Yellow 920 defective?AT&T cant replace it with yellow, what to do?

lovenokia

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
On my yellow nokia lumia 920 the screen seems to be coming out on the right side, att can only replace it with red because they cant order yellow. What are my options? Should i try to contact Nokia care for a replacement device?
Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited by a moderator:

pjs37

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
Re: Yellow 920 defective?artt cant replace it with yellow, what to do?

Yeah its better to just try and deal with Nokia at that point. So far a lot of people seem to be getting good support from them.

JConn_Lefty

Jan 1, 1970
Visit site

i've never call nokia for service before but i can tell you this. ATT is by far, one of the worst companies to deal with.

Rant mode on*
so when i ordered my lumia online, the website specifically stated, "you must add the wireless charger at the time of check-out". well, it was showing "sold out" and it wouldn't allow me to add it to the cart. i called att and i literally had to explain myself to the rep three times (took over 10 minutes for her to finally understand). she just kept telling me, "well, just order the phone now and you can order the charger later". she simply couldn't comprehend what i was trying to do. now, mind you, i'm not a english professor by any means and english is my second language, but i speak clearly and i try and keep it simple. this isn't the worst part. she could have had one of those days at work (god knows we all do). but the problem occurred when i called back two days later to confirm my order. the other rep couldn't find my order number. heck, she couldn't even find any evidence of me calling in about the order. now, logic should kick in and the rep could've done a better job. instead of giving me solutions, they basically told me i was screwed and i wont be getting a free charger because the order was already made. wow right???

long story short, i got my charger but the crap they make you go through is just ridiculous. i hate att with a passion. if it wasn't for the lumia 920, i'd be with another company.

lovenokia

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site

So Nokia could not replace the phone, they told me to go to att. So looks like no more yellow, argh this sucks.

perspicuity

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site

Have you called AT&T customer service? I find that none of my problems ever get resolved in a retail store but AT&T always fixes my issue over the phone. In my experience, if you sound jolly and understanding they'll give you what you want.

pjs37

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site

So Nokia could not replace the phone, they told me to go to att. So looks like no more yellow, argh this sucks.

That seems...odd...They have a warranty on the phone right? So they have to honor that warranty. Did you do the internet chat or did you call them? I find most online chat things to be useless. And this seems to fly in the face of other Nokia CS threads. If that doesn't work try sending an email to Stephen Elop at Nokia. I doubt he would actually read it but it does go through a different process especially if you are having issues using their official channels.

lovenokia

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
I called, well I did not understand the guy too well, but pretty much he said he couldn't help. I then did the internet chat and that did not help me at all, he said I had to do it through att. I have not emailed the CEO though.

AZBrowncoat

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I had to accept a Red Lumia as a replacement for my Yellow Lumia...AT&T store couldn't even order Yellow or Cyan in their system yesterday.

...not happy that I couldn't get a same color replacement.

lovenokia

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
I had a cyan and had to exchange it for a white one. Sad day but bright side this phone is perfect!
The yellow one is like a unicorn phone, it is impossible to find anywhere, the att reps were shocked how I had a yellow NL920 they looked at it like a unicorn was in front of their eyes. lol, hopefully my next phone will not be faulty.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon