Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1.    #1  
    So my wife and I both got the 920 on launch day. Yesterday we started noticing text messages we were receiving were coming in twice, three times and even up to five times (from multiple people) then this morning we were told that messages we were sending were also going out multiple times.

I called AT&T this morning and the rep hadn't heard of any issues and right as she finished saying "sounds like an issue with the device..." sure enough, the called dropped. My Lumia wasn't going to take any blame from her it would seem.

Now, I'm logical enough to know that this happening on two devices at the same time yesterday afternoon and persisting through today is not likely to be "the device" but I wanted to see if anyone else was seeing this behavior?

I'm definitely experiencing this too. My girlfriend just got a 920 and I notice it even more.

Global Posts
    244 Global Posts
    Happened occasionally with the wife and my iPhones...really think it is an intermittent carrier issue not a hardware issue.
  4.    #4  
    Thought I'd bump to see if anyone else is seeing this? Still happening to us.

i have noticed it on my new 920 which i've had since last week. but i also noticed it recently on my iphone prior to last week, which leads me to believe it is indeed a carrier issue,

Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    Happens to me every so often.

I've been having this problem and it's happening all the time. I have had multiple people say i'm sending duplicate texts, this did not happen before my lumia 920 or not enough for anyone to comment on.

Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Happens all the time...never happened on my iPhones. Don't know that I care that much, but it is a recurring issue for sure.

Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    I have had the same problem with my HTC 8x on verizon. This is my 2nd phone though. The first one I didnt have this problem though i did have a problem with it not being able to swim :) So I got my replacement and i started getting duplicates. I reset the phone and it is still doing it. Not sure what it is and I honestly don't feel like messing with it anymore. I have not talked to Verizon yet since I'm sure they will just tell me to reset it.

I've had that problem with my iPhone before and yesterday my friend told me that I'm send duplicate messages too on my Lumia 920 I'm with Rogers in Canada. Also one of my other friends on an android phone with a different company always send duplicate messages so it's not really something related to our Windows Phones

Try turning off the "Keep W-Fi on when the screen times out" setting in your WiFi advanced settings. This fixed it for me.

Global Posts
    629 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich Bell View Post
    Try turning off the "Keep W-Fi on when the screen times out" setting in your WiFi advanced settings. This fixed it for me.
    That's really odd.

I have an HTC 8x and I am having this problem too. I got the phone last week. A couple of my friends have told me that lately they have received duplicates of texts, sometimes even four copies.

Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Lumia 822 - same issue here
    If you are having this issue. I assume that both are using the same live account that you registered on the Phone.
    Sent from my Windows 8 device using Board Express Pro

Global Posts
    1,695 Global Posts
    Oh wow. I have noticed it to but wrote it off as the person sending me the text. I only get the duplicates from the iPhone users that text me, so, I thought it was on their end. I guess not. Verizon HTC 8X.

I also get duplicate and triplicate messages on my phone and sent from my phone. Several people have commented on it. This is my first smartphone and I would love to know if this is normal for smartphones or if this is a product of the Windows OS, the Lumia 822, or the Verizon network.
    This is not a normal thing, are you sharing an xbox/windows live account with windowsphone user?

I am constantly receiving duplicate messages on my Lumia 822 on verizon. It seems to be getting worse. And the messages are from various people, so it's not their problem. Rather irritating....

I keep on receiving duplicate and triplicate messages as well from my girlfriend's iPhone 5C, her friend's 5S, but not from my co-worker's 5S, my mom's 4S, or my friend's Lumia 521 all on Verizon's network except for the L521 of course.

I have the Lumia 928.