Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    Just got an update... for Extras+info... what was it?

Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fradchad View Post
    just checked for an update under "phone update" in settings and my phone is up to date. where did you see your update at?
    Developer

Global Posts
    229 Global Posts
    This update comes in the store.

Quote Originally Posted by tebugg View Post
    just checked for an update under "phone update" in settings and my phone is up to date. where did you see your update at?
    Apps:
    Weather Smiles - Weather Live tile with 2 locations 1 tile and a smilie :)
    My 500px / My 500px Free - 500px website viewer plus upload, account access and lockscreen wallpaper

Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    and it had no info on it. I went to the phones settings but that area is just TOS information ... nothing fantastic. Weird.

Global Posts
    382 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fradchad View Post
    I think the information contained/linked from within the extras+info settings was updated, thats all.

Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by congusano View Post
    I think the information contained/linked from within the extras+info settings was updated, thats all.
    likely = oh well.. thought'd be something cool lol
    I ran this update yesterday and since then my battery life has gone downhill. Not sure if this update is the cause of it but just an FYI.

i just checked and the update was sitting there waiting for me. date on it is 11/26/2012. i believe this is the 2nd extras+info update we've had since release. no idea what was contained in either of them, but i updated mine.

so i went to Settings > extras+info

and it says: Manufacturer Model Name RM-820_nam_att_100

for those of you that haven't updated, does it say the same thing? why 820 instead of 920?

I wonder if it could be something with the wifi? I read somewhere that Nokia was including in the 7.8 update the option for wifi always on.

Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    thats what mine says raymon and i havent got an update. i'm still trying to figure out where on the phone you would get this update. i dont see anything about a date or update within extras+info.

I have an 822, and mine says RM-845. There is also Nokia Enhancements version 1.4.2.1, though i don't know what version was running before that.

I think this update is for Nokia Enhancements... Afrer update its version 1.4.2.1. Before looks like it was 1.1.36.19 --> Received 2 small updates

Quote Originally Posted by tebugg View Post
    thats what mine says raymon and i havent got an update. i'm still trying to figure out where on the phone you would get this update. i dont see anything about a date or update within extras+info.
    open the 'Store' app, it should be in there.

I think its got something to do with Nokia Maps. Try opening Nokia Maps after applying update

Microsoft should require a change log for all apps... And adhere to it themselves. It would really help us out.
    Moocowdeluxe likes this.

Global Posts
    263 Global Posts
    I also got this update and it locked up my phone - my 920 reset and was stuck on the NOKIA screen. I had to hold power + volume down to do a soft reset.

I'm on a Lumia 810 (so nobody gets confused on my model name)

BEFORE update: AFTER update:

I see absolutely no other changes anywhere. Wish I knew what this stuff does or what it means. I'm highly curious... it's sitting in my settings menu begging to be looked at :P

Global Posts
    267 Global Posts
    I just got the update on my 920 here as well.
    Red Lumia 920

Global Posts
    190 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by diesel_fan View Post
    I think this update is for Nokia Enhancements... Afrer update its version 1.4.2.1. Before looks like it was 1.1.36.19 --> Received 2 small updates
    Mine says 1.1.36.19 and a check for updates yielded no results
    Connie L - Windows Phone 8 always

It is the wifi fix, my device is always connected to wifi now, even after being in standby for an hour+ Naturally, nothing listed anywhere confirming this but this morning I noticed a few times when using the phone after standby, the wifi icon was connecting, since the update, that is not happening. Can anyone confirm?
    Thanked by:
    Mystictrust and cameradork like this.

My guess is that it's the bloatware from AT&T :) Seriously, though, I wonder if it's the additional software customization that the operator needs to remove / fine tune the user experience for their networks. For example, on my Lumia 800 I had full wifi tethering without paying for it because it was a developers device. On my 920 it's looks and works exactly the same way, only now it seems to make an authentication call to AT&T after you switch on the server. Several seconds later it turns off and says I've not pay for the service.

Therefore I wonder if the "Extras" are were AT&T add these little tweaks. Any one know if the developer devices have this entry?

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Figge View Post
    My guess is that it's the bloatware from AT&T :) Seriously, though, I wonder if it's the additional software customization that the operator needs to remove / fine tune the user experience for their networks. For example, on my Lumia 800 I had full wifi tethering without paying for it because it was a developers device. On my 920 it's looks and works exactly the same way, only now it seems to make an authentication call to AT&T after you switch on the server. Several seconds later it turns off and says I've not pay for the service.

Therefore I wonder if the "Extras" are were AT&T add these little tweaks. Any one know if the developer devices have this entry?
    Wouldn't be AT&T related, I am in the UK and received the update this afternoon, like I said above, since the update, my wifi is always connected. Cannot see any other changes.

Quote Originally Posted by leebaboon View Post
    It is the wifi fix, my device is always connected to wifi now, even after being in standby for an hour+ Naturally, nothing listed anywhere confirming this but this morning I noticed a few times when using the phone after standby, the wifi icon was connecting, since the update, that is not happening. Can anyone confirm?
    [s]Hey! It does seem like that! I have NEVER seen the wifi icon on my lock screen, it always lights up right after unlock. I honestly expected some kind of setting for it, not just a silent push of "always on". Good eye!

This could improve battery life - no more constant disconnecting and reconnecting :)[/s] Never mind, false alarm. It seems to stay connected for a bit longer than usual but it's not staying on ALL the time :(
    Last edited by Mystictrust; 11-26-2012 at 04:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by leebaboon View Post
    my device still reconnects to wifi after coming out of standby.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast