Does your phone still feel big or heavy?

mikewp

Sep 25, 2012
Visit site
So when I first got my 800, I was delighted with the size. I felt good that I hadn't given in to the "big phone" frenzy (including the 900). But... I started talking myself into things and decided I might appreciate the larger screen real-estate once the 920 was released.

I was prepared for the phone to be big and solid. Happily it wasn't THAT big and although it was weightier I liked the solid feel. I also knew that the phone would feel normal..even "just right" at some point. That point was a couple nights ago, when I was checking a message and realized just how perfect the phone feels.

I say to any potential Nokia 920 purchasers... beware. The quality build and feel of this phone is going to ruin you for any other phone.

pjs37

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
You should see my right arm biceps now they are all big and strong because of the Lumia 920 added weight. I now win all arm-wrestling matches when I can use my "Good Arm"

TK2011

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I think it's a fine size for men. It fits into my tight jean pocket perfectly well. Some girls might not like it in their jeans, but grown up women usually carry it in a purse so a couple of ounces shouldn't be a big factor at all. My wife actually preferred the big screen of 920 over little ones.

GSOgymrat

May 15, 2012
Visit site
The 920 never felt too big or heavy from the first time I picked it up. A lot of people are not old enough to appreciate just how small the 920 really is.

yuppie80s.jpg

invisik

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
I think its proportionally correct so it works. The 8X is too light for the size, IMHO.

I will say with the black matte finish being a little slippery, gravity does tend to help it slide out of the hand.

Oh I also find my fingertip wants to snuggle up inside the camera lens when holding it too. Wish it was mounted a tad higher.

-m

lottidah

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
It felt perfect the first time we met! :) I still have my HTC Sensation laying around and I can't believe how cheap it feels to me now. You're right, it ruined me for all other phones.

ddizon

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
finally got my phone in today! in all honesty... I prefer the weight of the phone! it feels like its well built, and can take a beating.

My mother, has the S3 its light but I feel like I can break it just putting it on my pocket!

this phone so far is amazing! just have to tweak around with things to get the phone to be "ME"

note to future owners.

don't mind the weight, its great =P

erzhik

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
It's not heavy, not even close to it. There is a line where weight of smartphones needs to stop without going lighter. When a smartphone is light, it just feels like a plastic toy. I love the weight of my 920. It feels like a quality product.

Spike Tizzle

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Just got the phone today.

When I picked up, you can definitely notice the weight.

But honestly, its a trade off. Its a great build quality, does not feel cheap for sure.

My brother has the 4s, another brother has Galaxy Nexus and my dad has the Note.

They are all lighter than this phone.

But I wouldn't pick any of them over this phone.

mikewp

Sep 25, 2012
Visit site
Just got the phone today.

When I picked up, you can definitely notice the weight.

But honestly, its a trade off. Its a great build quality, does not feel cheap for sure.

My brother has the 4s, another brother has Galaxy Nexus and my dad has the Note.

They are all lighter than this phone.

But I wouldn't pick any of them over this phone.

Ya Spike, now.. enjoy your phone for a couple weeks. At some point it's probably going to hit you how perfect the phone feels. At that point pick up the 4s, Galaxy, and Note and I think you will find the difference really striking.

Davidkoh

Oct 3, 2012
Visit site
Having my iPhone 4 in one hand and my Lumia 920 in the other I can barely feel any sort of difference so no, I don't even notice the weight. It's not as if the arm i'm wearing my watch on feels heavier than the one i'm not wearing a watch on.

As for the size though, I don't find it big but it is definitely bigger than my iPhone 4. I got mine yesterday so I've yet to test how it feels in my suit pocket but will do that today.

gbbg

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
The comparative weight test with an iPhone4 (with a TPU case) makes the Lumia only slightly heavy. But after holding it up in one hand, in bed, it's substantially heavier as in I could feel the weight and could hold for less time than I can/could with iPhone.
I think it would take sometime to get used to.
But the phone itself feels sturdy and solid.

Jmaxim

Banned
Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I think its proportionally correct so it works. The 8X is too light for the size, IMHO.

I will say with the black matte finish being a little slippery, gravity does tend to help it slide out of the hand.

Oh I also find my fingertip wants to snuggle up inside the camera lens when holding it too. Wish it was mounted a tad higher.

-m
I'm having the same problem with the cyan matte finish, very slippery in my hand, I know I will be dropping it very soon. Who designs this stuff, better yet who makes the final decision?

lordofthereef

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
Put me down for never having issues. The only time I notice is when I have my wife's iPhone 5 in my hands. TEHN it feels like a tank. BUT, I still don't really mind. There are plenty of things I like about the weight and size, such as actually feeling the phone in my pocket (lnowing its there) as well as being able to feel a vibrate alert (again, while in my pocket) for the first time in my life while walking.

mikewp

Sep 25, 2012
Visit site
I'm having the same problem with the cyan matte finish, very slippery in my hand, I know I will be dropping it very soon. Who designs this stuff, better yet who makes the final decision?

Get out and do some physical work and roughen up/strengthen those hands dude :). I have the cyan phone and it feels very secure.

blackfire

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
I love how the 920 feels in the hand. I had the matte black first and now the red one. I thought the shiny finish didn't look good at first, but it has grown a lot on me, and to me it definitely feels more secured in the hand.

Al_2

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I like how it's a bit heavier. When I first got it I did notice the weight but now I don't even notice it. I did give it to a friend the other day and the first thing he said was 'it's quite heavy'. Picking up people's iPhones now - they feel so light and not in a good way!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster