Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Just noticed today that my power button no longer sticks out from the side of the phone like it did. I've had the phone for about ten days. Prior to today, the volume rocker, power button, and camera button each stuck out from the body of the phone the same distance. Today the power button is almost flush with the side of the phone. It still seems to work fine. Anyone else notice this?

Global Posts
    1,244 Global Posts
    Mine seems to have gotten "looser" as time goes on. Hopefully it will not continue to get progressively worse.

Global Posts
    124 Global Posts
    Mine is also not the same distance out as the volume and camera buttons. However it's not loose so right now I'm not considering it as a defect.
    Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

Global Posts
    382 Global Posts
    I just noticed this EXACT thing tonight. I could have sworn it stuck out more when I first got the phone. Now my finger barely notices it on the side.
    Sooner or later all the phones are going to go through this, i notice the same and i have a case. Today is my 14 day with the phone
    Thanked by:
    nooryani84 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by mcraine View Post
    Just noticed today that my power button no longer sticks out from the side of the phone like it did. I've had the phone for about ten days. Prior to today, the volume rocker, power button, and camera button each stuck out from the body of the phone the same distance. Today the power button is almost flush with the side of the phone. It still seems to work fine. Anyone else notice this?
    Yeah i've noticed the power button is really really bad quality. Like really freaking bad.

Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    I just checked mine. Although it is kind of flat since I can push it in till flush without making the click, the click still sounds and feels firm. I guess that's good enough for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Rodriguez View Post
    Sooner or later all the phones are going to go through this
    Err... that's quite the blanket statement there, don't you think?
    The more you come to the forums , the more defects you are going to find in your phone. So, no matter how many times you replace the device you are going to find something. If the power button becomes an annoyance and your 14 days period pass go and communicate with Nokia for an exchange.

Global Posts
    382 Global Posts
    The more you come to the forums , the more defects you are going to find in your phone. So, no matter how many times you replace the device you are going to find something. If the power button becomes an annoyance and your 14 days period pass go and communicate with Nokia for an exchange.
    Actually, nobody here referred to it as a defect. More of an observation really. Should we post our observations about the Lumia920 in a different forum, or would this Lumia920 forum be the best place for such posts?

I noticed this with the power button as well on the last one I had. The first two had power buttons that felt solid like the camera button but had other issues. The last one I noticed the difference in the feel of the button immediately out of the box - it felt loose.
    Is not about is there is any other place to post about issues with the phone. Is about where to post them and i include myself for posting the same problem here. I think there are
    some threads about bugs/defects with the phone

Quick Poll "Issues with your L920 Good or Bad"

Bug/defect checklist for new and future Lumia 920 owners

Global Posts
    382 Global Posts
    Is not about is there is any other place to post about issues with the phone. Is about where to post them and i include myself for posting the same problem here. I think there are
    some threads about bugs/defects with the phone

Quick Poll "Issues with your L920 Good or Bad"

Bug/defect checklist for new and future Lumia 920 owners
    I wasn't referring to those posts, but just this post. No worries though. Actually, as I have posted about experiencing this as well, I dont believe it to be a defect, but I just hope that it doesn't get sunken in anymore, as its already pretty hard to just feel it with my finger and often times I find myself sliding my finger up to hit the volume button and then back down just slightly to press the power button.
    Quote Originally Posted by congusano View Post
    I wasn't referring to those posts, but just this post. No worries though. Actually, as I have posted about experiencing this as well, I dont believe it to be a defect, but I just hope that it doesn't get sunken in anymore, as its already pretty hard to just feel it with my finger and often times I find myself sliding my finger up to hit the volume button and then back down just slightly to press the power button.
    I went to AT&T store to compare with the Demo devices and all of them have the power button flushed, including the 820
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,966 Global Posts
    I went to AT&T store to compare with the Demo devices and all of them have the power button flushed, including the 820
    Maybe that's the way it's supposed to be?

Mine is 6 days, the power button is raised compared with the side of the phone

I just noticed the same thing with my phone. I've had it about a week and the power button is now 'loose'. Meaning, I can press the top and bottom of the power button and it wiggles just a bit. Kind of annoying considering the high quality of the Volume rocker and the camera button.

Global Posts
    136 Global Posts
    I've noticed the same with my 920 - the power button is loose and flush as well as the volume. The camera button is still solid.

Global Posts
    597 Global Posts
    All Lumia phones go through this. Both of my 900s had it and its nothing serious. It won't go in all the way, don't worry.

Mine has the same issue, not sure if this is a problem with all models?

My power button makes a little "click" after i've pressed it. These are more cosmetic rather than functional flaws with the product, I wouldn't worry about it that much seeing as most products that have buttons such as these are prone to these flaws. If they aren't present immediately then they are likely to develop over time.

Sooner or later all the phones are going to go through this, i notice the same and i have a case. Today is my 14 day with the phone
    Thankfully the power button is only needed for lock/unlock or powering on/off the device. It would be far worse if this were one of the main buttons Back, home, search. So all in all if that's the ONLY flaw with the phone's components then we're actually pretty lucky. No backlight bleed, scuffgate, etc. I can live with a less than perfect power-button.

Does anyone know whether there is a shortcut to wake up the phone without using the power button every time? What about going in screen saving mode having it locked?

Global Posts
    382 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zhani View Post
    Does anyone know whether there is a shortcut to wake up the phone without using the power button every time? What about going in screen saving mode having it locked?
    you could always connect it with a charger. That wakes it up to the lock screen, to where you can then just swipe up to go to your home screen without ever having to press your power button.

Global Posts
    564 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zhani View Post
    Allow the camera button to wake the phone up. Sure, it'll launch the camera, but just hit the home button and you're on your home screen without having used the power button.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast