Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Etyrnus

Global Posts
    278 Global Posts
    I have the 920. There have been a few times that I have received text messages that state "Get media content now." When I click on the message I hear a noise. However, I cannot retrieve the media content. Does anyone know how I can retrieve this content?

This has happened to me as well but on my Samsung focus s. Usually means the picture was corrupted or didn't send right. Ask the person to send it again

Global Posts
    278 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tarzanmarzan View Post
    This has happened to me as well but on my Samsung focus s. Usually means the picture was corrupted or didn't send right. Ask the person to send it again
    Thanks for your response. There have been 4 different times that 2 different people have sent text messages with media content. I have not been able to open any of them. It would seem strange that the media content was corrupted all 4 times.

Global Posts
    32,239 Global Posts
    PIN
    Email
    What file format are they sending?

Global Posts
    278 Global Posts
    I am not sure. 2 of the messages just have a hyperlink that states: "Get media content now (1KB)"

Do you have your cellular data turned off and running on WiFi only? I've found that if a pic is sent while on WiFi only it does exactly what you're describing.
    Arguing with an ***** is like playing chess with a pigeon.
    You could be the greatest player in the world, but the pigeon will still knock over all the pieces, s--t on the board and strut around triumphantly-Tomtom6 on NcSportbikes.com
    Thanked by:
    Davey123 likes this.

Global Posts
    278 Global Posts
    That did it. I knew that someone on here would have the solution. Apparently all of the "media content" related texts were text messages that were sent to multiple people at one time. I typically only use my wifi. However, with those particular text messages I needed to turn on my cellular plan. Again, thanks for your response.

Not a problem, I had it happen when my brother texted me a couple pics one time. Glad it helped.
    Arguing with an ***** is like playing chess with a pigeon.
    You could be the greatest player in the world, but the pigeon will still knock over all the pieces, s--t on the board and strut around triumphantly-Tomtom6 on NcSportbikes.com

I'm getting the "Get Media Content Now" message but am unable to download. I'm on AT&T and haven't been able to locate the app mentioned in the above comments. Anybody have any suggestions? Thank you.