Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By MF73

Are they converted to .GIF files or are they still .JPG when you try to share them? If so, then this feature is useless.

They are already .gif files when you save them to your phone. You can just email it, or skydrive it.

Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    They remain .jpgs, just tested it myself.

No, they are saved as gifs. If you connect your phone to your computer via USB and transfer it that way, or save to your skydrive and download it to your computer.

I tried it myself, and you're right, if you try to email it, it will be a jpg.

it's a shame for nokia. you want to share this with friend? just dont send via email, save it to computer or cloud then download again.

I just manually saved it to my skydrive, then downloaded it from skydrive on my laptop. Properties say its a .gif file, then I uploaded it to imgur, yet it doesn't have any animation. Am I doing something wrong?
    Editor

Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    might have to click on the image view to start the animations? As mentioned you can send them via email or share them via Skydrive.
    The biggest downside is the size of the file.
    George Ponder
    Reviews Editor - Windows Phone Central
    Email: george.ponder@wpcentral.com
    Twitter: @coppertop004

Global Posts
    1,107 Global Posts
    Yeah i think this is shortfall of this one (sharing aspect), but as Nokia has been updating every other app i hope we soon that being added in the near future.

Quote Originally Posted by Adlai91 View Post
    I just manually saved it to my skydrive, then downloaded it from skydrive on my laptop. Properties say its a .gif file, then I uploaded it to imgur, yet it doesn't have any animation. Am I doing something wrong?
    Do other gifs show animation where you are viewing it? Not everything is able to show those gifs.

When you view it in skydrive (on PC), it displays as a jpg, but if you right click, and select view original, it'll show you the gif.

Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    when you view originals does it animate?

Would be nice if you could pin them to the front screen and have them animate rather than static.
    CamiKitti likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by MF73 View Post
    Would be nice if you could pin them to the front screen and have them animate rather than static.
    Yeah, that would be pretty cool, especially if you could dictate what part of the image gets shown.

Yup, that is another shortcoming when pinning a pic to the front page!
    Quote Originally Posted by therealper View Post
    it's a shame for nokia. you want to share this with friend? just dont send via email, save it to computer or cloud then download again.
    You don't download again. You put it in cloud and give the link to whoever wants to see.