Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1.    #1  
    Hi there.

Basically what happens is 50/60% of the time most of the built in apps (messaging/email etc) just don't even start and return to the start screen straight away. Really annoying, also for some reason I can't seem to send any texts in the small chance that it actually gets through to the messaging page.

Anyone had this issue? Is there a resolution?

Regards,
    Christian

i had observed this once in weather application (not built in app though), simply uninstalling/reinstalling cycle solved my problem.
    have you tried restarting phone?
  3.    #3  
    Many many times. I can't uninstall "messaging" though can I?

Global Posts
    2,287 Global Posts
    This is occurring with my camera. I have to volume down and power it to get it to come back. Twice now it hasn't responded to that and I've had to reset the phone.

Global Posts
    212 Global Posts
    This sounds like you might need to take it back and get a new one. Not sure what the problem is but all my built in apps start every time with no problems.

gl

Global Posts
    560 Global Posts
    That should very rarely if ever happen with built-in apps. I've had the browser crash on me maybe twice, and other than that it has been third party apps. If messaging, e-mail, and other basic apps are doing that frequently then that's a problem you should call support about.

I'm having the exact same problem. I get notifications, but when I open the app, it may let me interact for a minute, but then will crash. The notification remains on the tile, too. I have my phone plugged into my computer and I restarted it while it was plugged it. My computer was trying to install the Nokia BOOTMGR driver, but failed. This may be the issue, but I can't seem to find the driver online anywhere. Does anyone have it?

UPDATE:
    I found the solution. Uninstall Skype. It's causing your Microsoft Account to be in a constantly syncing state, which means you can't access your messaging, email, etc. Remove Skype and the issue should be resolved. I'd wait to reinstall Skype until it's no longer in a preview release.

UPDATE 2:
    So after removing Skype, I had to turn my phone on Airplane Mode. Then if you go into Email+Accounts, click on Microsoft Account, and it'll say there's an error. It might be different for you, but it told me there was an error syncing one of my contacts, so I went to the contact it said there was an error for and deleted it. Then I turned Airplane Mode off, and it successfully synced, and all of the problems have been resolved since.

I hope this works for you!
    Last edited by wtf_aleks; 11-28-2012 at 01:52 PM.

my Camera app is crashing frequently, even after hard reset.
    what has to be done ?