Bought a pre-pay Lumia 920 from EE and told you weren't entitled to a free charger?

Owen Stevens

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
EE Stores around the country seem a bit hit and miss when it comes to explaining what Lumia 8/920 customers are entitled to.

I know there are others who share my experience, of being told conflicting things regarding the free Nokia wireless charger offer.

I was told by 5 EE stores that the free wireless charger offer is for contract phones only.
a fact that, while I knew wasn't true (due to hearing other people's success stories) I couldn't prove.

Until I popped in to the Cheapside EE store near my office in London, I spoke to an incredibly friendly and knowledgeable sales person, who explained to me that the offer was open to all Lumia 820 and 920 handsets that were sold with a 'connection' and didn't specify anywhere contract only.

He said he'd be happy to give me one if he had any stock. - I explained the trouble we are all having getting a single answer out of any one store and he told me about the internal memo that went out explaining the deal.
I asked him if he would print me a copy.
Incredibly, He obliged.

Below is the memo sent to EE stores from head office;
The key paragraph is at the bottom of the page:
"To help you drive sales we will also be giving away a free Nokia Wireless Charging Plate with every connection to one of these handsets.".....
"In order to process the free accessory, just scan the handset and accessory as part of the same transaction. The ?39.99 discount will then be automatically applied."

Needless to say, I walked in to another store around the corner, explained the situation, showed my original reciept, and this memo, they took note of my details, then I walked out with my wireless charger.
I hope this helps some of you guys get your free chargers too.

920internalmemo.jpg

Lemmiwinkles

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
That's weird. I had no issue at all: when I asked to buy one PAYG the girl came through with the free charger and headphones. I didn't even know I was entitled to a free one there and then so I was delighted. I was also a bit cheeky and redeemed the code that came with the 920 I ended up returning to P4U, so I'll have two soon along with another my girlfriend will get for her 820 :p

Brent920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for posting Owen!! :)

If you buy from an EE store on t-mobile you get one, if you buy online or direct from t-mobile, you don't. That's fair. :eck:

Guess I need to forward this letter to t-mobile and ask them nicely for a charger.

Boggy79

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
So here's a question. This is billed as until stocks last. What about about those like myself who ordered on the 30th but had to wait until the 21st to finally get hold of our phones? Nobody on the phone at EE seems to be aware of the offer.

anon(5352752)

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I simply walked into the EE store in Meadowhall (the old T-Mobile) shop and got the Lumia 920 pointed to the advert, got the wireless charger out and also asked what colour headphones I wanted :p.

The headphones are because you paid over ?50 for a PAYG headset..I'll put a screenshot of my receipt up tonight if it will help anyone :)

peter1111

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for your post, Owen. I asked about the free charger when I bought my phone in an EE store in mid November (upgrading from Orange to EE), and was told there was no free charger offer. I know someone who was given one a few weeks ago, and now I've also seen your story I feel pretty hard done by. I'll be taking that memo into the store with me to see if they feel like being nice and giving me the wireless charger!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa