11-29-2012 08:14 PM
- No, not offended.
Just irritated that people come here and post 1-3 times and all they are posting for is to tell us they don't like the phone and they are getting an iPhone or some Samsh*t.
Why would anyone care to hear that?
No one gives a **** that you are trading your phone in. Just trade it in and STFU.
There is absolutely zero need or purpose to post on your way out.11-28-2012 11:32 PM
- I don't understand why some people can't believe there may an issue with their beloved Lumia 920s. I am on my second one and will probably return it for an 8x. My first had horrible battery life. It didn't last more than 8 hours with moderate usage. My boss also purchased a 920 the same day. We compared settings. He had everything turned on including the brightness was set at high. I had everything turned off. My battery drained 2x faster than his. The phone finally bricked and I returned it. My AT&T store said they had three other red 920s returned for similar issues. They ordered another red one and provided a new white one as a temporary replacement.
The battery life on the replacement is better but not good. I can get 10 hours with moderate usage. Email syncs manually and eveything else turned off including background tasks. I should buy an older Android phone if I need to tune the phone to survive an eight hour work day. The replacement phone has issues with Bluetooth in my BMW and several other bluetooth headsets. It freezes the phone. The phone has been frozen with a black screen twice while just sitting on my desk.
There is no need to bash people for pointing out problems they are having with their Lumia. My boss is the biggest MS fanboy. The only problem he experienced with his Lumia is pausing when streaming music through bluetooth. He has witnessed my issues with two separate phone and admits that I have done nothing wrong.
Don't tell me I am doing something wrong. I may be unlucky to have gotten two bad phones. No smartphone or OS is perfect, but some people on this forum act is if MS and Nokia can do no wrong.
Last edited by fsmith328; 11-29-2012 at 08:11 AM.11-29-2012 07:58 AM
- Honestly, I think it's the battery saver meter. The other day, I got up and pulled my phone off the charger and did some browsing, read a recap, checked some email. When I went to leave for work 30 minutes or so later, I was down to 80%. I'm not sure what happened, maybe I didn't have the plug in all the way...but anyway, haven't had a problem since. In fact, my battery is fantastic. This morning I had Bluetooth on, did some quick browsing at the vet, took a picture which uploaded to my skydrive, got home and my battery was still reporting 100%.
Everyone that has battery issues, I highly recommend a recharging pad or stand. I agree that it shouldn't be necessary, but makes it so easy to keep topped off while at work. And my wifi stays on, The constant switching on and off can't be helping battery issues.11-29-2012 08:32 AM
Steve Job's blamed end users for the poor antenna receptions for the iPhone 4....see problem solved just blame the end user for holding it wrong or in 'some' lumia 920's....cough actually using the device.
Some users are having problem...some are not...I wouldn't blame the end user for some devices not having poor battery life11-29-2012 08:51 AM
- Please give your 920 a week before you give up due to battery life.
I thought it sucked for the first 3 days too, showing that it almost dead in less than 10 hours. I was trying to turn off everything possible just to make it home, charging it in my car to get a boost.
Yesterday i had it off a charger from 8 am to after midnight, and still had 37% left. NFC, WiFi, Location are all on. I used it moderately all day, including some games, podcasts, and streaming video, txts and phone calls.
I didn't uninstall any apps, or factory reset, though twice I've had to soft reset it. The main thing I did to "fix" the battery is to turn it back on after it shut off one night. I then put it through constant use for almost an hour before it "really" ran out of juice. After a full overnight charge, my battery life has been great ever since. It's a calibration issue, nothing more. The software is cutting off the power way too early out of the box.11-29-2012 09:02 AM
- What mpelti is saying really is true. There is definitely something finicky about the battery life when you first get the phone... my was exactly the same. I'm not sure what I did that ended the problem, or whether it ended on its own, but my battery life has been great ever since - and I was getting worried early on.11-29-2012 10:16 AM
- 11-29-2012 10:33 AM
- My GS3 international lasts about 2 days on stand by and at the very minimum a day and a half. The Note 2 is said to last way longer according to reviews and my HTC 8x is lucky to last until 1am, sometimes it won't even make 11pm, which is more than enough for me but it still pales in comparison to the Android phone you guys like to laugh about.
Also, the Note 2 doesn't try to be a smaller phone like the Lumia 920 does. As long as it is smaller than the LG Optimus Vu and Original Note, it passes the size test with lying colors. The Lumia 920 however, fails the size test hard considering most 4.7 and 4.8 inch phones are much, much easier to handle and pocket.11-29-2012 11:09 AM
Coming here to post about legitimate problems in hopes of finding a solution is completely different.11-29-2012 11:11 AM
I have both. Probably wouldn't try to run any phone over with the car, so I'm not sure what the point of that was.11-29-2012 11:18 AM
- 11-29-2012 11:18 AM
- So what are u going to do spend 250 on a giant phone that's kinda flimsy running on a notoriously buggy OS and a stylist that gets lost in a month and then have to upgrade in a year anyway or spend 99 get a well built phone with great specs that's going to last and enjoy your phone then upgrade I mean Android is good and all but there is a reason the batteries are all removable .. its because at least once a week it freezes and the only way to restart it is to remove the battery .. believe me I've been there .. if you like Android great but please go tell people that give a sh!! On the Android forums .. Haha seriously why waste your time on this website If your in love with Android right ?11-29-2012 11:19 AM
- That's not what this is about. It's about people who post a few times and it's all about how they are trading their Windows Phone back in after 2 days and going back to Android/iPhone. That is completely pointless.
Coming here to post about legitimate problems in hopes of finding a solution is completely different.
Most of us haven't had any major issues with our devices or are willing to ride it out while they get fixed with firmware updates or os updates. WP8 is still a brand new OS after all.11-29-2012 11:21 AM
- 11-29-2012 11:21 AM
Pretty sure there's an extensive thread about the tops of peoples phones creaking and flexing (mine does and so did every display in the store). Another about dust in the FFC. Don't be 100% sold on the "built much better" notion. Gorgeous device though, no doubt.11-29-2012 11:28 AM
- 11-29-2012 11:52 AM
- My lumia was getting horrible battery life when I first got it. This lasted for 3 days, after that Ive been amaze with the battery on this phone. I have an ATT unlimited data plan and as a test I stream music from Xbox music for 3.5 hours over LTE, and I only lost 15% of my battery, and music was not the only thing I was doing, I didn't turn anything off except for the Wi-Fi (dont need it); emails, notifications, live tiles, everything is running on default settings, and I only lost 10% my old one X is usually showed closed to a 40% drainage by the same time with only 2 hour of streaming.
Then I heard that people loosing up to 40% of battery life when recording video in 1080P after just 4 min of recording. Well I took my lumia for a drive and started recording. I recorded 10 something min of 1080p footage and only lost 7% percent battery. During the honeymoon period with the phone my phone got off the charger at 5:00am and back to it around 10:00pm with 35% to 40% of its charge and now with just regular use am almost always above 50%.
Seeing so many people report problems with the battery tells me that theres definitely something going on with it, but I know from first hand than when the phone works like is supposed to work, is an amazing piece of hardware.
If Nokia manages to fix the camera before Apple and anyone from camp Google get its next generation of hardware out and Microsoft manages to persuade more developers to develop for the platform, this phone will be untouchable, and thats coming from someone that have used both IOS and Android.11-29-2012 12:27 PM
- Some people around these forums crack me up with their RAWR GTFO mentality. I sometimes get the feeling that they are offended that someone else didn't like their smartphone/device of choice. What works for you might not work for the next person. If that was the case, we would all be running around with the same exact phone if there was a clear winner. Be mad at something else other than things like this. There is a whole world that could use some of that anger put towards a good cause. Grow the He!! up.11-29-2012 12:52 PM
- Ha ha, you should go to the Apple forums if you think it's bad here! These posts are mild in comparison. I will never understand how some folks get an almost 'religious fevor' over their OS/tech of choice. It's almost like their self-esteem is tied to their gadgets. I suppose for some it is.
Most people don't care about what OS you use. It's "Bye bye lumia" posts that get people angry.11-29-2012 12:54 PM
- I had my phone for 7 days before returning it to the Microsoft store. Didn't want to wait until the 13th or 14th day where they may make it difficult on me to get my $450 back. I really like the phone. Wished I didn't have to return it. I'm a Microsoft fan. Love my Surface btw.11-29-2012 12:59 PM
- By TheWeeBear in forum ZuneReplies: 22Last Post: 08-21-2012, 01:48 PM
- By TheWeeBear in forum The "Off Topic" LoungeReplies: 130Last Post: 06-04-2012, 02:20 PM
- By konstrukt in forum Windows Phone GamesReplies: 13Last Post: 01-24-2012, 10:08 AM
- By TheWeeBear in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 30Last Post: 12-07-2011, 03:23 PM
- By gator in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 22Last Post: 03-29-2011, 09:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD