Lumia 920 Huge Battery Drain Post Recent Update (Extras + Info).

newfiend

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Hello,
First time posting here so if I missed a similar thread on this ..my bad.. Sorry.

I just installed the latest updates from Nokia for my Lumia 920 (Extras + Info / Feedback to Nokia) and now I am having Battery Drian issues.
The phone was perfect pre-update and would last most of the day and only drain down to 75-80%.
Now post the most recent updates through the Marketplace My Battery won't last half a day and already be at 50% used.. WTH??

If anyone else is having this same issue please post below so we know if this is happening to more than just a limited few.
Thanks,
newfiend~

JonesCK1

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I pin pointed my drain issues to apps calling for my location, which activates the GPS. In one case, the GPS kept running indefinitely even after I locked my phone (glitch? or since it happened indoors, the GPS was out of range and it kept trying to find me... maybe?). Extras + Info may be running in the background and pulling your location, there's no way to disable Extras + Info from running in the background but check to see if the location target is active when you tap the top of your screen.

JukeWP8

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
Same thing, just bout my phone on the 1st. On the 2nd I came home from work with around 80% battery life. At night I update and get those new apps, next day (TODAY, the 3rd) I check my battery and it is down to 50% give or take...

is it possible to revert without restart? I like the phone but drains battery way to quick , even with the "battery saver"

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bradhism