Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

I do not want to enclose my phone in a case because I really like the color and design. However, I am accident-prone, so a case is almost indispensable, like basic insurance. For anybody using a case or will be using a case, which do you recommend and/or which do you not recommend?

My top choice is the Belkin Surround Case. I would use that with invisibleShield's screen protector.

Global Posts
    455 Global Posts
    I cheated and got a generic micofiber bag on Amazon to keep it scratch free while sliding in and out of my pockets and sitting on my desk. No case though I want to go naked this time. Iw ould have with my Lumia 900 if that silly plastic chrome on the back wasn't so scratch-tastic.

If you are accident prone though I would highly recommend the Otterbox cases though they are built like tanks and can take a few impacts.
    Lots of Protectection:Lumia 920 Case | Defender Series by OtterBox.com
    Less Protection but less bulk: Nokia Lumia 920 Commuter Series case by OtterBox

Global Posts
    1,376 Global Posts
    Leather pocket pouch FTW! Finding one to fit the 920 is another matter.

muvit-pocket-slim-universal-leather-pouch-scottish-brown_0.jpg

Global Posts
    455 Global Posts
    That is actually exactly what I wanted. But ran into the same issue-finding one for the 920 that fits.

Global Posts
    267 Global Posts
    I got that Belkin case first but it really makes the phone a lot wider. I opted for a clear tpu gel case on eBay
    Red Lumia 920

Global Posts
    2,698 Global Posts
    Picked this one up on ebay. It took about a week to arrive.

Global Posts
    334 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KoukiFC3S View Post
    Picked this one up on ebay. It took about a week to arrive.

http://i.imgur.com/O9yHGl.jpg
    we need mooooar pics!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by pjs37 View Post
    That is actually exactly what I wanted. But ran into the same issue-finding one for the 920 that fits.
    Are you talking about the Belkin surround case?

Quote Originally Posted by Sinabu View Post
    I got that Belkin case first but it really makes the phone a lot wider. I opted for a clear tpu gel case on eBay
    Does the TPU gel fully cover your phone? Any problems with call quality like mic and reception?

Quote Originally Posted by pjs37 View Post
    I cheated and got a generic micofiber bag on Amazon to keep it scratch free while sliding in and out of my pockets and sitting on my desk. No case though I want to go naked this time. Iw ould have with my Lumia 900 if that silly plastic chrome on the back wasn't so scratch-tastic.

If you are accident prone though I would highly recommend the Otterbox cases though they are built like tanks and can take a few impacts.
    Lots of Protectection:Lumia 920 Case | Defender Series by OtterBox.com
    Less Protection but less bulk: Nokia Lumia 920 Commuter Series case by OtterBox
    I thought about using an OtterBox case, but it covers too much for my liking even though the case does fully serve its purpose of protecting the phone. If I had it in mind in the first place, I would not have ordered a yellow 920. The main reason why the Belkin surround case is my top choice is because it only covers the edges and leaves most of the color and design visible. In addition, the invisibleShield protector would cover the front and back from scratches. By the way, invisibleShield protectors are 50% off today.

As for the microfiber bag, I love that idea! I never even knew such a thing existed (in bag form), but now I'm considering it as a second option.

I bought a cheap JKase on Amazon, 10 bucks and fits well. Reviews mention the bottom area having a loose part but mine fits nice without this issue. Could appear after longer use but we'll see. Not built for major protection but better than nothing. I like it.

Amazon.com: JKase Premium Quality Nokia Lumia 920 Streamline TPU Case Cover - Retail Packaging - Black: Cell Phones & Accessories

Global Posts
    455 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hellokhemra View Post
    Are you talking about the Belkin surround case?

Does the TPU gel fully cover your phone? Any problems with call quality like mic and reception?

I thought about using an OtterBox case, but it covers too much for my liking even though the case does fully serve its purpose of protecting the phone. If I had it in mind in the first place, I would not have ordered a yellow 920. The main reason why the Belkin surround case is my top choice is because it only covers the edges and leaves most of the color and design visible. In addition, the invisibleShield protector would cover the front and back from scratches. By the way, invisibleShield protectors are 50% off today.

As for the microfiber bag, I love that idea! I never even knew such a thing existed (in bag form), but now I'm considering it as a second option.
    Actually I meant the leather pouch. It protects the phone at its most vulnerable times (Like taking out of your pocket or leaving on a desk or something) but allows you to remove it and remain in awe at the natural beauty of the cell phone.

As for the microfiber pouch I got this one: http://amzn.com/B00570O1DA

Its ok. Barely is tall enough to be honest and the top isn't sewed all the way to the top so when you cinch it shut the corners are exposed. I am thinking I may have my wife make me one that is just right. This phone needs a really tall pouch and wide the 3.5" is barely wide enough and the 5.75" is barely tall enough so if you can find a 3.5"x6" I would say you would be good to go.

Global Posts
    369 Global Posts
    Currently I just use a sun glasses pouch... Nothing thick or fancy. I keep my phone in my back pocket and this keeps lint and scratches from the phone... I really like the way my white phone looks and don't want to put a case on it. I did buy a cheap one from amazon though... I have not received it yet, but will probably use it when I need more protection.