11-28-2012, 12:00 PM #1
- 4 Posts
I have a Lumia 920 that I tried connectiong to my truck via bluetooth. I have a 2011 GMC Sierra for record. When I paired the phone with the vehicle and received a text messege, it tried to answer it via the bluetooth phone in the truck. I have never had a problem with bluetooth in this vehicle before and was wondering if anyone else is experiencing the same or similar issues?
Any help on this issue is grately appreciated.
11-28-2012, 12:26 PM #2
- 20 Posts
I'm not clear on what the problem is that you're trying to state. Are you saying your truck has a built in phone service?
I too paired my 920 with my Toyota Corolla and received a text message. It was a thing of beauty. It told me there was a message and asked if I wanted to hear it...I said 'yes!' (I was so excited since I never configured this specifically) and then after reading it to me, it asked if I wanted to reply and I said 'YES!' (too cool!) and then I dictated my reply and the phone sent it. Now THAT's what i expect in a 'smart' phone.
But back to your issue...what exactly was the problem?
11-29-2012, 05:22 PM #4
- 4 Posts
When I received a text from a friend while I was driving, My bluetooth(On Star) said I have an incoming CALL which was a text. I had to cancel the On Star call on the truck.
Your situation is great but not what I have on my truck.
In response to OttawaMan
11-29-2012, 05:49 PM #5
- 339 Posts
If you don't like that, you can disable that by going to settings -> speech and change "Read aloud incoming text messages" to something other than "Bluetooth only"
- By Eden Lincoln F Oliveira in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 3Last Post: 05-28-2014, 03:13 PM
- By molokoplus in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 20Last Post: 02-04-2013, 09:55 PM
- By onedrummer2401 in forum Windows Phone 8Replies: 1Last Post: 12-19-2012, 08:17 PM
- By Eddie Stanbrough in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 0Last Post: 11-22-2012, 03:41 AM
- By camstreet1 in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 0Last Post: 10-31-2012, 04:35 AM