Wireless Charger Problem

niravc

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
For those of you who have received your wireless charger from ATT, have you noticed that your battery doesn't hold its charge as efficiently after being charged wirelessly than after being charged via the wall charger? I charged my phone twice using the charging pad and both times, within 30 minutes of removing it, the battery drained 4-5% without me doing anything on it. I tested to see if the same would happen after using the wall charger and its staying solid at 100% after 30 minutes and one 6 minute phone call.

I want to know if my situation is an isolated one or not so any feedback on your experience with it will be much appreciated.

Doncud

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
I am not sure if this is happening to me or not. I have used the wirless charger and my battery life is dropping very quickly also. :angry:
I will test your theory with the direct line charge to see if it improves battery life.

viktor_k

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
So does it drop 4-5% and then drops at the same rate as with wall charger? It could be that the wall charger "tops it off" and the wireless pad does not. I've got the pad too, but haven't noticed less battery at the end of the day.

tebugg

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
For those of you who have received your wireless charger from ATT, have you noticed that your battery doesn't hold its charge as efficiently after being charged wirelessly than after being charged via the wall charger? I charged my phone twice using the charging pad and both times, within 30 minutes of removing it, the battery drained 4-5% without me doing anything on it. I tested to see if the same would happen after using the wall charger and its staying solid at 100% after 30 minutes and one 6 minute phone call.

I want to know if my situation is an isolated one or not so any feedback on your experience with it will be much appreciated.

yes i have noticed this. i charge my red 920 last night via the wireless charger and it is almost 2pm in the day and i am at 80% battery life. i noticed yesterday after charging straight from the wall i was at around 90% life at the same time in the day. i had used my phone alot more during this time in the day yesterday vs today. the phone being topped off better via the wall vs the wireless charger makes sense to me. i also have a 6000mah portable battery charger that i use for days when i had heavy phone use. i keep it in my car. it is very very useful. but that is getting off topic. but to answer your question, yes i have noticed the battery doesnt hold the charge as well from the wirless charger as it does straight from the wall.

ImmortalWarrior

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
You guys are paranoid. Wireless induction is no different than the AC coming from your outlet as transformers use wireless induction to change voltages. If you have 12v going through 100 coils and receive that voltage with 50 coils you get 6v on the output.

There isn't two types of electricity being transferred to your phone here...

tebugg

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
You guys are paranoid. Wireless induction is no different than the AC coming from your outlet as transformers use wireless induction to change voltages. If you have 12v going through 100 coils and receive that voltage with 50 coils you get 6v on the output.

There isn't two types of electricity being transferred to your phone here...

unless the battery full indicator within the OS is cutting off the wireless charge sooner than from the wall. which leads to less of a charge. this would also coincide with why some ppl's charge fluctuates alot when one sec they have 100% charge then 5min later they are at 80%.

niravc

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
From what I saw yesterday, it was dropping at a faster rate than it is today, and yesterday I didn't really do anything on my phone since I was studying all day so there was no reason it should drop so drastically

niravc

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
I know there aren't two different types of electricity being transferred, and in theory both scenarios should discharge at the same rate (with some standard deviation) given the same usage- but that's not what I'm seeing. So I'm curious why the battery is discharging at a far more drastic rate using one method over the other.

tebugg

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I actually feel like I am getting the opposite. But honestly, I think this is in our heads.

lol you could be right. the mind does play games from time to time. some ppl more than others.

but i do think there could be a bug within the battery indicator section of the OS that's affecting things that has anything to do with the battery. this bug could also be why there are inconsistent reports about the battery life of the 920. some ppl are gettin wonder life, others not so wonderful. could some ppl be affected by a bug within the battery indicator that is not letting their battery get the full charge it needs so it's giving off false readings about where the battery charge is? in effect giving them less of a charge than the indicator says? i think that's not that far of a stretch after reading all the concerns. then again this is just speculation, but this speculation does seem to have some merit behind it.

lordofthereef

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
lol you could be right. the mind does play games from time to time. some ppl more than others.

but i do think there could be a bug within the battery indicator section of the OS that's affecting things that has anything to do with the battery.

I can basically confirm that there is a bug. Often times, a reboot shows me with a higher percentage of battery than I had before (without having plugged in in between). My phone died once at 20% claiming dead battery. Say what? Interestingly, this happened to my 4S recently too (I say this for no reason other than that it was interesting since I have had it for over a year with no such issue).

Doncud

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
I charged my Black 920 last night using the wall charger instead of the wirless and it is at 93% after being unplugged from charger for 5 hours now.
Yesterday at this time, after charging it with the wireless charger, I was down to about 65%.
Charge time for BOTH was 9 full hours. Coincidence? I don't know but sure is better with wall.

SoloXCRacer

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
I actually feel like I am getting the opposite. But honestly, I think this is in our heads.

Yeah, I just received my wireless charger yesterday and charged it overnight. I have a 45 minute commute, which turned into an hour due to traffic. I played music the whole way and am still reading 100%. Interesting......

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte