My GPS Seems Useless

lordofthereef

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
I did a bit of a search and couldn't find anything, so I am not sure if this is a "known issue". On my first review of the phone I mentioned a few things about the gps. I have a different handset altogether now because traded my black for Cyan. I am having GPS issues, but this time it seems worse. What effectively happens is the app (Nokia Drive) thinks I am at a standstill every now and then. It doesn't claim to have list signal, which is generally indicated in read at the bottom of the screen. Rather it just thinks I am sitting there. Then all of a sudden it will work again after I may have already missed a turn/exit. I hadn't used it too much since swapping it out before today due to having the holiday off and spending it with family, but today was especially bad. I resorted to using my wife's iPhone (yes, the maps that everyone, including myself have complained about).

So... anyone else having similar issues? I just did a full restore two nights ago (to try and troubleshoot some battery issues, which seemed to go ok) but this GPS thing is bothersome. I partly wanted to try out something like Navigon, but don't want to drop $50 just as a test...

Kissanviikset

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
I had this same issue when there was problem with Nokia maps and update failed to install. I did not however test Nokia drive before that map failure and i reset my phone in order to get maps that work. After reset Nokia drive worked properly and position was updated in every second. Now when map issue is fixed Nokia drive also works just fine.

When i had that GPS positioning issue i noticed that GPS was working since it displayed changes in my car speed. Cause could be in that Nokia Drive+ Beta software. It sometime tell me that i have no maps downloaded even when i have. Maybe if you reinstall Nokia Drive and see if it fixes your problem.

lordofthereef

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
Didn't fix anything. Still locks up. I actually went back to MS and they were willing to swap it out wen I explained the issue, but no cyan. So I wait...

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Had the same issue today. Nokia maps showed me at the right location initially, but when I started Nokia Drive it told me 'map download recommended' (had already downloaded all maps) and it showed me at some remote location, not moving. gMaps didn't locate me either, very frustrating. By the time I had restarted the phone and found GPS signal I was almost at my destination. Hope this was a one-time thing.

ale_ers

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I had this same issue while traveling this week. Everything worked a few weeks ago when I took a few small trips around home, but they were very short. Not sure if it was the duration or a bad cell signal. Even when I tried to use just the map (not Nokia Drive) it seemed to lose the GPS signal; which makes me think it might not just be software related.

Hope it will get fixed, because it was failing me right when I needed it most.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05