Hi there.

Basically what happens is 50/60% of the time most of the built in apps (messaging/email etc) just don't even start and return to the start screen straight away. Really annoying, also for some reason I can't seem to send any texts in the small chance that it actually gets through to the messaging page.

Anyone had this issue? Is there a resolution?

Regards,
    Christian
    11-28-2012 04:39 AM
    i had observed this once in weather application (not built in app though), simply uninstalling/reinstalling cycle solved my problem.
    have you tried restarting phone?
    11-28-2012 04:44 AM
    Many many times. I can't uninstall "messaging" though can I?
    11-28-2012 04:55 AM
    This is occurring with my camera. I have to volume down and power it to get it to come back. Twice now it hasn't responded to that and I've had to reset the phone.
    11-28-2012 05:29 AM
    This sounds like you might need to take it back and get a new one. Not sure what the problem is but all my built in apps start every time with no problems.

gl
    11-28-2012 05:39 AM
    That should very rarely if ever happen with built-in apps. I've had the browser crash on me maybe twice, and other than that it has been third party apps. If messaging, e-mail, and other basic apps are doing that frequently then that's a problem you should call support about.
    11-28-2012 07:44 AM
    I'm having the exact same problem. I get notifications, but when I open the app, it may let me interact for a minute, but then will crash. The notification remains on the tile, too. I have my phone plugged into my computer and I restarted it while it was plugged it. My computer was trying to install the Nokia BOOTMGR driver, but failed. This may be the issue, but I can't seem to find the driver online anywhere. Does anyone have it?

UPDATE:
    I found the solution. Uninstall Skype. It's causing your Microsoft Account to be in a constantly syncing state, which means you can't access your messaging, email, etc. Remove Skype and the issue should be resolved. I'd wait to reinstall Skype until it's no longer in a preview release.

UPDATE 2:
    So after removing Skype, I had to turn my phone on Airplane Mode. Then if you go into Email+Accounts, click on Microsoft Account, and it'll say there's an error. It might be different for you, but it told me there was an error syncing one of my contacts, so I went to the contact it said there was an error for and deleted it. Then I turned Airplane Mode off, and it successfully synced, and all of the problems have been resolved since.

I hope this works for you!
    Last edited by wtf_aleks; 11-28-2012 at 01:52 PM.
    11-28-2012 11:43 AM
    my Camera app is crashing frequently, even after hard reset.
    what has to be done ?
    03-15-2013 12:02 PM
    Hi there.

Basically what happens is 50/60% of the time most of the built in apps (messaging/email etc) just don't even start and return to the start screen straight away. Really annoying, also for some reason I can't seem to send any texts in the small chance that it actually gets through to the messaging page.

Anyone had this issue? Is there a resolution?

Regards,
    Christian
    I've had the same problem.. The cause was that the memory was full, so i bought an sd card.. And i connected the cellphone to the pc and manually moved each file from the phone to the sd card
    05-21-2016 07:23 AM