Bluetooth headset LOW Volume???

Wilson920

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I've notice that calls and music that comes through my Bluetooth headset are extremely low. I can never hear the person on the other end. Does anyone else have this problem? Just need to know if this is a common issue before I send this phone in for a new one...BTW, using a Nokia bh headset.

lordofthereef

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
Common? I am not sure. There is another thread on it though, so I know others are having the issue. I personally feel the phone is quiter in all instances than really any other modern phone I have used, but not to the point that I am unable to use it.

Wilson920

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Really appreciate the reply...the other phone volumes are descent for my taste. Its just a tad annoying when u have to constantly ask someone to repeat themselves or not be able to drive and hear your conversation. Only happens with my BT headset though...

mclark2112

Feb 8, 2005
Visit site
That's why mine had to go back. I loved everything about the 920, but couldn't use it as phone. I am waiting for the Q1 update to see if this does anything before I try anything else.

I also found that when I listened to music, I had to have it cranked to 30, and that was just about right. My iPhone is about at half or 3/4 volume.

Boggy79

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I wouldn't say it's too low but I used the same headset with my HD7 and it's definitely quiter. Had to put it up to full volume.
Normal calls and the built-in speakers are the opposite, almost deafening at max volume.

mclark2112

Feb 8, 2005
Visit site
So, I got another 920, I lo e this phone! I fixed my mp3 volume issue by encoding my mp3s with a higher volume.

But the Bluetooth volume is still low. I am going to try some different gels, and try to fi d something that is more in-ear. Hopefully that will do it.

Any suggestions on loud Bluetooth headsets?

MS_SURVEYOR

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
I read the same about BT and volume before buying our 920's. I was worried because my wife and I use BT head sets almost exclusively. Can't stand to hold a prone while talking. Speaker just has too many background noises, and not having control of the phone or holding them in hand. Just don't work. We both got Jawbone IRA's a month or so before getting 920's. Well the first thing I notice riding home from the AT&T store was my volume on the BT was way too low. The Jawbone ERA has automatic volume control. But it has a manual volume control override in the only button on the headset. I pushed that button down until it hit the highest volume and went to the lowest volume. I cycled through that again until I until I stopped on the BT highest volume. I then had to lower my 920 to a lower volume because because it was blasting me away. I find myself lowering my 920 back and forth from 4 to 7 to hear comfortably. And I have a hearing problem. I wonder if that is part of the problems? Well thanks for reading. Hope this will help. If not, good luck.

Ronald Brown

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
I have noticed this also. With my in ear headset I can normally hear the other person but it is still not as loud as I need it to be. If I pair the 920 with a car I can not hear the other person at all even if I turn the volume all the way up. This just seems strange to me.

awesomeindeed

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
My 900 did this and my 920 does it as well. Also every time I get or make a call I have to turn the volume up on my headset again. It's almost like it is call-specific and reverts back to the lowest setting after the call is ended. Same behavior on both phones. Have verified it with two different headsets, one Motorola and one Plantronics.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium