with MFT and no issues so far, though all I've used the phone for is to make calls in the car. I'll have to see how the texting and BT audio work. I never used maps on the phone in combination with BT, I have always used Sync driving directions and never had any issues.

I have mine paired with 2011 Ford Sync in my Fusion. It seems to be functioning just like it did with my HD7, including the occasional phone lockup. I mean hard lockup requiring a battery pull (hd7) or button combo press on the 920. To be fair, I've only had a few days to test.

I believe the lockup is related to the Exchange Pin Code on my mail. If I remember to unlock the phone before disconnecting Sync, I don't have a problem.

My 920 reverts to privacy mode as well in my 2011 F-150. Very frustrating. Would this be a Ford Sync or Lumia 920 problem?

Just got a Focus ST today with MyFord Touch with Sync. Also have a Nokia 920. I can only sync about 50 contacts, that's it. Music doesn't sync. This is embarrassing for Microsoft.

The department that makes Sync seems to be in their own universe

works well with my 2010 Fusion. Fist phone I owned that can read texts and I can reply via voice command. I can change tracks using steering wheel controls. I wish track info was displayed

Quote Originally Posted by chrisech View Post
    Just got a Focus ST today with MyFord Touch with Sync. Also have a Nokia 920. I can only sync about 50 contacts, that's it. Music doesn't sync. This is embarrassing for Microsoft.
    With wp8 allowing mtp now, I think this is more of an issue with sync than the phone not understanding the devices. Back in the day, I wanted to connect my phone via usb, but bluetooth is more convenient anyways, but it won't index.

Quote Originally Posted by mcassoni View Post
    works well with my 2010 Fusion. Fist phone I owned that can read texts and I can reply via voice command. I can change tracks using steering wheel controls. I wish track info was displayed
    Track info displays on the main display on the edge MFT

I now notice in my wifes 2008 Taurus X, it doesn't play as nice as in the 2010 Fusion. There are software updates for the 2008 since I am on version 1.x. I have to see if that helps

OT but I really want a Focus ST

I got mine paired with my 2012 focus and it works. The address book is a bit of a pain. My brother is a JR, and it took me a while to get both my dad and brother to show up correctly on my phone. I tried updating my sync but it won't do it. I'm going to have to delete the connection and re-pair it and let it download again. I haven't really played with music or drive-by-voice instructions yet. And I never really used sync for text messages. Inbound and outbound calls work great though.

Global Posts
    1,983 Global Posts
    2009 Ford Focus SES sync'd no problem.
    Make with the WP purchase already one time why dontcha for pete's sake. Honestly.....

I got to use it last week didn't have any issues. I went out of my way to create scenarios that would have locked up my HD7 reliably. Maybe all is well now.

With a standard Bluetooth device, I can activate WP voice commands by pressing and holding the talk button. With Sync I can't. Sync gets in the way and prevents access to some of the advanced voice commands of WP like sending a text with voice.

Has anyone found a way to activate these WP features using the buttons on the steering wheel?

Until Ford realizes they will fall behind with the announced Chevy Siri integration, I doubt we'll see this. The problem is exactly as you stated. Is the solution to maybe trigger BT commands if the button is held in vs a quick press? Not sure what is possible with the hardware/software configuration of the sync system. Frustrates me to no end, would be nice to have complete hands free texting, but we still must touch the phone to do so.

Will test my 920 with a new focus ST tomorrow..

I have a jeep wrangler, I used to be able to get txt through their system with the 900, now the 920 says that is not an option did they change the Bluetooth profile?

Global Posts
    270 Global Posts
    My girlfriend is having an issue... straight forward... when HER 920 calls MY 920 via SYNC, it enters PRIVACY MODE. It never did this on her 2010 Fusion... and it doesn't enter Privacy Mode when she calls anyone else. Only from 920 to 920. Any thoughts?
    Cingular (2001-2003) - Nokia 5190 > Nokia 3360
    Nextel (2003-2007) - i1000+ > i90c > i720 > i830 > i275 > i860 > i870
    AT&T (2007 to Present) - Treo 680 > iPhone 8GB > iPhone 3G 16GB > Moto Q9h Global >
    iPhone 3G 16GB > iPhone 3GS 16GB > HTC Inspire 4G > Samsung Focus > HTC HD7S >
    Nokia Lumia 900 > Nokia Lumia 920 > Nokia Lumia 1520

Lately many times when I connect my 920 with my 2010 ford sync, the phone ends up locking up and I have to soft reset the phone before anything works again. This problem seems to be much worse recently than it was when I got the phone on Nov. 11th. I also have the privacy issue when making a call using voice dialing in my car. I can typically receive calls / texts as long as the phone hasn't locked up when first connecting the bluetooth.
    Guys who are having the privacy issue, make sure your ford sync software is updated to the latest release. My feeling is that people don't update this sort of thing... ever. It's sort of a PITA, but I have had no issues since update. SYNC Owner | Welcome to Manage SYNC will have the details.

I will say that I don't get artists and track information over bluetooth, but I never have with any device (this includes iPhone, GNex, and now the 920). That is one thing I really wish I had. :(
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast