Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By congusano

Last week, I couldn't connect to my work exchange due to a certificate error. It said the certificate was bad and it needed fixed. Today I tried again and it gave me a warning about the certificate but gave me the option to "continue anyway." And now it's working flawlessly.

Global Posts
    382 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Caikems View Post
    Last week, I couldn't connect to my work exchange due to a certificate error. It said the certificate was bad and it needed fixed. Today I tried again and it gave me a warning about the certificate but gave me the option to "continue anyway." And now it's working flawlessly.
    Did you ask your IT department if they did anything with their cert server or update their certificates?
    lordofthereef likes this.
    ^ This

I have been using work email exchange since the 9th (launch) without issues.

Quote Originally Posted by congusano View Post
    Did you ask your IT department if they did anything with their cert server or update their certificates?
    Well, I am part of the IT department. haha. We had a non-veri certificate and the phone refused to sync with the server until a 'secure' cert was applied, but we never changed our exchange server, It's why I assumed that there was some sort of patch.

I had literally worked on work arounds for the whole first week I had the phone, as there were tons of people with the same issue on Windows 7 Phone. However, I couldn't find anyone else with the issue on a new Windows 8 Phone.