11-25-2012, 01:44 PM #1
- 1 Posts
Is there a process for hard resetting a 920 which DOESN'T brick the phone?
I need to change the Microsoft ID associated with my phone and, while I know I can reflash after it bricks, that left my phone with a broken LED flash and voicemail.
What is the best way to reset my 920?
11-25-2012, 03:54 PM #3
- 656 Posts
The standard (and AFAIK, only) method to restore the phone is detailed above. Until Nokia, or MS, or both do some updating, there is no fool proof way to not brick the phone during this process. The good thing is that there is a sticky at the top of this forum about how to get yourself out of the bricked state.
Fix for bricked 920's after reset. Flash Process defined inside!
11-25-2012, 04:15 PM #4
- 382 Posts
Turn phone off > Press and hold Vol Down+Power simultaneously > Wait for exclamation mark > Vol Up > Vol Dn > Power > Vol Dn
Although, not sure if this will brick your phone or not. It's just the key combo as opposed to the OS method.Microsoft - Band
Windows - Surface RT | Surface Pro 3
Windows Phone - Dell Venue Pro | Nokia Lumia 920 | Nokia Lumia 1520
Windows Mobile - i-mate SP5 | HTC 8525 | HTC Touch HD
- By TenTwelve in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 6Last Post: 07-30-2014, 11:23 PM
- By Reeves in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 3Last Post: 11-16-2012, 01:41 PM
- By gamenlegend in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 4Last Post: 11-12-2012, 08:26 PM
- By Incision in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 34Last Post: 11-10-2012, 03:03 AM
- By markwill in forum HTC Arrive / 7 ProReplies: 6Last Post: 05-29-2011, 11:28 AM