Back, Home, Search Keys always backlit?

All5horizons

Sep 4, 2007
Visit site
Are the Back, Home, Search Keys supposed to always be backlit on the 920 when the screen is on or should they turn off after a while? On my DVP they would shut off after a few seconds even in the dark. On my 920 they seem to be on all the time unless I'm in very bright direct sun light. Just trying to figure out if this is normal behavior.

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I think it's normal for the 920, same here. I do hope they fix that though, because it's super annoying at night.

EDDS

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
They should be on while your using the phone, what's the point in having backlit buttons if they only turn on after you've hit one of them.

theprawn

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
To the OP: Yes it's normal for this phone.

On the Lumia 900 they used to shut off shortly after the screen came on making them very hard to use at night. This is better, to me.

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
To me it would make more sense if they would turn off after say 5 seconds of inactivity. If you hit anything (tap screen, hit vol up/down) they could come back on. The reason being that if you're in a dark room trying to watch a movie or read a kindle book (black page, gray text), those bright buttons a really distracting.

All5horizons

Sep 4, 2007
Visit site
Thanks to everyone for the responses. Just got off a chat w/ Nokia Care. For what its worth, according to them normal behavior of the phone is for the back lighting of the buttons to time out after a few seconds. I also got a similar response (that they should shut off) on the Nokia Community Boards. I'd love to here from more people on this. I'm wondering if this is contributing to my less than stellar battery life.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro