Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By palandri
  • 1 Post By Dramer77
  • 1 Post By jdhooghe

Global Posts
    2,211 Global Posts
    So I bought my lumia 920 the day it came out and had an issue with the camera kicking me back to the start screen. A power+volume down reset from the ATT employee solved it. I was slightly worried about battery life but it fluctuated a lot. I then went to France for three weeks on the 12th. I used the camera for my main while in Paris and the Louvre. While there though, the camera did the same thing and wouldn't fix with the above reset. I then had to restore the phone to factory settings. Continued taking photos with it but it would reboot a lot. I then restored it a second time and have not experienced any reboots but have not taken a lot of photos since then either. I am still in france and will be back Dec. 2. I basically emailed ATT and told them my situation and that I will be taking it back. I know the OS is buggy and the firmware is not really stable right now due to first gen but I was wondering if this is an issue I should be worried about? If so, should I go through ATT or directly through Nokia? Thanks!
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    9,269 Global Posts
    I would return it to AT&T. You let AT&T know within 14 days correct?
    Check out the great deals on Windows Phone Accessories: http://store.wpcentral.com
    jdhooghe likes this.

Global Posts
    468 Global Posts
    sounds like you have a bad phone.. the way you talk you've had it for about a month.. the phones only been out just over 2 weeks...lol
    jdhooghe likes this.

Global Posts
    2,211 Global Posts
    Heh, yeah, sorry. I'm here on mind-numbing work and my mind is numb. I emailed ATT before the 14 days and told them that I was unable to come in within 14 days but I would as soon as I got a chance. I just wanted to see if this was an issue that could be fixed. Thank you for the replies!
    palandri likes this.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    9,269 Global Posts
    I hope you either turned the data off on your 920 or purchased one of the AT&T international data roaming plans, or else you are going to have a big AT&T bill when you get home.

My wife and I go to France a couple of times a year. It's really convenient to have an unlocked GSM phone. We always pickup a couple of Orange Pay As You Go SIM cards when we get there. Also the video calling works through Orange. You select voice or video call when dialing.
    Check out the great deals on Windows Phone Accessories: http://store.wpcentral.com

Global Posts
    1,441 Global Posts
    Take it back, if that camera thing happened to me, i would of exchange for a brand new one on that spot.