Is there any benefit to signing up for a Nokia account over a Microsoft account?

panda82man

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I believe they are different. Microsoft account is for Skydrive and Xbox Music. Nokia is for their apps only like their Nokia Music Service.

gudnuf4u

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
Nokia account also sync your favorites in Maps....I was happy when all my favorites sync from my Symbian device to my lumia 900....I had over 30 places around the world when I was single and traveling

weetigo

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
The Nokia account also gives you access to Beta Labs : Nokia Beta Labs
Be the first to try out new upgrades to Drive, Music, Transit, etc, or completely new applications that are in testing.

hary536

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
As others already said, Nokia account has the single biggest benefit of syncing your favorites(between different Nokia devices) and also navigation routes between web based nokia maps and your nokia device. (Ex: You found navigation directions on Nokia's "Here" maps site and I think from there you can save that route to your account, which will then show up on your phone.

Other advantages are: Nokai beta labs, nokia music(which actually doesn't require any account for basic streaming), nokia transport, etc.
It wouldn't hurt to have Nokia account. I am still using my Nokia account from symbian days.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786