Bye Bye Lumia...

Status
Not open for further replies.

kenstervf

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Back to the Microsoft Store he went. Really liked Windows Phone 8 OS though. Battery life is my main issue, which averaged about 10hrs. Others have claimed to have lasted 15+ hrs. I didn't want to wait and see if the battery life will improve over time.

Waiting for my Samsung Note 2 to arrive.

JammyGitz

Banned
Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Battery life is usually caused by the settings (Nokia Drive background). I swapped my black model for a white one yesterday because it was creaking and at 80% battery I'm getting 1 day 4 hours. Have you actually held the note 2? It's practically unusable as a phone. It looks like you're holding a TV to your face

SnailUK

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
What a shame.

Personally, my battery lasts for like 2 days at a time, but i generally keep most battery drains (NFC, Bluetooth, etc) off all the time.

I wonder if there is just a batch of bad batteries, or whether there is just some app somewhere that is just killing the battery.

pjs37

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
The only thing I will really say on the battery issue is do not go by the time remaining thing that it gives you. It takes a while for that to get a good calibration going and if you just got a new phone it will be all sorts of out of whack until it gets used to your usage.

Other than that at least you gave the OS a shot, that's more then most people are willing to do.

lottidah

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
My 920 was at 80% battery after ten hours off the charger with moderate use yesterday. My friend got the Note II two weeks ago and it's nice, but he says it's slow, whatever that means (maybe a Sprint specific issue).

Daniel Ratcliffe

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
The only thing I will really say on the battery issue is do not go by the time remaining thing that it gives you. It takes a while for that to get a good calibration going and if you just got a new phone it will be all sorts of out of whack until it gets used to your usage.

Other than that at least you gave the OS a shot, that's more then most people are willing to do.

I've been using my HTC TITAN for a year. It still hasn't calibrated properly... I'll never trust it... It doesn't factor in tethering for example.

dlusted

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
So you got rid of a decent phone for a "phone" that cant really be used as a phone due to its size.....

I haven't charged my 920 for 2 days with moderate to heavy use for net surfing, Facebook etc etc....
Probably as I turn the **** off I don't need and disable Mobile Data when I'm home on Wifi....

People really need to learn before bashing.... Because they can't get more than 10hrs clearly shows you're doing summit wrong!

cp2_4eva

Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
So you got rid of a decent phone for a "phone" that cant really be used as a phone due to its size.....

I haven't charged my 920 for 2 days with moderate to heavy use for net surfing, Facebook etc etc....
Probably as I turn the **** off I don't need and disable Mobile Data when I'm home on Wifi....

People really need to learn before bashing.... Because they can't get more than 10hrs clearly shows you're doing summit wrong!
Is that doing something or "summit" wrong as you put it using the phone? I thought that's what you are supposed to do with a smartphone...use it. No matter how you use it. It's not like WP8 has true multi tasking anyways. Most apps get "tomb-stoned" in the background other than some of those apps that need to run I hate when people say you are using it wrong. Not that I am complaining about my battery life, but to tell someone he is bashing the phone when he in fact tried it out and it didn't live up to his/her expectation is wrong. It's not like he bashed it and never even owned one. Give the guy a break. I'm glad he tried it and isn't a loyalist. Only loyal to his own needs which everyone should do. Some people get too caught up in their loyalty to see things for what they really are.

ALpHa.Q.RoUgH

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
Back to the Microsoft Store he went. Really liked Windows Phone 8 OS though. Battery life is my main issue, which averaged about 10hrs. Others have claimed to have lasted 15+ hrs. I didn't want to wait and see if the battery life will improve over time.

I heard Blackberries last longer than a day and a half.

jdhooghe

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
True...I have a nexus 7 tablet that has excellent battery life. I guess all tablets have good battery life....*ahem* sorry, I am being mean. I'm just tired of these posts. It's not that they want to ask for advice or discuss an issue, it's like they're wanting to convince themselves that they're making a good choice by being this way. The OP has a defective unit yet he is choosing to be flippant to everyone on this forum who has a lumia 920.

socialcarpet

Banned
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site

sisZS.gif

Last edited:

congusano

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Sorry you are leaving this community. Is there anything we can do to convince you otherwise, so you can remain here as an active contributor and share your wonderful windows phone/lumia920 experiences with us?

It's always sad to see a member be put in a situation where they must post about their departure. I am sad. :(

anon(1019781)

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
I gotta say, the Note 2's battery life never seems to disappoint people. If the OP is after long battery life, the Note 2 is one of the best things he can get.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3