920 Otterboxes now available for order !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SnailUK

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Part of me wants one for protection of my 920, but the other half of me doesn't want the stunning redness to be covered in dull black.

Add to that, the big phone will be made a lot bigger.

decisions.....

deuxani

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Why do people buy these type of cases? If you work in construction or are in a lot of outdoor activities (like biking, skating, etc) I can understand it. But if you buy a beautiful phone, why would you cover it up entirely so it's unrecognizable (like when you buy a Ferrari and then cover it up with rubber or foam or something)? Do regular people also buy these type of cases (Otterbox specifically)? Just so I understand, as I have never seen someone with an Otterbox in my country.

YeahMon360

Banned
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Because my phone is not a fashion accessory, and I am a big, burly, reckless man. Drive your Ferrari to a Wal-Mart and see if you make it home without some new door dings.

SnailUK

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
With Kids, my HD7 has tons of abuse, was forever being thrown, and the Otterbox case kept it mint. I'm sure once the novelty has worn off, and the kids get near my 920, i'll probably give in and get a case.

thekonger

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
How much does the commuter add in regards to size? Looks pretty slim and very nice quality. I was going to buy one of WorldShopping TPU cases but if this is that much better and doesn't make the phone much bigger I'll spring for it.

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
Why do people buy these type of cases? If you work in construction or are in a lot of outdoor activities (like biking, skating, etc) I can understand it. But if you buy a beautiful phone, why would you cover it up entirely so it's unrecognizable (like when you buy a Ferrari and then cover it up with rubber or foam or something)? Do regular people also buy these type of cases (Otterbox specifically)? Just so I understand, as I have never seen someone with an Otterbox in my country.

When you buy an otterbox case it's all about protection.

thekonger

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
What's the point of keeping a phone mint if you can't see it

I dropped mine off the counter and have a small dent in the corner. Phone still works fine, but if I can put a case on that doesn't hinder the screen or buttons and ports I don't really think I am hiding any part of the phone. The one thing I hate is putting a protector on the screen. Gives a cheap feel to the screen IMO.

(With that said, I used to have a case for my iPhone 3GS but not one on my HTC Shift. After two years my Shift had some good wear and tear on it but was still fully functional.)

wp7USER

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
I will have to agree and disagree. On the agreement side I remember my sister bought one of these for her iPhone and man was that iPhone hideous lol and the funny thing is that she does no kind of construction work or any of that sort like I do. As for me tho I would definitely buy this case because I usually go fishing, biking, hiking, rafting you name it and my occupation is renovation. But when am doing none of the above I really want to feel and boast the sexiness of this phone. Am even iffy about putting a screen protector because I don't want dim the eye popping-ness of this phone.
Sent from my RM-820_nam_canada_200 using Board Express

kebnt

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
All about peace of mind, same reason people buy insurance or extended warranties. If people anticipate damage to the phone due to the intended use or from past experience, they'll want that protection. If you're just throwing your phone in a car mount and you drive to work, you probably don't have the same level of risk as someone who commutes on the train, etc., or walks, and they don't want to have to hold their phone in their hand the entire time. I take the train to work and I want to be able to put my phone in my pocket or in my bag at work without worrying that it'll get scratched up. Plus I don't use my phone as a fashion accessory that I want to show off to everyone on the street or train. Have also had some experience where I've put my phone (both lumia 920 and iPhone) in my pocket with nothing else in there and it came out with a scratch.

eallan

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Cover a big giant phone with a big giant uglier case. No thanks. Take care of your $500 devices people, then you won't need this travesty.

socialcarpet

Banned
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
I like the idea of protection, but I just can't make this phone any bigger and heavier than it is already. It fits so perfectly in my hand as it is. Just can't do it. I'll take my chances.

robstunner

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I like the idea of protection, but I just can't make this phone any bigger and heavier than it is already. It fits so perfectly in my hand as it is. Just can't do it. I'll take my chances.

I work in public safety, so at least while at work I feel like im walking around with fine china in my pocket lol.

ncxcstud

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
For those mentioning that they want this so that the phone will be protected when they go fishing - just a warning - Otterbox specifically says that these cases do not protect against water damage...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
piklokz