The king is back baby!

Resident Evil 7: Biohazard Review — a series risen from the dead

Fitness Apps

Keep your New Year's fitness resolutions with these great Windows 10 apps!

One Windows

Microsoft is building a new Windows 10 Shell for PC, Mobile and Xbox

Get ready for beta!

Halo Wars 2 Blitz: Game modes, beginner's tips, and more

On the Inside

Everything you need to know about the Xbox Insider Program

Beautiful compromises

Surface Studio review: you'll want one, even if you don't need one

3-in-1

Is this the Surface Phone? Microsoft awarded patents for foldable devices

Windows Central Offers

MCSE Certification bundle is just $39

Even more improvements

All the changes found in Windows 10 build 15007!

Games as a Service

What does the cancellation of Scalebound mean for future Xbox exclusives?

Windows Central Offers

Save $90 on these FRESHeBUDS Pro Magnetic Bluetooth Earbuds

Returning for 2017

We're back with an new episode of #AskDanWindows

Lifetime Subscription

VPNSecure is currently 91% off

Our favorite things

The Best of CES 2017 Awards

Infinity Edge in your hand

The XPS 13 2-in-1 is the Dell convertible we've always wanted

Project Valerie

Razer just made a laptop with three — THREE! — 17-inch 4K displays. 😱

Great design from Palo Alto

HP's CES 2017 releases are truly gorgeous PCs

Intel and Google's big day

CES 2017 Day Two: New laptops, new phones, and old ideas made new

Take five is better than ever

The updated Lenovo ThinkPad X1 packs Kaby Lake chips and zero bloatware

Everything we know about the next Xbox: Project Scorpio

< >
Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 8 of 8
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By mikewp
  • 1 Post By ChadWilliams23
  • 1 Post By invisik
  • 1 Post By LikeWaah
  1. LikeWaah's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    114 Posts
       #1  
    Hey guys, maybe someone here can help me.

    My phone died yesterday, and I forgot to charge it overnight. So it's been dead for a minimum of 8 hours, and a maximum of 24 hours. I grabbed my USB cable, and decided to charge my phone from my computer at work.

    I get to work, plug it in, and let it charge. I check 15 minutes later, and it still hasn't turned on. I thought that maybe the amperage from the computer wasn't high enough, so I asked my co-worker if she had a wall adapter. She did, it was an HTC one, but I figure it's okay. Plug it in, let it sit for 30 minutes. Still nothing.

    The HTC adapter apparently outputs roughly 1A. I google and find that the provided Nokia charger outputs 1.3A. So I think, it should work, but maybe there's a minimum amperage required.

    So I get home, and I plug it into the Nokia wall charger. 15 minutes, nothing.

    It's now been sitting on the wireless charger for the past 30 minutes. The light from the wireless charger is lit up, but it is unresponsive.

    If the phone doesn't turn on tonight, I will leave it plugged into the wall charger overnight. If it won't turn on in the morning, I'm exchanging it or something.

    Does anyone have any ideas?
  2. ChadWilliams23's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    42 Posts
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    #2  
    Try holding the power button and volume down at the same time?
  3. mikewp's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    140 Posts
    Global Posts
    150 Global Posts
    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by LikeWaah View Post
    Hey guys, maybe someone here can help me.

    My phone died yesterday, and I forgot to charge it overnight. So it's been dead for a minimum of 8 hours, and a maximum of 24 hours. I grabbed my USB cable, and decided to charge my phone from my computer at work.

    I get to work, plug it in, and let it charge. I check 15 minutes later, and it still hasn't turned on. I thought that maybe the amperage from the computer wasn't high enough, so I asked my co-worker if she had a wall adapter. She did, it was an HTC one, but I figure it's okay. Plug it in, let it sit for 30 minutes. Still nothing.

    The HTC adapter apparently outputs roughly 1A. I google and find that the provided Nokia charger outputs 1.3A. So I think, it should work, but maybe there's a minimum amperage required.

    So I get home, and I plug it into the Nokia wall charger. 15 minutes, nothing.

    It's now been sitting on the wireless charger for the past 30 minutes. The light from the wireless charger is lit up, but it is unresponsive.

    If the phone doesn't turn on tonight, I will leave it plugged into the wall charger overnight. If it won't turn on in the morning, I'm exchanging it or something.

    Does anyone have any ideas?
    Downloaded the Fandango app this morning and left it running. Came out to my car after work and the phone was dead. This hasn't happened before at all. Have always had at least 70% at the end of day, so I'm pointing the finger at the Fandango app.

    Anyway, I did almost exactly the same thing you did. I put it on the wireless charger first, then plugged it into my computer via USB, then plugged it into an outlet using an old wall charger, finally plugged in the Nokia wall charger that came with the phone (wasn't conveniently out). Let it charge for at least 15 minutes if not 20 or so and it finally came on. I would say to do the same since our experience seems to be similar. Leave it plugged in at least 30 minutes just to rule out the wall charger if it still won't come on.
    LikeWaah likes this.
  4. LikeWaah's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    114 Posts
       #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by ChadWilliams23 View Post
    Try holding the power button and volume down at the same time?
    Should I be pressing the volume up or down?

    Quote Originally Posted by mikewp View Post
    Leave it plugged in at least 30 minutes just to rule out the wall charger if it still won't come on.
    Okay, will do. I'll give a good hour since I need to eat dinner anyways.
  5. ChadWilliams23's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    42 Posts
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    #5  
    Volume down
    LikeWaah likes this.
  6. invisik's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    114 Posts
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    #6  
    Yeah sounds like it might be hung. Do that reset or press and hold the power button itself until it vibrates or the screen comes on. Mine got kinda stuck like that once.
    LikeWaah likes this.
  7. LikeWaah's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    114 Posts
       #7  
    IT'S AAAALIIIIVVVVE!!

    Thank you, thank you, thank you! I don't think I've been this happy to see my phone turn on in a lonnng time!
    Klevis likes this.
  8. mikewp's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    140 Posts
    Global Posts
    150 Global Posts
    #8  
    sweet! I tried that on mine before putting on the charger and that didn't work. The battery showed dead and the phone came on automatically after about 20 minutes on the charger. Either way, good feeling when it comes back to life!

Similar Threads

  1. Windows Phone Trophy not charging -- software bug??
    By feeked in forum Windows Phone 7
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-25-2012, 11:56 PM
  2. Battery replaced phone still not charging
    By blackbriar511 in forum Samsung Focus
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-16-2012, 09:51 AM
  3. phone not charging
    By ALborntoride in forum Samsung Focus
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-16-2011, 05:09 PM

Posting Permissions