Wow at&t just wow!!

rubynokia

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Ok this is just some amazing luck with customer service reps or at&t is starting to care about their customer's you decide.

I am a happy owner of a red Nokia lumia 920. (only issues are battery is so-so and want a camera update)

So I get my phone(Nov 15, 2012 and then 1 week later(Nov 21) I call att customer service to order my free wireless charging plate. The rep keeps me on the phone for 1 hour and 30 minutes due to difficulties in placing the order and getting a confirmation from her manager for the order. Due to this wait time, they give me a = $25 Credit

Then 1 day later(Nov 22) I call att again just to make sure the order is on its way because the att website shows that I have no order pending. Customer service rep says he will call me on monday(Today) to let me know what the situation is. On this same day I order the Lumia 820 for my second line(Wife)

On friday(Nov 23) i find out the lumia 920 is being sold for half off and even with a $100 gift card at Walmart. I call att and the rep gives me a double activation fee credit of = $72 Credit

Then today I get the call back from the rep who made the arrangement with me on Nov 22; He says holy cow, when we spoke last is said back order on wireless charging pad negative 1 and today it said negative 2,500... He then asks what can we do for you?? I say listen, I was promised this accessory free of charge and I am a long time enterprise customer with 2 date plan lines and always on time with payments to att. I said i see it selling it online, can you reimburse me the price and ill just buy it on ebay. He says yes we can, he asks me the amount i say I see it for 60.00 wih $5 shipping. So he credits me $65.00 and tax untop for no reason it all. In the end I get a credit for = $78.75

WOW in total i received $175.75 I hope others faired aswell as I have, I just thought I should share. AT&T really surprised me with this customer service care. :excited:

iamtim

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
AT&T is really upping their customer service game. My in-store "rep" is just an awesome dude, he's bent over backwards for me.

lordofthereef

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
Sweet deal. Up until yesterday I was at $125 credit. One of the $50 credits they gave me disappeared, so I call back up and they fixed it. For my troubles they gave me an extra $50. I have been an AT&T customers for five years and I am only just now finding out that all it takes is asking nicely for money and they take care of you. Pretty crazy.

dkp23

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
ATT customer service is not that good and because they gave you money doesn't mean they are good. Ask them general questions regarding phones, policy, service, bill, availability, and each rep will have different answers causing confusion. They will make you wait a long time and when they finally when they get to you, they tend ot screw it up. the reps on the phone are as clueless as any consumer that doesn't work at ATT. They dont seem to know the phone, policy or anything other than changing existing features.

Only person i could count on at ATT was my brother who worked there for 10 years, so whenever i hear something stupid from a rep and mybrother would then confirm it was stupid. Since he is no longer with ATT, i just have to deal with the poor lackluster customer service ATT provides. I am not biased, i think ATT, Comcast, DirectTV, Verizon all fall into the same trap when it comes to customer service, different policies and explanations from different reps resulting in confusion.

lordofthereef

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
ATT customer service is not that good and because they gave you money doesn't mean they are good. Ask them general questions regarding phones, policy, service, bill, availability, and each rep will have different answers causing confusion. They will make you wait a long time and when they finally when they get to you, they tend ot screw it up. the reps on the phone are as clueless as any consumer that doesn't work at ATT. They dont seem to know the phone, policy or anything other than changing existing features.

Only person i could count on at ATT was my brother who worked there for 10 years, so whenever i hear something stupid from a rep and mybrother would then confirm it was stupid. Since he is no longer with ATT, i just have to deal with the poor lackluster customer service ATT provides. I am not biased, i think ATT, Comcast, DirectTV, Verizon all fall into the same trap when it comes to customer service, different policies and explanations from different reps resulting in confusion.

Blanket statements are... well, blanket statements. Everyone's mileage may vary. I had good support the last few calls I made. When I went to buy the 920 in store on launch day, they didn't even know if they had it in stock. It sucks you had bad experiences, but I can guarantee your brother is not the only knowledgeable person working at the company. That's just foolish.

rubynokia

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

well that has not been my experience. I can only remember 1 time in the many years that I have been with att that a rep was not knowledgeable towards my questions.

dkp23

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
Blanket statements are... well, blanket statements. Everyone's mileage may vary. I had good support the last few calls I made. When I went to buy the 920 in store on launch day, they didn't even know if they had it in stock. It sucks you had bad experiences, but I can guarantee your brother is not the only knowledgeable person working at the company. That's just foolish.

I didn't go to my brother immediately, i went to ATT reps on my own and when they tell me something that i seem that just didn't seem right, i confirm with my brother. So coming to the conclusion that i said my brother is the only knowledgable person at ATT is reaching, you can imply that that all you want, but I understand there are knowledgable works and not so much in every company, especially retail.

What I am saying about ATT is based on my experience only and I have had many experiences since being with ATT for a long time and my company having ATT as our wireless provider. When it comes to somebody going into a store and buying a phone/upgrade and that is that, sure, ATT is fine because they are doing the minimal job. When it gets to the point where you need more answers, more help with the device or help with the device you are choosing, troubleshooting, knowledge of the product, knowledge of the platform, ecosystem, availability, you will find out, they dont know much at all except the general stuff like, more apps, faster, voice, popular. When it comes down to getting expert advise from a store rep, odds are, you not getting it. I haven't even gotten to the data plan or text plan changes, grandfathered plan policies, warranty and in store exchange problems.

I doubt OP would be saying anything if he didn't receive credit, i've received a $100 credit, but i still think there customer service is poor.

iamtim

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Ask them general questions regarding phones, policy, service, bill, availability, and each rep will have different answers causing confusion. They will make you wait a long time and when they finally when they get to you, they tend ot screw it up. the reps on the phone are as clueless as any consumer that doesn't work at ATT. They dont seem to know the phone, policy or anything other than changing existing features.

This has not been my experience with AT&T at all. I can honestly say that every time I've dealt with AT&T - be that in person in a store or over the phone - they've all been knowledgeable and courteous. This is coming from both a corporate and consumer standpoint, too. From my chair, what you describe was my experience with Verizon from which AT&T "saved" me.

eurovisionacts

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Whoever uses AT&T instead of StraightTalk for personal use needs to bust out a calculator.

Enterprise or family plans well it makes sense depending on usage.

iamtim

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
My dad was on Verizon with a crappy old flip phone. He wanted an iPhone 4 which AT&T is currently offering for $.99 on-contract. My local AT&T store was out of stock on them, but my rep located one at a store 20 miles away and drove to that store to get the phone for me.

...would StraightTalk have done that for me?

05Paris

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I have never has any problems getting credits from my account rep with AT&T but it's really hard to bargain with the folks on the sales side. When I called today to purchase my second 920 and brought up the WalMart $69.99+$100 eCard deal as to them matching she told me to go to WalMart to get it. This is after I have been with AT&T for over 50 yrs. Since I am waiting for the Red 920 to get back in stock I'll go back and order it then go over to my account rep & he will take care of me but you shouldn't really have to go around these circles. Bottom line is some can do things others are not authorized to do...I guess.

lordofthereef

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
I didn't go to my brother immediately, i went to ATT reps on my own and when they tell me something that i seem that just didn't seem right, i confirm with my brother. So coming to the conclusion that i said my brother is the only knowledgable person at ATT is reaching, you can imply that that all you want, but I understand there are knowledgable works and not so much in every company, especially retail.

What I am saying about ATT is based on my experience only and I have had many experiences since being with ATT for a long time and my company having ATT as our wireless provider. When it comes to somebody going into a store and buying a phone/upgrade and that is that, sure, ATT is fine because they are doing the minimal job. When it gets to the point where you need more answers, more help with the device or help with the device you are choosing, troubleshooting, knowledge of the product, knowledge of the platform, ecosystem, availability, you will find out, they dont know much at all except the general stuff like, more apps, faster, voice, popular. When it comes down to getting expert advise from a store rep, odds are, you not getting it. I haven't even gotten to the data plan or text plan changes, grandfathered plan policies, warranty and in store exchange problems.

I doubt OP would be saying anything if he didn't receive credit, i've received a $100 credit, but i still think there customer service is poor.

that's great. I'm simply saying your brother is certainly not the only knowledgeable person in the company. Share your experiences, sure. Buy saying their entire workforce is inept (aside from your brother, of course) is quite then ignorant statement.

socialcarpet

Banned
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
I've never had anything but positive results with AT&T.

The sales reps in my local store are knowledgeable about Windows Phone too.

No complaints about AT&T from me, other than I wish my phone bill was a little cheaper, but who doesn't?

TonyDedrick

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
I will say I recently (yesterday to be exact) had a good experience with AT&T where there was confusion in store with my wife and I merging into a shared plan and the prorated cost it would involve. We got about 60 bucks knocked off of what we owed by a customer service rep. However, I do agree that AT&T (like many companies) has issues with its consistencies on what is going on and what isn't. IMO, if there is an advertised Black Friday sale for AT&T, it should be a sale happening at all stores. If Joe is able to upgrade early, then Dick should be allowed to as well.

dogfish54

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
Whoever uses AT&T instead of StraightTalk for personal use needs to bust out a calculator.

Enterprise or family plans well it makes sense depending on usage.

I use straighttalk and bought a 900 outright. Then bought a 920 outright. Now, the 900 almost paid for itself with just 6 months on straighttalk, but now I'm behind on the 920. If I'd bought both on contract, gotten an early upgrade and gotten credits like others ... I'd be in front right now under contract ... OK ... straighttalk is still better on cost, but no LTE and it seems like it's crippled in some ways ....but ... price is good.

larrynj

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
I've always had great service from AT&T. They are always polite, try to help and are grateful for my business. It's unrealistic to think that every customer service rep is going to be well trained in all aspects of their business. If there's some confusion and they offer you a credit for you inconvenience than yes that's good customer service.

The biggest cause of the long delays is all of us calling trying to get them to match every offer. :winktongue:

eurovisionacts

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
I use straighttalk and bought a 900 outright. Then bought a 920 outright. Now, the 900 almost paid for itself with just 6 months on straighttalk, but now I'm behind on the 920. If I'd bought both on contract, gotten an early upgrade and gotten credits like others ... I'd be in front right now under contract ... OK ... straighttalk is still better on cost, but no LTE and it seems like it's crippled in some ways ....but ... price is good.

Yeah it sucked it went to $0 with 2 year contract... could have bought it and waited a month then ETF it for a $350ish without taxes.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720