Video files stored on skydrive - how to view them

goixiz

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
I have uploaded MP4 and WMV videos into skydrive via PC (files are both viewable on PC). I am able to locate and identify them on the skydrive from Lumia920 but unable to play the video files.

Is there an app or something i can do to view these saved files? Is it the format or WP8 not able to do so

Paul May

Lumia 950 & Surface Pro Champion
Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
The only way I could get my videos to play was to tap and hold the video. Click share and copy the link to clipboard. Then email myself the link. Then it allows me to click the link and play it. SkyDrive app used to work with these same videos.

alogde#WP

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
The only way I could get my videos to play was to tap and hold the video. Click share and copy the link to clipboard. Then email myself the link. Then it allows me to click the link and play it. SkyDrive app used to work with these same videos.

i tried it and it says that it wont open on the phone, i tried it before as well this way

somethingwicked

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Try this:

Go to skydrive.com. Find the folder that you're storing the video files in, right click on it and select Properties. On the right hand side under Information, find where it says 'Folder Type'. If it says Documents, click on change and select Pictures. After it gets all synced up you should be able to play the video right from the skydrive app on your phone.

Derausgewanderte

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Try this:

Go to skydrive.com. Find the folder that you're storing the video files in, right click on it and select Properties. On the right hand side under Information, find where it says 'Folder Type'. If it says Documents, click on change and select Pictures. After it gets all synced up you should be able to play the video right from the skydrive app on your phone.
Mine was already set to Pictures. Still no luck in playing the video I upload from the phone. I have the same problem if I email the video I took on the Lumia 920 to myself or my wife who has the Lumia 920. After downloading the attachment it cannot play it. Friends with an iPhone on the other hand can play the shared skydrive video or the email attachment. Embarrassing...

Geronimo928

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Mine was already set to Pictures. Still no luck in playing the video I upload from the phone. I have the same problem if I email the video I took on the Lumia 920 to myself or my wife who has the Lumia 920. After downloading the attachment it cannot play it. Friends with an iPhone on the other hand can play the shared skydrive video or the email attachment. Embarrassing...
. Any changes on this? I have an .avi that will play on my Xbox but not my phone.

Debi Vines

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
I had the same problem so I changed my folder from personal to a share folder and the I was able to play and view all movie and avi mp4 all files

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium