Require Password after a certain time not working?

AkiraNakayama

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
Hello all. Got my 920 not too long ago and I'm LOVING it. I upgraded from the 800 and it's awesome to basically have that thing blown up and supercharged. Luckily, I'm one of the fortunate ones to not be plagued by some of the more annoying bugs. My phone has only spontaneously reset once; I don't have poor battery life; it hasn't bricked itself (yet). I do wish they would fix the soft jpeg processing for daylight photos and how the video mode of the camera will constantly be adjusting the white balance. Minor quibbles.

And another minor issue I thought I'd ask everyone about. I keep my phone on password lockdown, but find that sometimes I just want to check something really quick without having to enter in a PIN password. Luckily, most phones have a standard time feature wherein you can set a time interval from unlock to password entry. Unfortunately, my phone (and oddly enough, even my old iPhone 4S) won't do this correctly. I tried setting it to ask for the password after 30 seconds, but it never does. Kinda useless, right?!

Has anyone else gotten this to work properly?

Etyrnus

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
I have mine set to require my password after 5 min, and it works. Keep in mind its 30 seconds or 5 min after the screen goes off. Maybe its just the 30 second interval?

AkiraNakayama

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
After the screen goes off? What do you mean?

I am under the impression it works like this: I unlock my phone, I poke around on it, check my text messages, blah blah, and 30 seconds into this, the phone hits me with the password screen, barring me from further using the phone until I enter the proper password. Right? Because that's not working for me.

I just tried setting it to 1min and it still doesn't work. What the eff?

Hypetrak

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
He means that when your screen goes lock, it begins the 30 sec countdown. However if you unlock it within the 30 seconds, it will reset it to another 30 seconds and so on.

Etyrnus

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
The way it works it you unlock your phone, check your texts, email, whatever have you. In my case, 5 minutes after I put it down and its gone into standby it will ask for my password again. If I pick it up before then, I just swipe up after hitting the power button, no password needed. There's no way to lock it in the middle of use.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99