Help with Skype! (Thanks in advance!!)

Mason Wright

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I know this is probably a more WP8 general question that just a 920, but hopefully someone here can help...

I have skype on 920, but I can't seem to get any incoming calls unless the app is open and I'm looking at the screen. How do I fix this?

I was under the assumption that WP8 would allow skype to run in the background, even if the app wasn't open. Oddly enough, when I check my background tasks in settings, skype isn't listed. I can't find the settings on skype to fix this.

Any help would be appreciated and again, THANK YOU! :smile:

Ebaneeezor

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
no way to fix that, this is how it currently works - and with WiFi still shutting off when phone is in sleep mode kills it as well - (although plugging your phone into a power source will keep wifi on) -> until its fixed early next year.

Mine does the same as you are reporting, I open Skype, click home button, click Skype again and it appears to be "resumimg" - This is supposed to be fixed up as well.. Hopefully in that rumored early Q1 2013 OTA update :)

Mason Wright

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
no way to fix that, this is how it currently works - and with WiFi still shutting off when phone is in sleep mode kills it as well - (although plugging your phone into a power source will keep wifi on) -> until its fixed early next year.

Mine does the same as you are reporting, I open Skype, click home button, click Skype again and it appears to be "resumimg" - This is supposed to be fixed up as well.. Hopefully in that rumored early Q1 2013 OTA update :)

Yeah this is a bummer. I thought that skype calls would come in just like phone calls. After having my girlfriend "test out" this feature on my phone that I thought it had, I felt rather idiotic when her iphone did the same thing just fine.

fwaits

Mar 9, 2008
Visit site
Basically the app is a preview (beta) still so it doesn't have support for full background functionality yet. Have to wait for an update to the app which I would hope if fairly soon since it is a big one for MS and the Windows platform.

Mason Wright

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Basically the app is a preview (beta) still so it doesn't have support for full background functionality yet. Have to wait for an update to the app which I would hope if fairly soon since it is a big one for MS and the Windows platform.

I knew it was still in beta, but I figured they would test more features in the beta. especially since MS owns Skype.

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Was just about to ask about this. Whenever I have Skype on data and come out of the app I get no notifications about calls, messages - nothing. I'm pretty sure when I first installed the preview it worked for a day or two out of app but now nothing... the consensus is because this is being worked on and will be implemented properly soon?

RaleighRob

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Another question. Might as well ask it here. Can the Skype app send and receive files like on other platforms by companies not named Microsoft?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnwilliam9750