Date and Time Won't Auto Set?

Cpfoxhunt

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I noticed this the other day after performing a soft reset on the handset as it had crashed. I appeared not to be receiving texts. A little further investigation revealed that the date was wrong - it had gone back to September, and the time had reset as well. Clicking the 'set date and time automatically' button doesn't seem to work - I'm not worried about continuity through resets, but it would be nice to have the phone auto set to the correct time.

Any ideas on how to fix it? Has anyone else experienced the same issue?

Last edited:

congusano

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I noticed this the other day after performing a soft reset on the handset as it had crashed. I appeared not to be receiving texts. A little further investigation revealed that the date was wrong - it had gone back to September, and the time had reset as well. Clicking the 'set date and time automatically' button doesn't seem to work - I'm not worried about continuity through resets, but it would be nice to have the phone auto set to the correct time.

Any ideas on how to fix it? Has anyone else experienced the same issue?

Are your location services turned off? I haven't checked yet, but I am just curious. I personally don't remember ever setting the date or time as its just always been correct for both since I got it.

deuxani

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I don't even have the set time automatically button :) But I hear for a lot of people that it doesn't show the right time, so setting it manually might be the best option.

Cpfoxhunt

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
My location services are on. It's just a bit annoying - often if I'm out and about the phone is my only clock, so it can be a bit tricky to set it manually if I have to do a reset. My old phone also used to auto update when I went travelling which was nice.

TechsUK

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, noticed the same problem.
I've slung location/etc. all on I think. can only set it automatically.
strange.
I looked at a friends old nokia (not smartphone) and that auto didn't work either.

fancyabrew

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
got the same issue, and its a pain! I've had to soft boot my phone a few times and if it happens when you're not near another clock you can't set the time, and like a lot of people I don't wear a watch anymore

cyleng

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
Yes, my newly bought Lumia 920 also having same problem as auto update never perform update after test for several day.

khunhorm

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
This is what will happen after reset

1. Live tile won't work
2. Date time is incorrect.

To solve these problems
1. Turn off and on your device twice after soft reset will fix the live tile problem

2. Date time will automatically be corrected after 2 hours (sad but nothing can be done unless you switch to manual)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayven