Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

Hi All

Just moved over from Android. Enjoying my new Lumia 920. I was just wondering if anyone knows of an app that can back up text messages to an email account, preferably gmail. I have had a search through and cannot find anything. I know the phone backs up messages but from what I can see that is only for the purposes of a restore.

Cheers, Mike

Bump... :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by MF73 View Post
    Hi All

Just moved over from Android. Enjoying my new Lumia 920. I was just wondering if anyone knows of an app that can back up text messages to an email account, preferably gmail. I have had a search through and cannot find anything. I know the phone backs up messages but from what I can see that is only for the purposes of a restore.

Cheers, Mike
    WP stores your texts in the cloud, so...

For any separate backing up of SMS messages, which I believe you're looking for, isn't available without either unlocking your device or loading a custom rom. I can't say at what state of development those last bits are at though for WP8.

I'm moving from iphone 4S to nokia lumia 920, is there any possibility for me to restore sms with the nokia? any cloud service? I know about this G Cloud on android, is there anything similar on the app store and wp8?

SMS are automatically backed up to Skydrive if you turn it on:

sms in the iphone are automatically backed up to skydrive? :/
    Quote Originally Posted by teo155 View Post
    I'm moving from iphone 4S to nokia lumia 920, is there any possibility for me to restore sms with the nokia? any cloud service? I know about this G Cloud on android, is there anything similar on the app store and wp8?
    This has been asked a lot. As of right now, I am 99% sure there is NOT a way to do this. :(

Its to restore your phone but I don't know if its visible in SkyDrive ?
    Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

so the messages are stored in skydrive, but not visible?

in my hotmail/outlook web view, I have a folder called "Messaging History," which I did not create. I know this will store IMs through Windows Messenger, but I always get a new message "notification" when I've received a text message. The problem is that this folder, once I click on it, never shows any texts.

Seems dumb to me that we can't view the text history through skydrive/outlook.