The king is back baby!

Resident Evil 7: Biohazard Review — a series risen from the dead

Fitness Apps

Keep your New Year's fitness resolutions with these great Windows 10 apps!

One Windows

Microsoft is building a new Windows 10 Shell for PC, Mobile and Xbox

Get ready for beta!

Halo Wars 2 Blitz: Game modes, beginner's tips, and more

On the Inside

Everything you need to know about the Xbox Insider Program

Beautiful compromises

Surface Studio review: you'll want one, even if you don't need one

3-in-1

Is this the Surface Phone? Microsoft awarded patents for foldable devices

Windows Central Offers

MCSE Certification bundle is just $39

Even more improvements

All the changes found in Windows 10 build 15007!

Games as a Service

What does the cancellation of Scalebound mean for future Xbox exclusives?

Windows Central Offers

Save $90 on these FRESHeBUDS Pro Magnetic Bluetooth Earbuds

Returning for 2017

We're back with an new episode of #AskDanWindows

Lifetime Subscription

VPNSecure is currently 91% off

Our favorite things

The Best of CES 2017 Awards

Infinity Edge in your hand

The XPS 13 2-in-1 is the Dell convertible we've always wanted

Project Valerie

Razer just made a laptop with three — THREE! — 17-inch 4K displays. 😱

Great design from Palo Alto

HP's CES 2017 releases are truly gorgeous PCs

Intel and Google's big day

CES 2017 Day Two: New laptops, new phones, and old ideas made new

Take five is better than ever

The updated Lenovo ThinkPad X1 packs Kaby Lake chips and zero bloatware

Everything we know about the next Xbox: Project Scorpio

< >
Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. goixiz's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    37 Posts
       #1  
    I have uploaded MP4 and WMV videos into skydrive via PC (files are both viewable on PC). I am able to locate and identify them on the skydrive from Lumia920 but unable to play the video files.

    Is there an app or something i can do to view these saved files? Is it the format or WP8 not able to do so
  2. Kei Square's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    73 Posts
    #2  
    same boat here... keep pushing for this thread..... BUMP BUMP BUMP

    it worked before... now it's not working AT ALL. WTF
  3. michail71's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,821 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,844 Global Posts
    #3  
    Same here. I though it was because they were video files from an iPhone. Is it just a skydrive issue?
  4. #4  
    yeah im having the same problem .. kinda lame
  5. #5  
    looks like you have to go through the skydrive app not through the group .. for some reason that works .. you would think that they would be linked
  6. Paul May's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    335 Posts
    #6  
    The only way I could get my videos to play was to tap and hold the video. Click share and copy the link to clipboard. Then email myself the link. Then it allows me to click the link and play it. SkyDrive app used to work with these same videos.
  7. alogde#WP's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    12 Posts
    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul May View Post
    The only way I could get my videos to play was to tap and hold the video. Click share and copy the link to clipboard. Then email myself the link. Then it allows me to click the link and play it. SkyDrive app used to work with these same videos.
    i tried it and it says that it wont open on the phone, i tried it before as well this way
  8. #8  
    Try this:

    Go to skydrive.com. Find the folder that you're storing the video files in, right click on it and select Properties. On the right hand side under Information, find where it says 'Folder Type'. If it says Documents, click on change and select Pictures. After it gets all synced up you should be able to play the video right from the skydrive app on your phone.
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by somethingwicked View Post
    Try this:

    Go to skydrive.com. Find the folder that you're storing the video files in, right click on it and select Properties. On the right hand side under Information, find where it says 'Folder Type'. If it says Documents, click on change and select Pictures. After it gets all synced up you should be able to play the video right from the skydrive app on your phone.
    Mine was already set to Pictures. Still no luck in playing the video I upload from the phone. I have the same problem if I email the video I took on the Lumia 920 to myself or my wife who has the Lumia 920. After downloading the attachment it cannot play it. Friends with an iPhone on the other hand can play the shared skydrive video or the email attachment. Embarrassing...
  10. Geronimo928's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    22 Posts
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Derausgewanderte View Post
    Mine was already set to Pictures. Still no luck in playing the video I upload from the phone. I have the same problem if I email the video I took on the Lumia 920 to myself or my wife who has the Lumia 920. After downloading the attachment it cannot play it. Friends with an iPhone on the other hand can play the shared skydrive video or the email attachment. Embarrassing...
    . Any changes on this? I have an .avi that will play on my Xbox but not my phone.
  11. Debi Vines's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1 Posts
    #11  
    I had the same problem so I changed my folder from personal to a share folder and the I was able to play and view all movie and avi mp4 all files

Similar Threads

  1. How to view history in Internet Explorer?!?!
    By btdvox in forum Microsoft Surface for Windows RT
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 07-09-2013, 10:17 PM
  2. Live Tiles - How to make them dead?
    By Landsharkk in forum Windows Phone 8
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-10-2012, 02:32 PM
  3. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-14-2012, 06:09 AM
  4. How to view HQ Zune video on WP7?
    By XBWillem in forum Windows Phone 7
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-07-2012, 04:28 PM
  5. Setup rackspace exchange on WP7 How to?
    By Nettwerk in forum Windows Phone 7
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-27-2011, 12:28 PM

Posting Permissions