Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 14 of 14
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By timriley
  • 1 Post By agadgetgeek
  1. timriley's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    34 Posts
       #1  
    Just purchased my third Lumia920 today (Rogers, Calgary Canada). This was from a new shipment that arrived on Friday. There were definitely some changes from the Lumia920's I bought just the week before, and the one I bought the week before that. The first and second Lumia920's were carrier locked but the home buttons were noticeably yellower on one than the other, but buttons were very bright on both. The whiter buttoned one was defective with lockups occuring every 12-18hours. The yellow-buttoned lumia has been flawless so far.

    This latest third Lumia920 has whiter buttons but not as bright. There are new Rogers apps installed on the phone that weren't on the first two Lumias: Rogers Anyplace TV Live is now preinstalled on the phone as is One Number. The newest Lumia remains carrier-locked.

    Nice to see that Nokia appears to be quickly updating and revising the Lumias currently in production. Perhaps that is why they are backordered: these first production releases were in limited quantity in order to screen for systemic defects and, now that they've hopefully addressed some of the issues, they will begin ramping up production?
    weetigo likes this.
  2. Spike Tizzle's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    20 Posts
    #2  
    Just got my phone today, so far so good. I accidently deleted the Anyplace TV live, any idea on how I can get it back?
  3. thaddyusmaximus's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    49 Posts
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    #3  
    Factory reset
  4. diapers's Avatar
    Developer

    Posts
    94 Posts
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    #4  
    download it from app store. it's worthless tho
  5. dermotf's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    30 Posts
    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Spike Tizzle View Post
    Just got my phone today, so far so good. I accidently deleted the Anyplace TV live, any idea on how I can get it back?
    You can grab it from the store, although I wouldn't bother unless you want to pay $5 a month for 5 hours.
  6. Spike Tizzle's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    20 Posts
    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by dermotf View Post
    You can grab it from the store, although I wouldn't bother unless you want to pay $5 a month for 5 hours.
    Ahh, alright, I'm not going to get it, seems like a waste in my pov.
  7. Phil M's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1 Posts
    #7  
    What is the hardware revision number on the newest phone you received? (with the new Rogers apps pre installed) (setting>about>hardware revision number)
    Is it still 1.0.0.0?
  8. Dos101's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    433 Posts
    Global Posts
    439 Global Posts
    #8  
    Just got my replacement Lumia 920 shipped to me yesterday. My first one was one of the ones that Rogers shipped out before the official launch and had battery issues/freezing/restarting. That one was manufactured 43/2012 and my new one is a week newer, 44/2012. First one was unlocked, and though I don't have another sim to try in my new one I believe it is unlocked (someone suggested that if you dial ##782# if nothing happens then it's unlocked). Both are Hardware Revision number: 1.0.0.0

    One thing I did notice is that the SIM card tray is different between the two devices. I'll post a pic after work today.
    Nokia Lumia 1520 RM-938 w/ 128GB MicroSD card
    Microsoft Surface 2 32GB w/ Type Cover 2

    Smartphone History: iPhone 3G 8GB -> iPhone 4 8GB -> iPhone 4S 16GB -> Nexus S -> iPhone 4S 16GB -> Lumia 900 -> Lumia 920 -> Lumia 1520

    My Blog: PixelWin

    http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4...25834/xboxone/

  9. alfonz's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    73 Posts
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Dos101 View Post
    Just got my replacement Lumia 920 shipped to me yesterday. My first one was one of the ones that Rogers shipped out before the official launch and had battery issues/freezing/restarting. That one was manufactured 43/2012 and my new one is a week newer, 44/2012. First one was unlocked, and though I don't have another sim to try in my new one I believe it is unlocked (someone suggested that if you dial ##782# if nothing happens then it's unlocked). Both are Hardware Revision number: 1.0.0.0

    One thing I did notice is that the SIM card tray is different between the two devices. I'll post a pic after work today.
    Yeah I had the same issue with my first 920, freezing, locking, powering down, bad rattle on vib, and the top of the bezel clicking while pushing down, the power button felt loose like it was going to fall off. I got it replaced about a week later and the second phone is rock solid. I also tried the ##782# on mine and nothing happened. I do have a TELUS SIM card from my Lumia 800 I could try and see if it is unlocked but I am in fear of locking the device if it isn't. Mine too is revision # 1.0.0.0
  10. alfonz's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    73 Posts
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    #10  
    ***UPDATE****

    I tried my TELUS SIM and it did not work, so the second device is locked. So I don't believe that ##782# check method is valid.
  11. mapleleafs89's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    67 Posts
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    #11  
    Can you guys check the vibration rattle? Worse? Better?
  12. the_thunderbird's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    141 Posts
    Global Posts
    315 Global Posts
    #12  
    Also the heating on the back of the phone when it is on the web - is it okay? I returned my 920 because of it getting really hot. Waiting to jump on WP8 again - just not sure if it will be a 920 or ATIV S atm.
  13. dudedud's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    29 Posts
    #13  
    Where are these pictures?
  14. agadgetgeek's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    16 Posts
    Global Posts
    135 Global Posts
    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by alfonz View Post
    Yeah I had the same issue with my first 920, freezing, locking, powering down, bad rattle on vib, and the top of the bezel clicking while pushing down, the power button felt loose like it was going to fall off. I got it replaced about a week later and the second phone is rock solid. I also tried the ##782# on mine and nothing happened. I do have a TELUS SIM card from my Lumia 800 I could try and see if it is unlocked but I am in fear of locking the device if it isn't. Mine too is revision # 1.0.0.0
    Sounds like I done good by waiting. I received mine last night. No freezes, locks, powering down, rattles or bezel issues.

    In other news. Has anyone noticed frequent APP restarts? It may be keyboard related as for some reason, every so often when I tap a text field and begin typing, the app forcefully restarts on it's own.
    Thanked by:
    david90531 likes this.

Similar Threads

  1. When does the new Lumia come out?
    By jkrc717 in forum Windows Phone 8
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-16-2012, 01:30 AM
  2. Replies: 186
    Last Post: 12-09-2011, 09:18 PM
  3. New York Times App Out..
    By ShipWreck in forum Windows Phone Apps
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-01-2011, 09:30 PM
  4. IS Angry Birds coming out Tomorow ?
    By gibbyhome in forum Windows Phone Games
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 06-30-2011, 04:30 PM
  5. When is the WP7 OS update coming out!?
    By tripower in forum Windows Phone 7
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 02-07-2011, 07:14 PM

Posting Permissions