Lumia 920 Bluetooth / Automotive connection

Doncud

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
I have a Lumia 920 that I tried connectiong to my truck via bluetooth. I have a 2011 GMC Sierra for record. When I paired the phone with the vehicle and received a text messege, it tried to answer it via the bluetooth phone in the truck. I have never had a problem with bluetooth in this vehicle before and was wondering if anyone else is experiencing the same or similar issues?
Any help on this issue is grately appreciated.

OttawaMan

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
I'm not clear on what the problem is that you're trying to state. Are you saying your truck has a built in phone service?

I too paired my 920 with my Toyota Corolla and received a text message. It was a thing of beauty. It told me there was a message and asked if I wanted to hear it...I said 'yes!' (I was so excited since I never configured this specifically) and then after reading it to me, it asked if I wanted to reply and I said 'YES!' (too cool!) and then I dictated my reply and the phone sent it. Now THAT's what i expect in a 'smart' phone.

But back to your issue...what exactly was the problem?

uktivo

Mar 13, 2012
Visit site
I'm not clear on what the problem is that you're trying to state. Are you saying your truck has a built in phone service?

I too paired my 920 with my Toyota Corolla and received a text message. It was a thing of beauty. It told me there was a message and asked if I wanted to hear it...I said 'yes!' (I was so excited since I never configured this specifically) and then after reading it to me, it asked if I wanted to reply and I said 'YES!' (too cool!) and then I dictated my reply and the phone sent it. Now THAT's what i expect in a 'smart' phone.

I have to say as a business user, I find this feature so useful.. it actually is a massive selling point that no one shouts about...

Doncud

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
When I received a text from a friend while I was driving, My bluetooth(On Star) said I have an incoming CALL which was a text. I had to cancel the On Star call on the truck.
Your situation is great but not what I have on my truck.
In response to OttawaMan

vedichymn

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
When I received a text from a friend while I was driving, My bluetooth(On Star) said I have an incoming CALL which was a text. I had to cancel the On Star call on the truck.
Your situation is great but not what I have on my truck.
In response to OttawaMan

When you get a text, default behavior is to read it aloud over bluetooth and ask you what you want to do with it. Sounds like your truck is looking at that as a phone call.

If you don't like that, you can disable that by going to settings -> speech and change "Read aloud incoming text messages" to something other than "Bluetooth only"

leftturney

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

Yup same experience here in my Fiat except it doesn't understand your voice too well unless you speak to it in Italian or have a well kept mustache.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon