Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By diesel_fan
  • 1 Post By rkgriffin

Does anyone know of any vinyl skins for the 920 such as gellaskins.com? I'd like something to protect the back.

I'd like something of the same! Maybe a carbon Fiber

Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    I never really understood the OS wars - they're simply is no one perfect solution for all, just for you.

Did I help? don't forget to hit the Thanks and Like :)

I was looking at this one earlier and might pull the trigger on it

Most Popular - Skinomi TechSkin™ for Nokia Lumia 920

They have clear and carbon fiber look. I like the clear one as it doesn't take away from the color of my cyan

Edit:

Amazon has them for a few bucks less

http://www.amazon.com/Skinomi-TechSk...wpcentral00-20
    Windows - Surface RT

Windows Phone - Dell Venue Pro | Nokia Lumia 920 | Nokia Lumia 1520

Windows Mobile - i-mate SP5 | HTC 8525 | HTC Touch HD

Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    Skinomi is excellent as well - Ive used them alot in the past - great product!

They skins really do stick well - seems like it becomes a part of the phone - just apply it right, follow each step in the directions :)
    I never really understood the OS wars - they're simply is no one perfect solution for all, just for you.

Did I help? don't forget to hit the Thanks and Like :)

I've used gelaskins.com in the past for other devices but it looks like the new Nokia phones templates haven't made it up there yet.

Thanks for the Skinomi link. I've ordered the carbon fiber and I'll post a pic after I get it.

Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    Please let us know how it sticks to the matte surface. Also, I found that skinomi screen protectors are sticky feeling and end up with grooves where scratches would be after awhile, anybody else?

Ghost Armor has some too. Clear and a bunch of carbon fiber (black, red, grey, yellow, purple, maybe another...). I have put the clear on a couple of iPads (front and back) and really like it. The screen protector is very clear, not tacky (like Zagg) and feels like the baked screen. The closest mall here has a kiosk but they didn't have any for the 920 but did have the 900s in stock so I took a close look. Very nice and they wrap around the sides. I ordered the clear for my red 920 and it's supposed to be in this week.

I'll post back about the fit when I get it installed if anyone is interested.

Oh, the ones on the iPads have held up very well over the last couple of years. I give my old iPads to my grandkids (4 and 8) and even they can't seem to do any damage, plus sticky fingerprints wipe right off.
    Thanked by:
    C s G 

Quote Originally Posted by steeleblue View Post
    Ghost Armor has some too. Clear and a bunch of carbon fiber (black, red, grey, yellow, purple, maybe another...). I have put the clear on a couple of iPads (front and back) and really like it. The screen protector is very clear, not tacky (like Zagg) and feels like the baked screen. The closest mall here has a kiosk but they didn't have any for the 920 but did have the 900s in stock so I took a close look. Very nice and they wrap around the sides. I ordered the clear for my red 920 and it's supposed to be in this week.

I'll post back about the fit when I get it installed if anyone is interested.

Oh, the ones on the iPads have held up very well over the last couple of years. I give my old iPads to my grandkids (4 and 8) and even they can't seem to do any damage, plus sticky fingerprints wipe right off.
    Please do post it. There's a kiosk nearby me too. Interested to do how good it'll be for the 920.
    Thanked by:

When my wife wears clothes without pockets at home, she holds her phone under her arm. She previously had an iPhone with a big rubber case that provided a lot of grip. Now she has a red 920 which is always slipping out of her arm. I rather she not hide the phone in a case, so do any of these clear skins provide more grip?
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    9,259 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebaneeezor View Post
    ..... just apply it right, follow each step in the directions :)
    That's the important part. If you do it right. If not, a skin with bubbles underneath doesn't look real good.
    Check out the great deals on Windows Phone Accessories: http://store.wpcentral.com

Global Posts
    334 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by crav4speed View Post
    I was looking at this one earlier and might pull the trigger on it

Most Popular - Skinomi TechSkin™ for Nokia Lumia 920

They have clear and carbon fiber look. I like the clear one as it doesn't take away from the color of my cyan

Edit:

Amazon has them for a few bucks less

Amazon.com: Skinomi TechSkin - Nokia Lumia 920 Screen Protector Ultra Clear Shield + Full Body Protective Skin + Lifetime Warranty: Cell Phones & Accessories
    guys, ebay has pretty much the same thing @ $3.99 shipped. i have it and its perfectly pre-cut. easy to apply as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by JConn_Lefty View Post
    guys, ebay has pretty much the same thing @ $3.99 shipped. i have it and its perfectly pre-cut. easy to apply as well.
    I have the matte black and its a slippery little sucker. Given its size does the skin help with grip?

Global Posts
    334 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GadgetObsessed View Post
    I have the matte black and its a slippery little sucker. Given its size does the skin help with grip?
    good question. i have the white one so i never had problem with grip.

i forget the 920 comes in flat colors as well. you know what, i don't think you'll be able to apply the film on the back due to the textured design.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by wcrm View Post
    When my wife wears clothes without pockets at home, she holds her phone under her arm. She previously had an iPhone with a big rubber case that provided a lot of grip. Now she has a red 920 which is always slipping out of her arm. I rather she not hide the phone in a case, so do any of these clear skins provide more grip?
    I had the original ZAGG InvisibleShield on my iPhone 3GS and I would say that it did provide more grip.

Was reading all this and while researching found a code for half off on the Skinomi TechSkin on the www.skinomi.com site. Enter holiday2012 at normal checkout (not paypal link) and you get 50% off AND free shipping!

Ordered 2 skins from bestskinsever with coupon THBFCM363 (buy 1 - get one free). Coupon is good until 12/04
    JConn_Lefty likes this.

Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    I ordered some grip strips from eGrips for the back of my phone. I am loving them. The phone stays put in an open hand now. So much easier to use my 920 now.

ONLINE STORE RETAIL||non-promotional products
    JConn_Lefty likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by rkgriffin View Post
    I ordered some grip strips from eGrips for the back of my phone. I am loving them. The phone stays put in an open hand now. So much easier to use my 920 now.

I think I'll be getting this one. It doesn't cover the entire phone, and it's clear so that the red shows through.

Global Posts
    334 Global Posts

this is new. i like it. is it like a foam material or just a sticker?

Global Posts
    1,107 Global Posts

Thanks. Looks nice actually.

Quote Originally Posted by C s G View Post
    Please do post it. There's a kiosk nearby me too. Interested to do how good it'll be for the 920.
    Got my Ghost Armor on. I like it. I had the full body set put on.

First the screen protector. It's perfectly clear, no orange peel effect even when the screen is off. I admit the screen isn't quite as slick but it's not enough to matter. My finger slides quite easily. No screen degradation I can see and so far the proximity sensor works fine. The only real drawback I can see is that it seems to be about two hairs width narrow. By that I mean it covers just over the edge of the glass but no all the way to where the glass and the case meet. It's a small thing but that smidgen wider would have been perfect. Oh, there is a cutout for the ear and camera holes.

The back. Wraps all the way around from the screen to screen. Nice fit. The best thing is I can lay it on my hand and tilt my hand about 85 degrees and it won't slip off. It's not sticky but it definitely helps give some grip. Also doesn't show fingerprints like the case alone. And since I got the clear when just looking at it you can't tell there is even a skin on.

Ends. Yep, there are a coupl elf pieces for each end. The piece for the end with the headphone jack and sim tray doesn't extend over the sim tray just to the edge of it. The other end is full width with cut-outs for the USB and speakers. Personally I don't see how the end pieces add much but they don't look too bad. Can't really see them much but they don't help the edges so no protection but then I didn't expect them to.

All in all I'm happy. I don't feel like I need to baby my phone. I can just lay it down anywhere or throw it in my purse without worrying. The feel is quite nice. Since I am a woman and usually (but not always) carry a purse I do worry about lint etc. so I also have port plugs, one for the headphone jack and one for the USB. I rarely use either (now that I use wireless charging (forgot to mention, it charges just fine with the skin on) so basically I have it locked down pretty tight but it doesn't look like it.

My only suggestion would be to have it put on. I have a lot of experience with Zagg and used to put that on all my devices. This one is more difficult. And a good install makes all the difference. If you decide to DIY be sure to take your time getting the back lined up properly. It's a perfect fit with no room for 'close'.
    Thanked by:
    C s G 

Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    Gelaskin now do a skin for the 920