Backing up and restoring "apps+setting/text messages/photos" - Lumia 920

alikokce

Jan 1, 1970
Visit site
Hello,

I have a question about backing up and restoring. I need to reset my phone because of battery issues and I know to backup stuff so I can restore them after reset. So, from Settings>BackUp> all done. But from where can I reach these backup files and how to restore them back to my phone after the reset?

Thank you.

dkp23

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
When you reset your phone, on the part where they ask you to sign into your account linked to your phone, it will ask to restore after that.

Also, you must sign in there if you want to restore, if you skip and think about signing in later, it will not ask you to restore. So do it there.

FYI, your apps will redownload after the restore and some of the settings will remain intact, there are a number of settings that dont though. Make sure you backup your pictures videos through skydrive or onto your pc in addition to your music, those will not get restored.

cddigi

May 3, 2012
Visit site
Yep, like dkp23 said, all your apps start automatically downloading and all your text messages show back up. No photos or videos are put back on the phone, those stay on SkyDrive. When I restored from backup though, I had some programs that just had some generic app name. Those were updates to the Maps, Drive, and such. They won't download from the queue, you have to go back and update those apps manually from the Store. Also, your lock screen comes back but your home screen does not. So take screenshots of your home screen.

alikokce

Jan 1, 1970
Visit site
ok....still looks like stuck at the cog wheels screen and I cant fix it, the reason why I have a mac. All those files I need to download under "fix bricked 920" are ".exe". Now what? :(((

dkp23

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
ok....still looks like stuck at the cog wheels screen and I cant fix it, the reason why I have a mac. All those files I need to download under "fix bricked 920" are ".exe". Now what? :(((

How long you've been on the cogs screen? should be a bit before it starts up.

alikokce

Jan 1, 1970
Visit site
I waited like an hour or so and got bored with it, tried to restart the phone and now stuck on Nokia writing......Have no clue what to do... :(

Alex_A

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
I waited like an hour or so and got bored with it, tried to restart the phone and now stuck on Nokia writing......Have no clue what to do... :(
for me it took more than 12 hours, and so has it done for many others so its not broken until you have given it a day

guys, when prompted to login after a hard-reset, will it restore all contacts and programs from my backup or can you choose to only download your contacts?

i would like to restore just some programs and do it in through the live page.

Jonnny4

Dec 24, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys, I want to do a fresh install and restore my texts and call logs but nothing else, is this possible? If I don't restore from a previous backup is it possible to get the texts and call logs? Or would I have to delete all my apps, accounts and settings, wait for it to backup and then reset?

frendz07

Jul 3, 2013
Visit site
am not able to sign in during intiall start up , and forced to " skip it"
but latter when i sign in it doesnt ask for restoring backupp , what to do??

kwambe5

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Time to do the brick restore process stickied at the top of the Lumia 920 forum. I have done it twice now and it works every time!
Edit: was reading the forums on my phone and did not realize there was more to the thread and posted prematurely.

robertwt7

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys, if i reset my phone to factory settings from about >> reset your phone, will my phone go back to amber? I'm at lumia black windowsphohe 8.1 anyway

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EyeTea