Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Reflexx

Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    My mom bought a L920 the other day since she liked the way my phone looked and worked. I just talked to her for the first time and it is by far the clearest convo I have heard on a cell phone. She had a 3gs before and I had a 4s and it has never been that clear. Between 2 L920's the call quality is amazing. I heard that it has 3 microphones...could that be the reason? I'm on Att in the US so I know it can't be HD voice since its not supported here yet.

This phone just surprises me everyday. Best phone I've ever owned!

Yep, my wife and I both have the 920 and the clarity is great. No complaints at all.

My friend and I both have 920's and the first time we talked we were startled by the incredible call clarity. Its amazing! I too want to know what is going on.
    Yep. Nokia has always done a bang up job with voice quality. IMO they have always been the leader on that front. Unfortunately, nobody buys their smartphone mainly for calls anymore.

When you use two 920's, it creates a special sound tunnel of awesome. I think that's verified in the documentation somewhere...
    lordofthereef likes this.

Nokia invented or co-invented some of the voice compression algorithms in use today. Nobody knows voice quality more than Nokia. Apple's iphone has been subpar in terms of voice quality and dropped calls for a reason -- they were pretty green in this field. Apple has caught up quite a bit lately, but Nokia is probably still the king when it comes to core cellular technologies.