Unable to connect to websites with porting at the end....

UserName872

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Picked up my Lumia 920 last week before Thanksgiving and LOVE it! There are aspects I knew I would give up coming from my Galaxy S3 app-wise but I was prepared to live without it for the time being in order to jump into WP8 and a fresh interface.

That being said... I have an external facing box on my home network that I can access via application (not currently available on WP8) or by web address http://webaddresshere.com:9200 or :8081. The problem is while I can live without the application for the phone, I need to be able to at least view from the web address and IE on WP8 tells me that these type of web addresses are not support in IE mobile... I've tested on several other WP8 devices just to be sure and received the same result.

I looked around the app store for an alternate browser that's compatible but I'm not having much luck without Firefox or Chrome, etc... Does anyone have any similar experience or a workaround for this? I really want to keep the phone but without being able to access these types of pages it will have to go back until they become accessible via WP8. :unhappy: It really is a shame that this is the one stupid thing blocking me from being 100% satisfied with my device.

Thanks for your advice in advance!

congusano

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Picked up my Lumia 920 last week before Thanksgiving and LOVE it! There are aspects I knew I would give up coming from my Galaxy S3 app-wise but I was prepared to live without it for the time being in order to jump into WP8 and a fresh interface.

That being said... I have an external facing box on my home network that I can access via application (not currently available on WP8) or by web address http://webaddresshere.com:9200 or :8081. The problem is while I can live without the application for the phone, I need to be able to at least view from the web address and IE on WP8 tells me that these type of web addresses are not support in IE mobile... I've tested on several other WP8 devices just to be sure and received the same result.

I looked around the app store for an alternate browser that's compatible but I'm not having much luck without Firefox or Chrome, etc... Does anyone have any similar experience or a workaround for this? I really want to keep the phone but without being able to access these types of pages it will have to go back until they become accessible via WP8. :unhappy: It really is a shame that this is the one stupid thing blocking me from being 100% satisfied with my device.

Thanks for your advice in advance!

I have a webcam at home that monitors my sons crib. I have it port forwarded to port 81 and on my phone, I can hit my external ip address with the port added at the end http://70.xxx.xxx.xxx:81 and it works fine for me.

jaimeastin

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Try IP Camera Viewer from the app store. I use it and it is really nice. Though, if you use trendnet cameras, the the appended string should be edited from mjpeg to mjpg.

I
The app works with a lot of brands and probably some not even listed...

B T C

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
I was able to verify connectivity via my phone to an internet accessible server here at work by typing in the ip address and port number.

UserName872

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I was able to verify connectivity via my phone to an internet accessible server here at work by typing in the ip address and port number.

I still haven't been able to :(

Currently using my GS3 daily while I try to figure it out. It drives me insane not being able to use the device!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolz1234