Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

I just found this and thought I'd seen some people complaining that the phone didn't support it.

If you would like a different ringtone depending on who calls go to the people app. Choose the person and then choose edit. Tap ringtone and choose the tone you want for that person. I haven't checked to see if custom ringtones can be used here as well yet, but there are a pretty large number of choices.
    Thanked by:

Sometimes I feel like WP8 has secrets that need to be found..

Global Posts
    455 Global Posts
    You may want to post this in the WP8 Newbie Tips thread so that the new users have a nice central spot to go look as not all of them may have a Lumia 920. Good post though useful feature for people who may want to avoid...I mean enjoy specific ringtones for certain people.

Quote Originally Posted by pjs37 View Post
    You may want to post this in the WP8 Newbie Tips thread so that the new users have a nice central spot to go look as not all of them may have a Lumia 920. Good post though useful feature for people who may want to avoid...I mean enjoy specific ringtones for certain people.
    Good point, I've added a post in that thread as well...

One quesiton concerning ring tones. I downloaded the park and recreation -theme from music store to be my ringtone. I was surprised that I couldn't do that except by connecting my phone via usb to pc, then moving the song to pc and then back as "ringtone". Then it was found under ringtone -list? Is it really so that I can't convert music songs in my phone to ringtones without connecting to pc?
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptDjob View Post
    Is it really so that I can't convert music songs in my phone to ringtones without connecting to pc?
    Yes, it is. The only way "around" this are some of the free ringtone apps that essentially download ringtones right into that folder. I haven't looked into whether or not there is an actual ringtone maker on in the store yet.

Global Posts
    668 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lordofthereef View Post
    Yes, it is. The only way "around" this are some of the free ringtone apps that essentially download ringtones right into that folder. I haven't looked into whether or not there is an actual ringtone maker on in the store yet.
    FWIW, "YouRang" used to be a good app for custom ringtones it pulled songs from Youtube and converted them to ringtones. However since an update it unfortunately stopped working and it's not available for WP8 at the moment.