Factory unlocked Lumia 920 price

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
So here's the thing. I REALLY want this phone. But WTH is up with the price? I checked Germany, the cheapest factory unlocked version in any colour other than black is starting at 600 Euros, I checked ebay and it's north of $800. What exactly is Nokia trying to accomplish with this price? This is even more expensive than an iPhone 5

arni99

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
AW: Factory unlocked Lumia 920 price

So here's the thing. I REALLY want this phone. But WTH is up with the price? I checked Germany, the cheapest factory unlocked version in any colour other than black is starting at 600 Euros, I checked ebay and it's north of $800. What exactly is Nokia trying to accomplish with this price? This is even more expensive than an iPhone 5
iPhone 5 with 32GB costs 790,- Euros in Austria ans Germany
Sent from my RM-821_eu_euro2_248 using Board Express

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
You can find iPhone 5 cheaper in many other places. And when it will be officially launched in factory unlocked variants you can get it for $600 from USA. My point is why is Lumia 920 so expensive? Especially when 8X can be had for a good deal cheaper

abhishek8605

Aug 16, 2012
Visit site
You can find iPhone 5 cheaper in many other places. And when it will be officially launched in factory unlocked variants you can get it for $600 from USA. My point is why is Lumia 920 so expensive? Especially when 8X can be had for a good deal cheaper

I seriously do not think the 8X should be compared against the Lumia 920. The 920 is way more of a premium device.

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
I seriously do not think the 8X should be compared against the Lumia 920. The 920 is way more of a premium device.
It's a perception that 920 is more premium. Both HTC and Lumia 920 have positioned it as their best WP8 offering. 8X is more expensive on contract in USA. But I seriously do not think under any circumstances should the Lumia 920 cost 600 Euros. That's insanely high. You can find Galaxy Note II for same or cheaper price.

abhishek8605

Aug 16, 2012
Visit site
I bought my 920 in Asia unlocked and it cost around $699 with taxes. The iPhone 16gb here is a little over $800 with taxes. Seems fair to me.

DFB

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
(May be a) dumb question: since Nokia Romania hasn't announced anything related to the 920 and I'm about to take a trip to Italy in about a month, will I be able to just walk into a Nokia Store and buy one (obviously unlocked)? More-so, do unlocked devices bought from carrier stores work in other countries trouble-free? I want to be on the safe side since once I return home, any type of warranty/customer service will be out of question (probably).

abhishek8605

Aug 16, 2012
Visit site
(May be a) dumb question: since Nokia Romania hasn't announced anything related to the 920 and I'm about to take a trip to Italy in about a month, will I be able to just walk into a Nokia Store and buy one (obviously unlocked)? More-so, do unlocked devices bought from carrier stores work in other countries trouble-free? I want to be on the safe side since once I return home, any type of warranty/customer service will be out of question (probably).

When I asked them about warranty they said it's only valid in Thailand. Also, the box had Thai manuals, this is really annoying, there are non Thai people living in Thailand, I don't know what would make Nokia think the opposite. Also, Nokia's Thailand website is all in Thai.

Other than that, the phone itself seems to have no modifications country/language wise, so fully unlocked. If you get an unlocked one I think you should be okay.

DFB

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the info, just to put it out there: if anyone bought one from a different part of the world than the one in which one resides, do post about your experience :)

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
I don't know WTH kind of launch is this. I have seen more people complain about not getting the phone rather than seeing the ones enjoying it. Germany out of stock, and the one that is are insanely overpriced. UAE out of stock. Australia on pre-order at a mind numbing price of $850. I can understand why an iPhone 5 would be short in supply but what is the deal with this phone??

jeremyshaw

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
Lets put it this way... If my employment wasn't dependant on supporting all of our mobile users, I would not of bought any wp8 phone. If it weren't for att USA unlocked pricing, there would be no redeeming grace whatsoever out of this launch, and the sizeable wait between launch and actual availability. I feel Microsoft, Nokia, and HTC are acting like it is business as usual. Apple is still better in this regard, IMO.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes