Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

I have seen barely any people with the grey variant of the 920 and I wondered if any one here could post their thoughts and picks of the grey on if they can own one.

Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    I think i read is going to be release later, not with this first colors.

I hope that's not the case as I have one on pre-order with Negri Electronics for use in the US on StraightTalk. It's supposed to be available on Thursday, though I'm not holding my breath.

I have just emailed clove technology, they claim to expect the grey model in January 2013. Sadfehhss

Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
    January 2013, I can wait till then. :) I've already emailed Nokia and chatted with an AT&T agent but non of them had any idea about the availability of that Soooo sexy color.

I'm really hoping that AT&T gets the grey after a few months. Perhaps after their exclusivity agreement for the phone itself expires?

They have the gray variant in the international unlocked versions already, but we don't have the cyan :(

Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by maycontainuts View Post
    I have just emailed clove technology, they claim to expect the grey model in January 2013. Sadfehhss
    Aww I emailed them a few days ago as well and all they said they have been told they will be getting it just not when. January is so far away! The white is starting to tempt me but I'm so afraid I'll regret it and then be stuck with it for the next 2 years :(

Global Posts
    344 Global Posts
    Nokia factory tour + little hidden bottle of white paint + oops = grey phone?

actually what probably happened is my fault - I posted that I was excited about grey on Nokias FB page, so with my luck, they pulled it. my bad, but this is my life and now your in it with me, lol...
    JConn_Lefty likes this.

I wish they had offered a darker gray or graphite color.
    cameradork likes this.

Global Posts
    334 Global Posts
    i was sooooo set on getting the gray one too. i think it's the best color. red comes in at a close 2nd. i'm regretting my choice of white.

Gave up on the grey pre-order and got a Red yesterday. Apart from an issue with linking my MSFT account w/o a SIM in, it's a beautiful experience.

Global Posts
    1,107 Global Posts
    Heh, what's up with many of us who wanted grey originally having red as a second choice?

I got a say i have personally been kind of happy i went for the red in the end. Looks amazing. Got a feeling we will see first grey models coming out somewhere early next year.

Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JConn_Lefty View Post
    i was sooooo set on getting the gray one too. i think it's the best color. red comes in at a close 2nd. i'm regretting my choice of white.
    Why the regret?

Global Posts
    1,107 Global Posts
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    403 Global Posts
    The gray doesn't impress me when looking at that video - it seems pretty meh! I think the brighter colours look better on the 920!

Global Posts
    1,107 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Bombay View Post
    The gray doesn't impress me when looking at that video - it seems pretty meh! I think the brighter colours look better on the 920!
    I think that's kind of the point. Just giving option for one more non bright color, but still different than the general white and black. Also more matte colors can't hurt.

I do personally like that grey, but doesn't bother me the slightest i got red.

Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    When you are with Rogers it is just easier to get the official Nokia gray case, than wait a year for another color.

The white was my only option I wanted the red one but sold out everywhere love the white 920

Global Posts
    403 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Yev91 View Post
    When you are with Rogers it is just easier to get the official Nokia gray case, than wait a year for another color.
    There's an official Nokia gray case the Rogers is selling? None of the Rogers stores in Victoria carry any Nokia accessories.

Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Bombay View Post
    There's an official Nokia gray case the Rogers is selling? None of the Rogers stores in Victoria carry any Nokia accessories.
    Apparently some Rogers stores have some cases. But no, those cases are not out yet as far as I know. I looked around the web and some European site had them for pre-order for whatever reason and I saw a gray one in the list.

Either way Im most likely getting it off of amazon when it comes out.

Edit: The case is CC-1043

Global Posts
    110 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tissotti View Post
    Thanks for posting that video! It's good to see that it does exist :)

I'm still glad I bought the white one and didn't wait for the grey (I wanted the grey one so badly when it was announced), because I think it looks a bit..... dirty grey. And seeing how matte polycarbonate phones getting dirty quickly too, I don't think this phone will look good for very long.

Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    I'm still happy with my decision to wait, love the look of it! Hopefully should be able to get it here in Europe in January.
    any idea on yellow? clove list both grey and yellow unavailable, if it's true then it'll probably be released in january also....

Dunno - the gray looks like unpainted primer to me. Have to see it in person to make any real judgments, though. I love the yellow in press photos, but hated it in real life.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast