11-25-2012, 03:48 AM #1
- 77 Posts
Has anyone tried exchanging a Lumia 920 developer build for another developer build directly from Nokia? I'm not sure where or who to contact. Any ideas?
The 920 that I got has three issues:
- The front of the glass at the top is slightly separated from the body. Applying pressure at the phone speaker and back causes a creaking sound and physical movement of glass.
- There is a speck of dust about 1/2 inch south of the front-facing camera. My concerns is that more dust will get underneath the screen as the separation gap might get larger.
- The vibration rattles much more than any phone I have used so far.
11-26-2012, 07:33 PM #4
- 299 Posts
@Wellington580 - your phone bricked?
This doesn't necessarily apply to you guys, but there are two one-star reviews on Amazon *****ing about the 920 from people that got the phone for free from BUILD.
I sound like a Nokia shill, but leaving a one-star review for a phone that is critical to their success is a little ... well ... malicious. Anyway .. just wanted to say my piece.
11-26-2012, 07:40 PM #5
- 4 Posts
Same story here. Mine battery last only 4 hours. Even after a factory reset :(
I tried to contact Nokia here in Austria and also Nokia Expert Exchange. Still waiting for a reply.
Nokia Support page tells me I have no warranty (based on my IMEI). Let's see.
11-26-2012, 08:45 PM #6
- 77 Posts
I emailed Nokia USA for tech support on Saturday describing my issues. I haven't heard anything yet although it has been only 1 business day. I am also getting poor battery. I left my phone on over night at 100% battery and intentionally decided not to charge. I woke up and it was still at 100%. But the moment I put a little use to it, the battery just drops pretty quickly.
The info below may look impressive, but I didn't use it much at all.
My current battery info:
Estimated time remaining 3 hours
Time since last charge 17 hours
11-26-2012, 09:33 PM #7
- 299 Posts
That's so strange. I wonder what is causing that. My gf's is lasting a ridiculously long time. Here is what she has:
* Gmail syncing contacts only - set to once an hour
* Yahoo mail set to sync every 15 minutes (for some reason that's the most you can sync yahoo
* Microsoft account with skydrive
* Tap to share is Turned OFF
* Nokia Drive has never been run or opened, and we didn't install the beta
* Brightness at default
* Location on for a few apps
* Nokia music synced offline and used a lot
* Straighttalk sim (yes, MMS works)
* Words with friends is loaded, allrecipes, whatsapp and about 5 other apps.
* Facebook, Facebook touch, Battery meter installed. Using Facebook lock screen and notifications for battery meter on the lock screen too.
She closes everything when she's done with it. It actually lasted Saturday and Sunday with one charge, took about 5 photos in that time.
Honestly, it lasts a LOT longer than I would have expected ... so there must be something going on here. It doesn't really makes sense that it's hardware, I think the returned devices are a placebo effect, because the new device is set back to factory.
Hope this helps ... at least it may tell you what it isn't :)
- By Andy_McG84 in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 3Last Post: 11-27-2012, 11:36 AM
- By Heatnup in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 0Last Post: 11-16-2012, 12:44 PM
- By evrdazed in forum Windows Phone 8Replies: 22Last Post: 11-13-2012, 06:37 PM
- By aubreyq in forum Windows Phone 8Replies: 6Last Post: 11-06-2012, 11:31 AM
- By Randomthom in forum Windows Phone 8Replies: 0Last Post: 11-01-2012, 07:18 AM