For those of you with battery issues

Wyn6

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
First off, I own a Lumia 810 not a 920 and I get superb battery life. However, my brother and sister-in-law do own 920s. My sister-in-law is/was having battery drain issues. So, I want to ask a question.

For those of you who have had battery draining issues, how many of you have installed the app Battery Level for WP8? This is kind of an anecdotal poll of sorts. She had this app on her phone and since uninstalling it has seen her battery life increase dramatically. So, I'm curious if there is any correlation between the battery drain and this app.

steeleblue

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
I have a 920 and have that app installed. I'm not having any battery drain issues. I did calibrate my battery display meter when I first got the phone by draining it to about 10%, fully recharging and drainging back to 10% or so and another recharge. I don't know if it makes any difference but I've been using smarhones since 2003 or so and just learned that the meter needs to be recalibrated every 3-4 months.

I suggest she do this because sometimes it's not the battery but the actual display that's wrong.

Good luck!

pjeung

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
i also had the battery level app on my 920. I was having decent battery life, but not great. I took off the battery level app cuz the live tile wasn't updating as often as I wanted so i took it off and immediately saw a drastic improvement in battery life as well. I curretly have wifi on, bluetooth off, nfc off, nokia drive disabled, and 3 background apps. I get a good 12-15 hours with pretty heavy usage.

moonboy509

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
battery drain fast I think it's because the data 4g always on, even when it's not in use. I play around for two weeks with red 920 without service, only running wifi, battery is very good. Since I put straighttalk sim and use it as 4g and wifi turn off, battery is drain very fast. But when I turn wifi on, battery running okey. why don't you try it and let see

Thigis

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
First off, I own a Lumia 810 not a 920 and I get superb battery life. However, my brother and sister-in-law do own 920s. My sister-in-law is/was having battery drain issues. So, I want to ask a question.

For those of you who have had battery draining issues, how many of you have installed the app Battery Level for WP8? This is kind of an anecdotal poll of sorts. She had this app on her phone and since uninstalling it has seen her battery life increase dramatically. So, I'm curious if there is any correlation between the battery drain and this app.

Yes. battery apps are reportedly causing additional battery drain. In my case the battery life increased DRAMATICALLY after uninstalling battery level.

Thigis

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
battery drain fast I think it's because the data 4g always on, even when it's not in use. I play around for two weeks with red 920 without service, only running wifi, battery is very good. Since I put straighttalk sim and use it as 4g and wifi turn off, battery is drain very fast. But when I turn wifi on, battery running okey. why don't you try it and let see

you can try limiting the connection speed to 2 or 3G.

phonohead

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
Obvious perhaps, but I think this varies from device to device. I've limited my data to 2G, when at home. Simply because I don't get a higher speed here. When I stream music/videos, I use wi-fi. When I am not at home, I turn it up to 3G/4G if I need it, if not I keep it on 2G which is good enough to sync/send emails.

I am on 1 day and 2-3 hours on average. With 2G on, phone calls, text messages, emails and bluetooh while driving my car.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3