Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    Banned

Global Posts
    727 Global Posts
    So here's the thing. I REALLY want this phone. But WTH is up with the price? I checked Germany, the cheapest factory unlocked version in any colour other than black is starting at 600 Euros, I checked ebay and it's north of $800. What exactly is Nokia trying to accomplish with this price? This is even more expensive than an iPhone 5

Quote Originally Posted by ammarmalik2011 View Post
    So here's the thing. I REALLY want this phone. But WTH is up with the price? I checked Germany, the cheapest factory unlocked version in any colour other than black is starting at 600 Euros, I checked ebay and it's north of $800. What exactly is Nokia trying to accomplish with this price? This is even more expensive than an iPhone 5
    iPhone 5 with 32GB costs 790,- Euros in Austria ans Germany
    Sent from my RM-821_eu_euro2_248 using Board Express
    Banned

Global Posts
    727 Global Posts
    You can find iPhone 5 cheaper in many other places. And when it will be officially launched in factory unlocked variants you can get it for $600 from USA. My point is why is Lumia 920 so expensive? Especially when 8X can be had for a good deal cheaper

You can find iPhone 5 cheaper in many other places. And when it will be officially launched in factory unlocked variants you can get it for $600 from USA. My point is why is Lumia 920 so expensive? Especially when 8X can be had for a good deal cheaper
    I seriously do not think the 8X should be compared against the Lumia 920. The 920 is way more of a premium device.
    Banned

Global Posts
    727 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by abhishek8605 View Post
    I seriously do not think the 8X should be compared against the Lumia 920. The 920 is way more of a premium device.
    It's a perception that 920 is more premium. Both HTC and Lumia 920 have positioned it as their best WP8 offering. 8X is more expensive on contract in USA. But I seriously do not think under any circumstances should the Lumia 920 cost 600 Euros. That's insanely high. You can find Galaxy Note II for same or cheaper price.
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,535 Global Posts
    Because the gn2 is a pos so of course it is cheaper

I bought my 920 in Asia unlocked and it cost around $699 with taxes. The iPhone 16gb here is a little over $800 with taxes. Seems fair to me.
    Banned

Global Posts
    727 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by inteller View Post
    Because the gn2 is a pos so of course it is cheaper
    whatever dude
    Banned

Global Posts
    727 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by abhishek8605 View Post
    I bought my 920 in Asia unlocked and it cost around $699 with taxes. The iPhone 16gb here is a little over $800 with taxes. Seems fair to me.
    US $? 699 is a great price then. Where did you get it from?

US $? 699 is a great price then. Where did you get it from?
    Thailand.
  11. DFB

(May be a) dumb question: since Nokia Romania hasn't announced anything related to the 920 and I'm about to take a trip to Italy in about a month, will I be able to just walk into a Nokia Store and buy one (obviously unlocked)? More-so, do unlocked devices bought from carrier stores work in other countries trouble-free? I want to be on the safe side since once I return home, any type of warranty/customer service will be out of question (probably).

Quote Originally Posted by DFB View Post
    (May be a) dumb question: since Nokia Romania hasn't announced anything related to the 920 and I'm about to take a trip to Italy in about a month, will I be able to just walk into a Nokia Store and buy one (obviously unlocked)? More-so, do unlocked devices bought from carrier stores work in other countries trouble-free? I want to be on the safe side since once I return home, any type of warranty/customer service will be out of question (probably).
    When I asked them about warranty they said it's only valid in Thailand. Also, the box had Thai manuals, this is really annoying, there are non Thai people living in Thailand, I don't know what would make Nokia think the opposite. Also, Nokia's Thailand website is all in Thai.

Other than that, the phone itself seems to have no modifications country/language wise, so fully unlocked. If you get an unlocked one I think you should be okay.
    Thanked by:
    DFB 
  13. DFB

Thanks for the info, just to put it out there: if anyone bought one from a different part of the world than the one in which one resides, do post about your experience :)
    Banned

Global Posts
    727 Global Posts
    An unlocked phone bought from 1 country being used in another country. Will it still receive OTA updates?

Found a site that sells it for $330, too good to be true?

The Shopping Cart :

Anyone knows those guys? Are they legit?
    Banned

Global Posts
    727 Global Posts
    I don't know WTH kind of launch is this. I have seen more people complain about not getting the phone rather than seeing the ones enjoying it. Germany out of stock, and the one that is are insanely overpriced. UAE out of stock. Australia on pre-order at a mind numbing price of $850. I can understand why an iPhone 5 would be short in supply but what is the deal with this phone??

Global Posts
    603 Global Posts
    Lets put it this way... If my employment wasn't dependant on supporting all of our mobile users, I would not of bought any wp8 phone. If it weren't for att USA unlocked pricing, there would be no redeeming grace whatsoever out of this launch, and the sizeable wait between launch and actual availability. I feel Microsoft, Nokia, and HTC are acting like it is business as usual. Apple is still better in this regard, IMO.